HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old May 01, 2009, 09:33 PM
War Eagle!
Birmingham, Alabama
Joined Feb 2007
7,876 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by EYEinSKY
Great review Napo! This plane just looks BAAADDDDD.....in the air, and I mean that in a good way! It has a great sound too!
Tom
Yeah, it looks pretty good all right... The sound is pretty nice, too but only when there are no slimers around. I've had a bit of bad luck lately with gas planes taking off as soon as I started flying for the camera...

Thanks!
Spackles94 is offline Find More Posts by Spackles94
to remove ads between posts
Old May 01, 2009, 09:35 PM
War Eagle!
Birmingham, Alabama
Joined Feb 2007
7,876 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by stickyzdc
I had the same problem flying my Exceed F-35 on the stock radio. I was going to throw it out untill i put a Spektrum radio in it. Now it flies great. Wish they would offer the kits without radio.

Did you ever try Gorrilla glue(white)? It fills the gaps and is super strong. I tested it on a few foam parts and it holds together better than anything else.
Glad to see I'm not the only one with problems with the radio. It's not bad per se it's just not the right radio for this plane.

I did in fact use a bit of Gorilla Glue on the plane, especially to fill in some gaps in the wing hence the bit of white. Yeah, Gorilla Glue rocks!
Old May 01, 2009, 09:37 PM
War Eagle!
Birmingham, Alabama
Joined Feb 2007
7,876 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MartinT
...It looks really bad (= not good) on the ground and on the still photographs though, and that's because you have the nosecone mounted upside down...(It just doesn't look right this way, apart from the weird stubby missiles on the wingtips, but these require more reworking) So pull the nosecone off, and rotate it 180 degrees before gluing it back on. ;-) that'll do the trick, and it'll start to look more like a real F-16!

Laterrr,

Martin

(PS. If you want to redo the wingtips: just cutoff the fake stubby missliles, get a piece of squarebalsa paint it grey to make it into a missile rail, (Look at the pics of real F-16's (calculate the length by comparing it to plans or so) and fix it to the wing by either a)cutting a slit in the wing, and a piece of thin plastic, which is glued in a slit in the rail. or b) use a tiny superstrong magnet, (mostly used for hatches and so) so it will come off, when the misslie rail keeps hanging behind a doorpost, or your cardoor or your sleeve or high grass upon landing or whatever...
Martin,

Keen eye, and shame on me! Fortunately (sort of ), the nose eventually gave out, so I replaced it, and I believe this time I've got it right. Go figure...

Great tip about the missiles, that's for sure! I might have to try that...
Old May 01, 2009, 09:38 PM
War Eagle!
Birmingham, Alabama
Joined Feb 2007
7,876 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Heer
Very nice review Napo. The radio with my Catalina was adequate for a parkflyer but I went to a Spektrum receiver with my Catalina to make traveling easier with one less transmitter. The radio with my Blue Ray helicopter from Nitroplanes is very good. Mike H
Thanks Mike! And I definitely feel your pain about flying with more than one radio...
Old May 01, 2009, 09:39 PM
United States, CO, Boulder
Joined Sep 2008
7,433 Posts
Spackles- do you have a link to the replacement parts?

bananahobby.com sells RR versions.
Kmart is offline Find More Posts by Kmart
Old May 01, 2009, 09:43 PM
War Eagle!
Birmingham, Alabama
Joined Feb 2007
7,876 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kmart
Is there a way to order replacement parts? Seems like that nose will need to be replaced eventually.
Yes, there is a way. And yes, you may very well have to replace it eventually (I know I did). From what I've read, you can use this forum to request parts (sorry, it's RCU ). But you could also give them a call. I contacted them directly (they have a phone number and live chat) and shipped the nose rather promptly...
Old May 01, 2009, 09:44 PM
War Eagle!
Birmingham, Alabama
Joined Feb 2007
7,876 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mig-15Pilot
That intake setup is so far off scale- it looks terrible. From the side it doesn`t even look like an F-16. Why can some companies ( like Flying Styro) make F-16s that look scale and fly well and companies like this make stuff like this that they shouldn`t even be allowed to call an F-16?

It looks like an F-16 carrying a huge tube under it. Even the nose cone is wrong-too pointy. Yuck!
It's a matter of getting enough air and thrust on it. And I guess they want to do so without having to go through the hassle of cheater holes...
Old May 01, 2009, 09:58 PM
Joined Sep 2008
7,433 Posts
Then maybe you could order a RR version through the phone, if you can order parts individually...
Old May 01, 2009, 10:05 PM
War Eagle!
Birmingham, Alabama
Joined Feb 2007
7,876 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kmart
Then maybe you could order a RR version through the phone, if you can order parts individually...
You try and let us know. I've already got one, and one is enough.
Old May 13, 2009, 02:36 AM
WiggleWiggleWiggle
South Australia
Joined Jan 2008
6,047 Posts
Can anybody please help me.
I found this F-16 at Hobby-wing.com. At the time they only sold the RTF package so I decided to buy the parts and build my own. Problem is the part that is supposed to be the canopy (foam with clear plastic canopy) was actually only the plastic bit. They dont seem to be able to help me. Does anybody know where I can get the foam canopy part? FMS models are yet to return my email. Kit is practically useless without this little part.
ozzi supercub is offline Find More Posts by ozzi supercub
Old May 16, 2009, 03:49 AM
Joined Apr 2009
1 Posts
HI all, Wonder if u guys can help me out here. Im pretty new to rc plane. Being using a simulator for a while now and able to fly prety well. JUst want to know, how close a simulator actually is from flying the real thing?
What is the best plane to go for for a first timer? I was thinking about a nice and simple cessna.
Thanks a lot..
Roger
rogerbra is offline Find More Posts by rogerbra
Old May 16, 2009, 09:55 AM
Joined Sep 2008
7,433 Posts
hobbyzone super cub, or Easy Star.
Old May 16, 2009, 10:05 AM
War Eagle!
Birmingham, Alabama
Joined Feb 2007
7,876 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rogerbra
HI all, Wonder if u guys can help me out here. Im pretty new to rc plane. Being using a simulator for a while now and able to fly prety well. JUst want to know, how close a simulator actually is from flying the real thing?
What is the best plane to go for for a first timer? I was thinking about a nice and simple cessna.
Thanks a lot..
Roger
Roger,

Welcome to RCGroups and to the hobby! Glad you dropped by for suggestions.

As you probably already know, something such as this EDF might be a bit too much to handle as a first plane. So yeah, a top-wing trainer such as a Cessna or especially the Super Cub, which Kmart recommended (and I had as my first plane) will be a great way to get started.

Hope this helps!
Old Jul 22, 2009, 12:07 AM
Blam!
Las Vegas
Joined Oct 2007
563 Posts
Does anyone know where the CG is... the instructions do not say
Daniel C is offline Find More Posts by Daniel C
Old Jul 22, 2009, 02:30 AM
WiggleWiggleWiggle
South Australia
Joined Jan 2008
6,047 Posts
I've got mine at 60mm from the leading edge.
ozzi supercub is offline Find More Posts by ozzi supercub