Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Apr 13, 2012, 07:57 PM
Jack
USA, ME, Ellsworth
Joined May 2008
16,690 Posts
Thanks Ken. This thread was often viewed enough and posted to enough to keep it near the top. But it seem be fading a little. And it has so many good answers for the new and curious...

Good to see you post here on the Classic kits. I edited post #2 in this thread (a post I had made) a couple of months ago and mentioned the Classic kit. But is is good to see the photos here now. I will amend that with little with a link to the post with the photos you just made.

It is unfortunate but, with Hopalong X having gone quiet, this thread does not really have a moderator or anyone that can update things. Only Hopalong X has the moderator rights here...

Jack
jackerbes is offline Find More Posts by jackerbes
to remove ads between posts
Old May 27, 2013, 03:44 AM
Jack
USA, ME, Ellsworth
Joined May 2008
16,690 Posts
My Third and Final Plea for Help...

I have twice previously asked the regulars here to please petition moderators to make this thread a sticky thread:

If there has been any response to those requests, there has not been any result. The ** Tony65x55 ** planes and plans thread still gets few posts and fades into obscurity.

People forget it is there, questions get harder to answer, information is harder to find. If it were a sticky thread it would be better I think.

The originator and moderator of that thread is a missing fellow airman named Hopalong X (Mike Sumpter). His last post here was over three years ago and I suspect that he is no longer with us.

If you think this thread deserves to have sticky status, please do this:

1 - Open post #1 in this thread in another tab or window,

2 - Click on the "Report" button right next to the post number (upper right corner),

3 - Click on the down pointing arrow by the "What would you like the moderator to do?" box

4 - Choose "Stick/Unstick this thread

5 - Politely ask them to sticky the ** Tony65x55 ** planes and plans thread by saying something like this:

Please sticky the ** Tony65x55 ** planes and plans thread.

It is a summary of the locations of, and provides links to, hundreds of plans and builds that are frequently asked about.

It is frequently referenced but seldom gets posted to. Then it fades into obscurity and the newbies cannot find it.

Thanks

(your user name)

I have just submitted yet another request to the moderators to make that a sticky thread. Please consider doing that also and do it soon!

Jack
Old May 27, 2013, 11:22 AM
LaGrange, GA
Joined Jun 2009
1,811 Posts
Done Jack! And thank you for your perseverance! If it were not for the guys in Tony's various threads when I started back in '09, I would not be flying model airplanes today. You and countless others have helped make RCGroups the gem of a resource it is.
JohnsPop is offline Find More Posts by JohnsPop
Old May 27, 2013, 11:31 AM
Jack
USA, ME, Ellsworth
Joined May 2008
16,690 Posts
Thanks to all you guys too! We'll get this train back on the tracks yet!

Jack
Old May 27, 2013, 12:16 PM
Watt Waster
Joined Oct 2010
1,807 Posts
Tony's Planes and plans

I also made a request as suggested. Maybe if others do the same Tony's planes and plans will be more easily noticed.
Tsavah is offline Find More Posts by Tsavah
Old May 28, 2013, 10:23 AM
North of Lake Pontchartrain
Joined Jan 2006
234 Posts
Request submitted
Hope all works out well
This is a very important collection of information
Thanks All
Wes
wgoostrey is offline Find More Posts by wgoostrey
Old May 28, 2013, 11:57 PM