HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
This thread is privately moderated by anatoly, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Feb 06, 2009, 10:50 AM
RC Addict
Falls Church, VA
Joined Jul 2006
2,255 Posts
Discussion
How to convert a JST connector to mini-Deans without soldering

As it turns out, the pins on the mini-Deans connector will fit directly into the red JST connector that comes on some batteries. It takes a little effort to get them in there, but they do fit. Just make sure you have the polarity correct. Then you can just put some heatshrink over the joint, and you're done.

I saw this trick mentioned about six months ago here on rcgroups, so this isn't mine, but it seems not too many people know about it. I thought I would document it here in case someone else finds it useful.
anatoly is online now Find More Posts by anatoly
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 09, 2009, 10:23 PM
Sky good, Earth bad!
Anchorage
Joined Dec 2005
1,238 Posts
Ok, I'll bite "why" would I want to do that? I have never seen a battery or ESC come with micro deans. Most smaller batteries come with JST's so one quick solder job and I'm done!
Dak...
Dakrat is offline Find More Posts by Dakrat
Old Jul 22, 2009, 10:54 PM
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
USA, KY, Hebron
Joined Dec 2005
2,730 Posts
I always figured the point of switching from JST to micro Dean's was to increase the current capacity/efficiency of the connector. Wouldn't doing this negate that?

Sure could be handy in a pinch, though.
habitforming is offline Find More Posts by habitforming
RCG Plus Member