SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Jun 13, 2001, 10:04 PM
El Queso Grande
Rippin in Hood River, OR, USA
Joined Oct 2000
1,141 Posts
I can't believe the home team!

Having grown up in Seattle I am following the magical Mariners with awe. After all those crappy years and losing A-Rod, Griffey, AND Randy Johnson it is finally all paying off. The irony is that they ALL left to play for a "winner". Last week the Mariners had more wins than the Ranger and the Reds COMBINED!
windsurfer is offline Find More Posts by windsurfer
Old Jun 14, 2001, 01:08 AM
characters welcome!
United States, CA, Bear Valley Springs
Joined Feb 2000
26,500 Posts
Isn't this FUN??!
The best part of this year's Mariners is that there is no one hero. One of my favorite banners has been: "Another Day, Another Hero". Pretty much puts it in a nutshell.

And where the dickens did they find ICHIRO????

mw
Mark Wood is offline Find More Posts by Mark Wood
Old Jun 14, 2001, 10:15 AM
Huntington Beach
Joined Aug 2000
728 Posts
Go Seattle, NOT! Just kidding.
I've been a life long Angels fan so I feel your pain and envy the M's remarkable season.

Congratulations!
Buran is online now Find More Posts by Buran
Old Jun 14, 2001, 12:28 PM
Scott Summersgill
Thousand Oaks, CA
Joined Feb 2001
558 Posts
My favorite sign has to be "Two outs, so What". It's amazing what these guys are doing in the clutch. As they say it's not how many hits you get but when you get them.

The only problem with the M's performance so far is I've been glued to the TV watching games instead of building my new plane. Yeah, yeah I know, get a radio and listen to it in the shop. I'm just addicted I guess.
smsgill is offline Find More Posts by smsgill
Old Jun 15, 2001, 01:00 AM
characters welcome!
United States, CA, Bear Valley Springs
Joined Feb 2000
26,500 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by smsgill:
The only problem with the M's performance so far is I've been glued to the TV watching games instead of building my new plane. Yeah, yeah I know, get a radio and listen to it in the shop. I'm just addicted I guess.
Ain't it the TRUTH! My wife and I don't usually see entertainment along the same lines, but she's gotten more rabid about the whole thing than I have. She even makes the popcorn!

mw

Mark Wood is offline Find More Posts by Mark Wood
Old Jun 15, 2001, 01:14 AM
Huntington Beach
Joined Aug 2000
728 Posts
As an outsider, what I find most interesting about the M's is how well they are playing after the defections. OK, Randy Johnson goes to the D-backs to make a good team even better (believe me, I know; I'm a Dodger fan). Junior goes to Cincinnati; Bwahahahaha! A-rod goes to Texas and now they can't afford decent pitching. The M's are a good team that has persevered.

Good Going.
Buran is online now Find More Posts by Buran
Old Jun 15, 2001, 11:11 PM
El Queso Grande
Rippin in Hood River, OR, USA
Joined Oct 2000
1,141 Posts
And after 20 years of boneheads they finally have a front office that knows how to make a trade. Ichiro came from Japan, the M's director of scouting used to coach in Japan. Expect to see some more. Plus it helps that Nintendo owns part of the M's.
windsurfer is offline Find More Posts by windsurfer