HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Feb 06, 2009, 05:42 AM
Fliegensville
Joined Jul 2006
178 Posts
Link
Eastwind Models Gemini Footage

If I may post a link to my first ever publicly broadcast video

RC Twin Gold Coast 31 July 08 0002 (5 min 22 sec)

31 July is kinda' mid winter for South East Queensland Australia...

Background, model is scratch built from plans 'Eastwind Models' Gemini Twin, finished in an American Eagle livery.

Of interest is the Surfers Paradise / Broadbeach skyline (bit difficult to see with the morning sunrise), Royal Pines Resort (The lone high rise, of which this model is at least twice the height of!), City Botanic Gardens (under development), Nerang Broadbeach road, Carrara stadium, Emmanual College, Palm Meadows Golf course, and their Baseball field, the Nerang river, at the 4:14 mark the appearance of a bird in the LH corner flying aliong below model. Most interestingly is that this site is the location of the old 'Surfers Paradise International Raceway' AND Airfield. (Bruce McGarvey kept the Tiger Moths here...Now all you can see are lakes and waterways all artificially created, and so gave the Gold Coast the name many years ago of little Venice. (Not all those waterways are man made BTW) Some others like the Nerang River (Parrallel to the Nerang Broadbeach road as in the 3:04 minute part of the video have been there forever and are infested with Bull sharks (Carcharinus Leucas ?) Anyway Hope you enjoy
Fliegenmong is offline Find More Posts by Fliegenmong
Last edited by Fliegenmong; Feb 06, 2009 at 05:59 AM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 06, 2009, 01:04 PM
Rich Hill Missouri 64779
Joined Nov 2003
8,361 Posts
Is this your first AV? But not your first flying! Great job on the video!
quailbird is offline Find More Posts by quailbird
Old Feb 06, 2009, 04:52 PM
Fliegensville
Joined Jul 2006
178 Posts
AV = Aerial Video?, Yeah been flyin' a bit.....have more videos.....first time I ever figured out how to get them on innynet so others could enjoy
Old Feb 06, 2009, 05:47 PM
SB-28 UK Display Pilot
ENGLAND
Joined Jul 2001
2,439 Posts
Fliegenmong
Please post an image of your Gemini......need just a nudge to carry on with my build.

Whats the little door on the side of the fuselage all about? Enjoyed the video.

Gordon
GeeW is offline Find More Posts by GeeW
Old Feb 07, 2009, 01:42 AM
Ozzie Express wiggy pilot
YANKALILLA , SOUTH AUSTRALIA.
Joined Nov 2002
5,234 Posts
That is prob the wost A/V Ive seen..............
SON OF PALEFACE is offline Find More Posts by SON OF PALEFACE
Old Feb 07, 2009, 03:38 AM
Fliegensville
Joined Jul 2006
178 Posts
Son of Pale Face, I am sorry it's the worst A / V you've seen, given that I have essentially asked if A / V means aerial video, I thought you may have had the courtesy to let me know...anyway be sure not to bother clicking on to any of my posts in the future

I don't have a picture to hand GeeW but I can tell you that it is finished in an American Eagle livery, as in this scheme, it looks not too unlike a lot of regional commuters I've seen on and around LAX. Oh Ok its not an ATR or a Saab, but the livery looks cool.

The door, again, in keeping with the theme of something like a regionl airliner, there are seats inside in a 2 x 2 confi.. The door needs to be opened to activate the on / off button for the speed controller. Essentially the door is opened, system switched on, speed controller is armed, door closes, pre take off check of control services and we're away.
Old Feb 07, 2009, 03:46 AM
Ozzie Express wiggy pilot
YANKALILLA , SOUTH AUSTRALIA.
Joined Nov 2002
5,234 Posts
You can bet on that..........
SON OF PALEFACE is offline Find More Posts by SON OF PALEFACE
Old Feb 07, 2009, 04:34 AM
Joined Jan 2007
4,467 Posts
Ian, shame on you! I expected more out of you because I've seen you give good critiques. All video can be improved and is best done through constructive criticism, not blanket statements.

Anyway, Fliegenmong, I enjoyed seeing your part of the world and also giving a summary in your post of what it is that we are seeing. It made the landmarks more interesting.

Now for my constructive criticism...fist is the location of your camera. Because of this we see the nose of the plane and the prop. The view of the prop and it's shadow really took away from what we were seeing and is very distracting. The nose of the plane is not as bad because it never changes and we are able to ignore it but the prop is really the distracting part. The time of day is something that we can't do anything about because the early morning is usually the best time of day due to there being no wind. The last thing would be to add a music track of some kind. I had to turn off my speakers because of the wind noise. One way to cut this down is to put a piece of the cloth side of Velcro over the mic opening. You will get a lot less wind noise and we will still be able to hear the motor.

All in all, a good first post. Keep them coming.

- Jeff
Canadian Geek is online now Find More Posts by Canadian Geek
Old Feb 07, 2009, 04:35 AM
Fliegensville
Joined Jul 2006
178 Posts
RightOh Son, don't click on 'Ashmore' then .....ha ha hahha hah

Yankankilla??
Old Feb 07, 2009, 04:48 AM
Fliegensville
Joined Jul 2006
178 Posts
Oh thanks ZIRT. I understand the wind / motor irritates some people, but I don't really care for taking the time to put in music, I guess the props don't bother me either, but that is just me being so selfish as to assume others would feel the same AND being so thrilled to finally have a model video camera I can mount to a model! Ha ha. I also sometimes turn down the sound when I watch my videos if I'm not in the mood for the noise.

I'm most thrilled though to see you are in Canada, and I was able to show you flying in South East Queensland Australia, that is mid winter for us (31 July)..not bad Eh?

I have sent it also to my Sister who lives in Chicago Ill. We were up there to visit 12 Months ago and I was flying an "EziStar" around a park near her house in minus 15 c !!! Perhaps not Canadian cold but incredibly cold to us, and an incredible experience I'll never forget flying there, touch and go's off snow and ice, and the long, long slide on landing. Out here in Oz right now it's so damn hot that just standing in the shed staring at a model plan causes you to sweat litres!!

P.S. To us.. that kind of cold is exotic!, I've been in the pool by the palm trees 4 times today, listening to the lorikeets screech and fly about
Old Feb 07, 2009, 05:46 AM
Joined Jan 2007
4,467 Posts
Actually I have to watch myself sometimes. I enjoy all the different cultures from around the world that post to these forums. But that doesn't mean that I understand them all. Both you and SOP being Australian, his post could have been a joke and I wouldn't get it (being a Canuck ).

Right now I have about 2 feet of snow in my back yard. Good thing that I have two strong sons to shovel the driveway this year. It seems that "global warming" hasn't caught up with Canada. We've had a great winter so far (I love the snow). I hope to finally get some winter videos up in the next while.

- Jeff
Canadian Geek is online now Find More Posts by Canadian Geek
Old Feb 07, 2009, 05:50 AM
Fliegensville
Joined Jul 2006
178 Posts
Cool ZIRT, the Prop is worse in my 'Ashmore' Vid, but trying for the 'Pilot' view to you know!
Old Feb 08, 2009, 04:51 AM
Fliegensville
Joined Jul 2006
178 Posts
RC Twin Gold Coast 1 Aug '08 (3 min 42 sec)

Here I am the following day, this time the video is along the wing, with some of the middle cut out (video, not wing! Haahah ), still no music edited in and that prop is till sure there, Oh well.... Some wing flexing evident and as teh end showa so hard to fly a balanced turn in an RC aircraft....just can't see that tuft of wool or turn / slip indicator!!
Old Feb 13, 2009, 10:11 PM
Fliegensville
Joined Jul 2006
178 Posts
I have a picture of this A/C, can you just cut and paste to here?