The Don is online now Find More Posts by The Don
RCG Plus Member
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 10, 2009, 04:17 PM
Hitec/Multiplex USA
Poway, California, United States
Joined Sep 2000
4,196 Posts
Okay, one more time... The coupon is good for Aurora's (either the 7ch or 9 ch versions) purchased in North America. If however, the free RX (and optional second) needs to be shipped outside North America, then the additional shipping cost must be paid by the recipient.

Mike.
MikeMayberry is offline Find More Posts by MikeMayberry
Old Nov 10, 2009, 04:40 PM
Melbourne, Australia
Joined May 2006
6,407 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Radian View Post
I would like to purchase the Aurora 9 but I want to move into 2.4ghz slowly. I have much on 72mhz right now.

I was hoping to purchase the A9 with 2.4ghz and also purchase separately the 72mhz transmitter module.

Is there an ETA when the 72mhz transmitter module will be available as a separate purchase?

Radian
www.phflyers.com
Are your existing 72MHz Hiect PCM or generic PPM ? If they are some other brand PCM you are out of luck regardless of availability of the Spectra FM module.
kgfly is online now Find More Posts by kgfly
Old Nov 10, 2009, 06:46 PM
Pompano Hill Flyers
Coral Springs FL
Joined May 2002
681 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kgfly View Post
Are your existing 72MHz Hiect PCM or generic PPM ? If they are some other brand PCM you are out of luck regardless of availability of the Spectra FM module.
Regular PPM. Currently using an EVO9 TX and my contest sailplanes use Fusion 9 synth module RX's

Not good on the delay... Looks like the A9 is off my Xmas list. I don't want to get it without knowing for sure the 72 mhz module "will exist" Also, I don't want to carry two transmitters.

I've been flying for 17 years. I've only needed two transmitters so far. An Ace Micro Pro 2000 followed by an EVO 9 Both considered to be among the best most versatile in their time.... (Ok so the EVO could still be argued to be so.)

I'm looking at this A9 as my next transmitter for 5+ years. SO I want to make sure that Hitec does indeed follow through with their plans to offer the 72 mhz module. (Remember the HS-35 servos??? Where are they now?)

Radian
www.phflyers.com
Radian is offline Find More Posts by Radian
Old Nov 10, 2009, 06:50 PM
Joined Aug 2008
1,015 Posts
yeah, please don't ask about the coupon again, unless something new comes up. There is google search on these forms for a reason.

Lucas
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeMayberry View Post
Okay, one more time... The coupon is good for Aurora's (either the 7ch or 9 ch versions) purchased in North America. If however, the free RX (and optional second) needs to be shipped outside North America, then the additional shipping cost must be paid by the recipient.

Mike.
lucasavaitor is offline Find More Posts by lucasavaitor
Old Nov 10, 2009, 07:08 PM
Not your average DiggsyBear
Raleigh, NC
Joined Dec 2006
8,859 Posts
It is a shame Mike didn't start this thread. He could update the first page with a FAQ. Time to go see if mine has shipped yet. I am getting tired of finding "Processing" in the status column each night

Diggs
Diggs is offline Find More Posts by Diggs
Old Nov 10, 2009, 07:25 PM
AMA 754
Phoenix area
Joined Apr 2004
1,614 Posts
Mike, please expand on your comment in Post 893 about using a balance connector to the receiver's SPC port to monitor the main pack voltage instead of the output of the BEC...
Are you implying that I can connect the pack voltage to the SPC port AND connect the BEC output to the throttle channel at the same time? Or do I instead have to use a separate servo power source when using the SPC port? I'd much rather monitor the pack-side voltage than the BEC output if I can do so without a separate servo battery. The diagram on page 21 of the A9 manual also implies that it can be done, but that diagram shows a separate ESC and BEC configuration. Is it also valid for ESC's with integrated BEC?
BobRCnut is online now Find More Posts by BobRCnut
Last edited by BobRCnut; Nov 10, 2009 at 09:29 PM. Reason: addinfo
Old Nov 10, 2009, 09:21 PM
Plano, TX
Joined Nov 2006
2,218 Posts
Hi Mike,

Do you know if there are plans to have the firmware in the TX and RX will be upgradeble by the customer or would we have to send these units in for any possible future upgrade? This would be a nice option for early adopters.
fatcat220 is offline Find More Posts by fatcat220
Old Nov 10, 2009, 09:44 PM
Not your average DiggsyBear
Raleigh, NC
Joined Dec 2006
8,859 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by fatcat220 View Post
Hi Mike,

Do you know if there are plans to have the firmware in the TX and RX will be upgradeble by the customer or would we have to send these units in for any possible future upgrade? This would be a nice option for early adopters.
I asked this very same question earlier and if I understood correctly, the TX and RX will have the option for the end user to update firmware. W000h000!

Diggs
Diggs is offline Find More Posts by Diggs
Old Nov 10, 2009, 09:46 PM
We come in peace.
Canada, BC, Penticton
Joined Feb 2003
1,760 Posts
Mike. Time for a new avatar. I'm sure that head of hair is gone by now.
Synth is offline Find More Posts by Synth
Old Nov 10, 2009, 09:48 PM
Ready to fly MRs
Swanton, OH
Joined Jul 2007
5,066 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by fatcat220 View Post
Hi Mike,

Yes it is user upgradable with a USB connection which will be coming out later, I recall Mike saying that.
Sid3ways is offline Find More Posts by Sid3ways
Old Nov 10, 2009, 11:09 PM
Plano, TX
Joined Nov 2006
2,218 Posts
I was going through another RC Groups thread on the Aurora and Mike posted a nice video that some of you may be interested in. I don't think that I came across this video in this thread. If it is in this thread, I'm sorry for the redundancy.

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...&postcount=455

OK, I've got the fever now! Dang the more I learn the more I want this radio. I like the fact that Hitec has gone to great pains to make the transmitter so user friendly - on both the HW and SW side. If you watch the video, it shows how easy it is to access the gimbal tension adjustments. Also, I like the fact that you can bind models with out having to plug in a jumper into the RX. Its all these little things and big (seemly easy programable interface) that are adding up in my mind.

Now my wait starts for the Aurora TX / 9 ch RX!
fatcat220 is offline Find More Posts by fatcat220
Old Nov 10, 2009, 11:42 PM
USA, IL, Lake Forest
Joined May 2007
1,290 Posts
Well, I didn't want to do it, but I canceled my Aurora preorder, after calling around to a few places I found a few vendors that had them in stock, so I cancelled the preorder and ordered one from another vendor that had stock and today I recieved my Aurora 9 .
I'm not sure if I'm experiencing a problem just yet, but when I took it out of the box, I turned it on and the voltmeter on the display read 0 volts, the low voltage alam was beeping and the display shut off within 20 seconds, I thought it odd that that the battery would be completely dead, and thought it should show at least 5 or 6 volts. I then plugged in the suplied charger, the led on the charger came on then slowly faded until the led went completely off about 30 seconds later. I tried plugging it into a few different outlets just to make sure it was getting power, of the 10 or so times of plugging in the charger, I could only get the led to come on about 3 times, but then the led would fade within 30 seconds till it was off. I left it on charge for about 6 hours, then turned on the tx, within 3 minutes the low battery alarm came on and shortly after that the display turned off. not having a lot of time to mess with it, I put it back on charge while I went to work, came home, turned it on, this time I got about 20 minutes of playing with the programing and then the low battery alarm came on, went back to the main screen and watched the volage dump to o volts. suspecting the charger, I removed the battery,pluged the tx into the charger and tested the voltage at the battery pins on the tx, I'm getting a solid 7.3 to 7.5 volts. also with the load of my multimeter, the led on the charger comes on and stays on, so this tells me the charger and charging jack on the tx is working properly. putting my multimeter on the battery conector, I show almost 8 volts, but after a minute or so the voltage starts to drop, once it hits 6.8 volts it really starts dropping fast, that indicates a dead battery. what I can't tell is if the battery conector is The problem, or if I have a bad cell?? since all of my chargers are all lipo only, I have no other way of charging the battery to test it and my futaba battery and wall wart have different connectors so I can't use those to eliminate the battery connector or battery. anyone have any suggestions?

despite this slight hickup. Man this is one fantastic radio!!!
antennahead is offline Find More Posts by antennahead
Old Nov 10, 2009, 11:43 PM
Romania, Dolj, Craiova
Joined Sep 2007
14,634 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobrcnut View Post
Are you implying that i can connect the pack voltage to the spc port and connect the bec output to the throttle channel at the same time?
...is it also valid for esc's with integrated bec?
yes, yes !
renatoa is offline Find More Posts by renatoa
Old Nov 11, 2009, 01:16 AM
Joined Dec 2006
1,170 Posts
I'm not sure I understand the issue with the charger for the transmitter. Does the charger have an issue or is it cheap batteries or what? Does it have some sort of diode in the charging circuit preventing the charger from charging correctly? If it's just a cheap charger then I have a Hyperion Duo 0615I to charge with. So what is the true charging issue?
GhostRider32 is offline Find More Posts by GhostRider32