Old Aug 28, 2010, 07:54 PM
Sailplane Mafia
United States, SC, Summerville
Joined Jun 2001
2,020 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by angelfood View Post
No, that's perfect and many thanks!

ADDENDUM: so, one way of doing this is to use a "servo extension" (or the one that comes with the TX) and solder the bare negative and positive wires to the male deans connector on the esc, then plug the other end into the Optima, right?

Again, many thanks.
Here is what mine looks like on Deans and HXT's. Note that if your wire is 10AWG it won't fit in the jacket on the HXT's you have to solder the wire by splicing into the speed controller wires.
gquiring is offline Find More Posts by gquiring
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 28, 2010, 08:10 PM
-S-
Just one more..... Just one...
USA, TX, Longview
Joined Jan 2010
1,219 Posts
Name of the battery plug on the Aurora?

Howdy,

I'm looking to get rid of the 500000 chargers I have collected in a short amount of time in this hobby and use one main charger.

I have a decent charger to charge/discharge all types.

I want to build a connector for the A9 OEM battery to my charger. - The white battery connector that is in the Transmitter

Anyone know what the plug type is called or where I can find a female version of this plug??

I have jury rigged a "electrify" adapter but it's not right and I want to do it right.

Thanks -S-
-S- is offline Find More Posts by -S-
Last edited by -S-; Aug 28, 2010 at 08:31 PM. Reason: clairfication
Old Aug 28, 2010, 08:15 PM
SAM Elec GrandChamp04,07,10,12
Smithfield, Ky.
Joined Sep 2001
1,045 Posts
I assume you mean the transmitter plug:
For anyone wanting to make up their own charge cord to plug into the back of the Aurora, here is the Radio Shack part number for the Coaxial barrel power plug.
Radio Shack PN 274-1571

Here is the link to this item on their site:
http://www.radioshack.com/product/in...ductId=2102487
If you mean the connector internal to the transmitter from the pack that can
be had from Maxxproducts:
http://www.maxxprod.com/mpi/mpi-5.html
Connector # 2802.
Jay
Jay Burkart is offline Find More Posts by Jay Burkart
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by Jay Burkart; Aug 28, 2010 at 08:20 PM.
Old Aug 28, 2010, 08:30 PM
-S-
USA, TX, Longview
Joined Jan 2010
1,219 Posts
Thank you jay!
Last edited by -S-; Aug 28, 2010 at 08:33 PM. Reason: I'm a ding dong and did read it throughly
Old Aug 28, 2010, 08:32 PM
-S-
USA, TX, Longview
Joined Jan 2010
1,219 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay Burkart View Post
I assume you mean the transmitter plug:
For anyone wanting to make up their own charge cord to plug into the back of the Aurora, here is the Radio Shack part number for the Coaxial barrel power plug.
Radio Shack PN 274-1571

Here is the link to this item on their site:
http://www.radioshack.com/product/in...ductId=2102487
If you mean the connector internal to the transmitter from the pack that can
be had from Maxxproducts:
http://www.maxxprod.com/mpi/mpi-5.html
Connector # 2802.
Jay
Jay - Thank you, I re-read your info that that is exactally it!

I appreciate it very much! -S-
Old Aug 28, 2010, 10:35 PM
Los Angeles
Joined Aug 2002
576 Posts
We have a few Aurora's left in stock. Click here and call us for a steal of a price. First come, first served!

866-405-8811
mikekomm is offline Find More Posts by mikekomm
Old Aug 29, 2010, 01:20 AM
plank n shankbone pilot
Dumont, NJ
Joined Feb 2005
869 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by DannyZRC View Post
not to bust balls too much, cause I think the A9 is a nice radio for sure, but latency schmatency may be overstating it a bit.

here is an older justin stick cam vid, flying with an X9303 (36ms avg latency), the "crack" maneuvers are done at much higher frequency than in the more recent demo posted by benny.

in those types of rapid stick oscillation type maneuvers, the effect of latency is most pronounced.

Ummm, how about this one?

Aeolus 600 Electic RC Helicopter Testing - Justin Jee - 2010-08-28 (3 min 50 sec)
red_z06 is offline Find More Posts by red_z06
Old Aug 29, 2010, 02:37 AM
USA, CA, Merced
Joined Dec 2007
504 Posts
very beautiful flying.

I'd still take 17ms over 55, and 90hz control rate vs 45hz.

the aurora does many things very well, but the fundamental function of the radio, which is to relay control information, is not performed in a manner equal to it's competitors. does it perform it well enough? absolutely.

the A9 is a fantastic radios, all radios today are fantastic radios.

For some tasks, among it's price competitors, the A9 is the MOST fantastic radio, and for other tasks it is not.

it is what it is.

I would just rather people adopted the attitude that they can live with it's minor shortcomings, than pretending they didn't exist and denying/denigrating the varied accomplishments of the other fantastic radios out there.
DannyZRC is offline Find More Posts by DannyZRC
Old Aug 29, 2010, 05:00 AM
Big Extra
USA, CA, Lincoln
Joined Apr 2003
1,212 Posts
Ditto. If Hitec really wants to go head on with the 2 big dogs they are going to have to come closer to their specs. The DX8 is a pretty fast system. It will tell you you lost signal right before you hit the ground too.

How about a pro version for $100 more. I'm in.
rino is offline Find More Posts by rino
Old Aug 29, 2010, 06:37 AM
Happy2ndChildhood
London Ontario
Joined Aug 2005
1,361 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by red_z06 View Post
Ummm, how about this one?]
I hope eight year old Justin is not one of those that loses interest in the hobby as he hits his teenage years. I look forward to seeing what he is capable of in ten years when he is 16 (age adjustment due to his use of Aurora9).

Mike Mayberry, any word on if that tx tray you asked our opinion on will become available and approximately when? Want to know if I can hold off to buy one, or if I should build one during winter.
Don McGill is offline Find More Posts by Don McGill
Old Aug 29, 2010, 07:41 AM
United States, NC, Harrisburg
Joined Mar 1999
1,134 Posts
Quote:
very beautiful flying.

the aurora does many things very well, but the fundamental function of the radio, which is to relay control information, is not performed in a manner equal to it's competitors. does it perform it well enough? absolutely.

For some tasks, among it's price competitors, the A9 is the MOST fantastic radio, and for other tasks it is not.

it is what it is.

I would just rather people adopted the attitude that they can live with it's minor shortcomings, than pretending they didn't exist and denying/denigrating the varied accomplishments of the other fantastic radios out there.
Yes, you're right, it obviously performs well enough!

No, why don't you adopt MY attitude!

You're the only one "denigrating".
Hammer is online now Find More Posts by Hammer
Old Aug 29, 2010, 08:11 AM
Hitec/Multiplex USA
Poway, California, United States
Joined Sep 2000
4,177 Posts
Quote:
very beautiful flying.

it is what it is.

Except that they are only shortcomings to those that don't have the radio. For those that do, they don't play out like many try to make it. If you flew the radio you would understand... it's not all about numbers. What Aurora owners know is that the radio feels incredibly smooth and connected but more over, the other tangible things that are noticed like the ease of programming, flexibility and overall feel make it unique and sets it apart from other radios regardless of cost.

If what you believe is true then where are all the Aurora owners, including hard core heli pilots, showing remorse. It almost sounds to me like you are just trying to justify your decision to go with the DX8 which yes, has lower latency and higher resolution, but other than that has nothing on the Aurora. And why give up the 12FG? You're going from one of the best 2.4Ghz technologies to DSM2? I thought the Futaba was just as fast or faster with the HS RX's? Sure looks like you are going to be taking a step backwards?!?!? Sorry, I don't mean to bust your balls!

Mike
MikeMayberry is offline Find More Posts by MikeMayberry
Old Aug 29, 2010, 09:32 AM
OOPS
USA, GA, Cochran
Joined Jun 2008
20,114 Posts
Mike,I got you some pics of your creation..Hope you love it as much as I do...
I flew my 50cc and 30ccs with 40%er planes at the EF All Up Huck at Hodges Hobbies this weekend and had a blast!These guys were class act flyers.A9 again,performed beautifully.The pilot,however,done his best lolol
Manta1 is offline Find More Posts by Manta1
Old Aug 29, 2010, 11:01 AM
Suspended Account
Joined Sep 2009
4,831 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeMayberry View Post
Except that they are only shortcomings to those that don't have the radio. For those that do, they don't play out like many try to make it. If you flew the radio you would understand... it's not all about numbers. What Aurora owners know is that the radio feels incredibly smooth and connected but more over, the other tangible things that are noticed like the ease of programming, flexibility and overall feel make it unique and sets it apart from other radios regardless of cost.

If what you believe is true then where are all the Aurora owners, including hard core heli pilots, showing remorse. It almost sounds to me like you are just trying to justify your decision to go with the DX8 which yes, has lower latency and higher resolution, but other than that has nothing on the Aurora. And why give up the 12FG? You're going from one of the best 2.4Ghz technologies to DSM2? I thought the Futaba was just as fast or faster with the HS RX's? Sure looks like you are going to be taking a step backwards?!?!? Sorry, I don't mean to bust your balls!

Mike
I feel the way Mike does about the A-9, having come from the DX-7 and JR X9303, both of which I kept.

I "suspect" that over time, this "system" will become my only one-I'm as happy as a dead pig in the sunshine, and the "subjective" part, for me, tells me the "objective" issues don't matter (for me).
angelfood is offline Find More Posts by angelfood
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old Aug 29, 2010, 02:17 PM
Denmark, Central Denmark Region, Hadsten
Joined Jul 2010
94 Posts
Just a couple of small questions with regard to the telemetry feature:
- Is receiver signal quality available as a telemetry information (Receive Signal Strengh Indication, bit errors or simething similar)?
- Can the telemetry data be logged in either the aircraft or the transmitter for later download into a PC or is only current data visible at the transmitter?

(Sorry if these questions have already been answered. This thread is just becoming too massive to wade through.)
Tomve is offline Find More Posts by Tomve