SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Aug 06, 2010, 01:40 PM
United States, WA, Port Townsend
Joined Mar 2005
130 Posts
+5mm, but I'd like more.

The tray looks nice. I'm using the tray from Esprit. Had to move the handle clips a little.
raceskier is offline Find More Posts by raceskier
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 06, 2010, 01:45 PM
Austria
Joined Jun 2008
86 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeMayberry View Post
Try resetting the low voltage warning to custom at 4v. Some of the anomoly's I've seen stop whe resetting the warning.

Mike
Module or A9 setting?
RedBull is offline Find More Posts by RedBull
Old Aug 06, 2010, 02:07 PM
FW190
Stuarts Draft, Virginia
Joined Jun 2008
86 Posts
I seem to have lost the lever on the F switch on the left rear of my aurora 9. Anyone know of any parts to repair or will I have to send it in to Hitec for repair.
TigerI is offline Find More Posts by TigerI
Old Aug 06, 2010, 02:18 PM
Michigan's Upper Peninsula
Joined Sep 2007
728 Posts
Mike,

Re your survey on trays and sticks.

I'm a thumber set at about +2mm. I'm an e-sailplaner and I like to be very light on the sticks so I always fly with a neckstrap and balancer. I'd really like to try a tray and have looked at several.

Your image of a Hitec tray looks like it would be very good...tempting I think. Would like to see it with an over-the-shoulder harness to dristibute weight more effectively so I could fully support my hands on the tray.

By the way -- Really like my A9! Thanks for a good product.

Dave
Highride is offline Find More Posts by Highride
Old Aug 06, 2010, 02:27 PM
Hitec/Multiplex USA
Poway, California, United States
Joined Sep 2000
4,200 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedBull View Post
Module or A9 setting?
Module. Isn't that what's beeping or is it the radio?

Mike.
MikeMayberry is offline Find More Posts by MikeMayberry
Old Aug 06, 2010, 03:08 PM
Austria
Joined Jun 2008
86 Posts
Quote:

Mike.
Which voltage setting should I set, the one in the SPECTRA 2.4 upgrade section or in the Edit/Setup menue section?

Now I have the following situation:
I have the flightpack 6S on the SPC port, when plugging in the pack the A9 display shows the battery sign with the actual voltage of the pack, when unplugging the pack I get a continous beeping from the module and the A9!!!!

So I have always to shut down my A9 when changeing flightpacks!

Is there a way not getting a continous beep when unplugging the flightpack?

Thanks
Martin
Old Aug 06, 2010, 03:17 PM
Germany
Joined Jan 2010
124 Posts
Quote:

Mike.
as for me mostly the tx is doing that noise (beeping), and sometimes tx and module together.
xxrider is offline Find More Posts by xxrider
Old Aug 06, 2010, 03:20 PM
Awsome 2.5D Pilot.
Foxfire Village, NC
Joined Nov 2003
1,481 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Highride View Post
Mike,

Re your survey on trays and sticks.

I'm a thumber set at about +2mm. I'm an e-sailplaner and I like to be very light on the sticks so I always fly with a neckstrap and balancer. I'd really like to try a tray and have looked at several.

Your image of a Hitec tray looks like it would be very good...tempting I think. Would like to see it with an over-the-shoulder harness to dristibute weight more effectively so I could fully support my hands on the tray.

By the way -- Really like my A9! Thanks for a good product.

Dave
Here's a picture of my tray. I originally used a neck strap. Since this picture, I changed the transmitter attachment to a velcro arrangement and went with straight eyebolts and this harness. http://www.qualityrcproducts.com/prod_harness.html
Much easier on the neck and back.
bigbobed is offline Find More Posts by bigbobed
Old Aug 06, 2010, 03:20 PM
Austria
Joined Jun 2008
86 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by xxrider View Post
..and sometimes tx and module together.
Yes that's what it is doing!!!

But don't say that's normal that I have to shut down my A9 when unpluging the flight pack to stop the beep
Old Aug 06, 2010, 03:30 PM
Germany
Joined Jan 2010
124 Posts
Quote:
Yes that's what it is doing!!!

But don't say that's normal that I have to shut down my A9 when unpluging the flight pack to stop the beep
No, for me thats also very annoying.
There has to be a solution, at least with the next firmware upgrade... I hope so.
Old Aug 06, 2010, 03:34 PM
Austria
Joined Jun 2008
86 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by xxrider View Post
No, for me thats also very annoying.
I hope you are jokeing!!!
I can't believe that there is no solution, don't they test those things in real live?
Old Aug 06, 2010, 04:49 PM
Joined Jul 2010
13 Posts
aurora 9 fail?

hello .. I have an aurora 9 and then update the software and everything else ... pita module are always two beeps followed by a pause all this very fast ... wearing the blue and red LED flashes quickly. That's according to the manual of the receiver low battery but instead on the screen gives me a correct measure for a pack of four elements ... osea I have configured the notice 5.3 to 4.4 volts. using the hpp22. but still nothing. still whistling it as you can solve? what happens?
scrapy is offline Find More Posts by scrapy
Old Aug 06, 2010, 05:48 PM
Germany
Joined Jan 2010
124 Posts
Quote:
I hope you are jokeing!!!
I can't believe that there is no solution, don't they test those things in real live?
No, I fear there is no way. Otherwise the solution would have been posted immideately by the profs.

Also, there are many other things which are not realized yet.

A question to Mike:
What improvements are planned for V1.08 and when will it be published, can you estimate?
Last edited by xxrider; Aug 06, 2010 at 06:08 PM.
Old Aug 06, 2010, 06:51 PM
Joined Aug 2002
5,811 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by scrapy View Post
hello .. I have an aurora 9 and then update the software and everything else ... pita module are always two beeps followed by a pause all this very fast ... wearing the blue and red LED flashes quickly. That's according to the manual of the receiver low battery but instead on the screen gives me a correct measure for a pack of four elements ... osea I have configured the notice 5.3 to 4.4 volts. using the hpp22. but still nothing. still whistling it as you can solve? what happens?
Are the LED's flashing continously or only when servos are being used?
Battery pack and style in use e.g. old 4cell NiMH/NiCd?
Many 4 cell NiMH may show good volts whilst little load applied but as soon as servos are exercised will drop momentarily, long enough to trigger a warning of a bad/discharged pack. Similar problems have been reported when user has failed to save the desired battery alert setting after loading Module V2.0.
Hitec 2.4Ghz Systems Upgrade Manual refer section "SPECTRA 2.4 v2.00 Low Battery Warning (LBW) Function"
After Spectra Pro has been upgraded to V2.0, select/save the 4 & 5 cell configuration if SPC is not being used. (Aurora can adjust on screen later)

Aurora A9, Spectra Pro & Optima - FAQ & Undocumented Features - Mixes, Setups, Tips. {frequently updated]

Regards
Alan T.
Alan's Hobby, Model & RC FAQ Web Links
A.T. is offline Find More Posts by A.T.
Old Aug 06, 2010, 10:42 PM
Terra-is Firma
Prince Rupert
Joined Dec 2006
61 Posts
5mm, Pinch with a tray.
McGuiver is offline Find More Posts by McGuiver