SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Jul 25, 2010, 12:05 AM
Joined Aug 2002
5,811 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by stuka View Post
JUst got my A9 and before using in aircraft, I want to update the tx, rx and module.
Several questions/issues occur to me:.
1. Whenever I try to access and download the hpp-22 software, my antivirus program halts the hitec page from loading, due to malicious software. I use Avast antivirus.
2. Does purchase of the hpp-22 include the three cables needed for udating the rx,tx and module.
3. Does the hpp-22 need firmware upgrade as well??
4. Can upgrades be done on Win7 system?
appreciate i any input. great thread, but, its so large my attention span only lasted fthe first 45 pages!
Full details:
Hitec HPP-22 2.4GHz Programmer - Manual, FAQ - How to install & Use Instructions (with screenshots).
Aurora A9 - Helicopter Set Up -Finless Bob's Helifreak Tech Room - Review Tips and how-To Videos [the last two videos show instalation & use.]
Aurora A9, Spectra Pro & Optima - FAQ & Undocumented Features - Mixes, Setups, Tips. {Individual Links often updated}

Regards
Alan T.
Alan's Hobby, Model & RC FAQ Web Links
A.T. is offline Find More Posts by A.T.
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 25, 2010, 12:28 AM
Ride Blue
United States, WA, Sammamish
Joined Aug 2006
1,495 Posts
Got my two receiver this evening. WOohoo!
jholen is offline Find More Posts by jholen
Old Jul 25, 2010, 01:01 AM
Marshfield, Wisconsin, United States
Joined Sep 2002
1,551 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by A.T. View Post
Full details:
Hitec HPP-22 2.4GHz Programmer - Manual, FAQ - How to install & Use Instructions (with screenshots).
Aurora A9 - Helicopter Set Up -Finless Bob's Helifreak Tech Room - Review Tips and how-To Videos [the last two videos show instalation & use.]
Aurora A9, Spectra Pro & Optima - FAQ & Undocumented Features - Mixes, Setups, Tips. {Individual Links often updated}

Regards
Alan T.
Alan's Hobby, Model & RC FAQ Web Links
thanks AT. That about covers all my questions. Take care.
Any thoughts on the malicious flag I get from my antivirus program when I try to access and download the hpp-22 programs from Hitec?
stuka is offline Find More Posts by stuka
Old Jul 25, 2010, 03:57 AM
Ukraine
Joined Jun 2010
25 Posts
Question to Mike (Think it interest to all A9 owners):
Is will be future update for latency minimization?
regarg is offline Find More Posts by regarg
Old Jul 25, 2010, 07:32 AM
Joined Aug 2002
5,811 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by stuka View Post
thanks AT. That about covers all my questions. Take care.
Any thoughts on the malicious flag I get from my antivirus program when I try to access and download the hpp-22 programs from Hitec?
I use several different PC with Win 2000 Pro, XP & XP Pro and two different ISP, utilising AVG, Malwarebytes, Avast and NOD without any problems. Your system appears to be reporting a false positive..
regards
Alan.
A.T. is offline Find More Posts by A.T.
Old Jul 25, 2010, 07:53 AM
3DHS 'native'
USA, TX, Spring
Joined Jan 2008
5,929 Posts
This has been discussed in depth on here. The answer has always been no.

Quote:
Originally Posted by regarg View Post
Question to Mike (Think it interest to all A9 owners):
Is will be future update for latency minimization?
going4speed is offline Find More Posts by going4speed
Old Jul 25, 2010, 08:26 AM
OOPS
USA, GA, Cochran
Joined Jun 2008
20,170 Posts
yea wha he G4speed said!! dam..Commander Data says the amount of so called latency was acceptable to the human brian as there was no way in hell he or she could feel it anyway.
Manta1 is offline Find More Posts by Manta1
Old Jul 25, 2010, 08:26 AM
Ipoh, Perak Malaysia
Joined Jul 2006
4,011 Posts
The horse is very much alive and kicking. If there IS a way to fix this problem by firmware, then it would be better for EVERYONE if they do fix it. If only to put the question behind us once and for all. After all, I would like to know that my Hitec A9 is a good as it can get.

And, according to Jim Drew (if he can be believed, and I don't see why not in this case), the problem can be fixed by firmware, then Hitec should get off their butts to fix the darned thing.

chewy
chewytm is offline Find More Posts by chewytm
Old Jul 25, 2010, 08:54 AM
Mcminnville, Or USA
Joined Jul 2009
597 Posts
This latency drama isn't a dead horse.......its a dead cat with at least 9 lives.
It does seem that 99 percent of the people complaining that the Aurora 9 isn't fast enough...........Don't OWN A Aurora 9!

If Hitec can reduce latency say by 50 percent it would get the competitors fanboys a lot less talk about.
Of course even if you reduced the latency..........their would be the fanboy who would say.........I would give the Aurora 9 a try if it didn't have red trim on the gimbals.
zero2444 is offline Find More Posts by zero2444
Old Jul 25, 2010, 09:13 AM
CA
Joined Feb 2004
435 Posts
How did that get out from under the rug. The Hitec fanboys are busy sweeping!
canavanbob is offline Find More Posts by canavanbob
Old Jul 25, 2010, 09:18 AM
CA
Joined Feb 2004
435 Posts
My A-9 is so slow I can complete my flight, go get a cup of coffee and sit in my chair and watch my own flight.
canavanbob is offline Find More Posts by canavanbob
Old Jul 25, 2010, 09:43 AM
Ipoh, Perak Malaysia
Joined Jul 2006
4,011 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by canavanbob View Post
My A-9 is so slow I can complete my flight, go get a cup of coffee and sit in my chair and watch my own flight.
Hearty ha ha! Anyway, I had a good filight with my .56 F3A aerobat this morning with the A9 and O7. The flight went well, although tuning the JBA .56 was a real pain.

chewy
Old Jul 25, 2010, 10:37 AM
Mcminnville, Or USA
Joined Jul 2009
597 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by canavanbob View Post
Hey Bob go to your closet.
Your A9 is even slower than mine.
zero2444 is offline Find More Posts by zero2444
Old Jul 25, 2010, 11:04 AM
3DHS 'native'
USA, TX, Spring
Joined Jan 2008
5,929 Posts
What I have taken away from this discussion on latency is that its a function of board design and chip selection and cannot be rectified via firmware.

**doing CPR on a horse is a **

Quote:
Originally Posted by chewytm View Post
The horse is very much alive and kicking. If there IS a way to fix this problem by firmware, then it would be better for EVERYONE if they do fix it. If only to put the question behind us once and for all. After all, I would like to know that my Hitec A9 is a good as it can get.

And, according to Jim Drew (if he can be believed, and I don't see why not in this case), the problem can be fixed by firmware, then Hitec should get off their butts to fix the darned thing.

chewy
going4speed is offline Find More Posts by going4speed
Old Jul 25, 2010, 11:21 AM
Ipoh, Perak Malaysia
Joined Jul 2006
4,011 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by going4speed View Post
What I have taken away from this discussion on latency is that its a function of board design and chip selection and cannot be rectified via firmware.

**doing CPR on a horse is a **
In that case, if they will make a better, new, selection of components, do a redesign of the board, and come out with a better "horse", I would be willing to pay for it, and the complete bragging rights of my "better" A9.

I am sure the engineers at Hitec is at least as good as our dear Jim Drew, hmm?

chewy