perhaps he have a deadband too...
schnabelschnut is offline Find More Posts by schnabelschnut
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 24, 2010, 08:43 AM
Joined Jul 2010
3 Posts
I can now turn the problem on and off.
Can someone try it?
Just create a new modell with only 2 Ailerons and activate the Flap Con set all to 100%. Now move the servos in any position with the LS or RS and tap the trim. With my Aurora its like a old Taping Transmitter (Tippsender). By taping the Trim the Ailerons move back to strak position.
I know no one who have a Aurora so i can not test it.

Thx

Philipp
Philo90 is offline Find More Posts by Philo90
Old Jul 24, 2010, 10:48 AM
Joined Apr 2009
20 Posts
i think the a9 is my next tx. I have some verry good experiences with hitec. I use hitec servo's at all my planes. I only saw one hitec servo that was broken. and that was one that was about 5 years old.
only one question, I live in the netherlands and i buy it at an internet shop. So if my tx has some problems, how should i send it back to hitec?
eclipce is offline Find More Posts by eclipce
Old Jul 24, 2010, 11:36 AM
Suspended Account
Joined Sep 2009
4,831 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jackosmeister View Post
Udo - You obviously have a latency issue
Don't ask, don't tell!
angelfood is offline Find More Posts by angelfood
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old Jul 24, 2010, 01:11 PM
Winnipeg, Canada
Joined Jul 2006
93 Posts
Flipping Flaps

Quote:
Originally Posted by Philo90 View Post
I can now turn the problem on and off.
Can someone try it?
Just create a new modell with only 2 Ailerons and activate the Flap Con set all to 100%. Now move the servos in any position with the LS or RS and tap the trim. With my Aurora its like a old Taping Transmitter (Tippsender). By taping the Trim the Ailerons move back to strak position.
I know no one who have a Aurora so i can not test it.

Thx

Philipp
CONFIRMED.....Philipp you're right somthing strange happens with the setup you describe. Selecting Glid, 2ail and then activating flpcontrol, the ailerons flap as the trim is operated(tapped). Perhaps the control you're after would work better going about it another way. Let us know and I'll give it a try. Maybe someone else can try this phenomenon and explain it better, but it seems you're trying to do someting the tx is not happy with.
EK
ekletke is offline Find More Posts by ekletke
Old Jul 24, 2010, 04:03 PM
Joined Jul 2010
3 Posts
ohhh thanks ...
I am so happy now not being the only one!
I solved the settings I want with an other mixer, so I dont need Flap Con any more. But it works right on 1.06
I have no problem with it but hope Hitec will fix it.

Thanks Philipp
Philo90 is offline Find More Posts by Philo90
Old Jul 24, 2010, 04:08 PM
OOPS
USA, GA, Cochran
Joined Jun 2008
20,175 Posts
got my optima7 receivers today.the coupon ones..LOL,talk about great timing!Was on vacation with the fam,got home today and santa done delivered!Now can finish my 46 3dhs vyper..COOL!
Manta1 is offline Find More Posts by Manta1
Old Jul 24, 2010, 05:49 PM
Quit Chucking My Wood
USA, TX, Amarillo
Joined Dec 2003
1,263 Posts
same here, the 2 seven channels I ordered via the coupon arrived today. I ordered them the 1st or 2nd week of May.

Rich
rthorne is offline Find More Posts by rthorne
Old Jul 24, 2010, 05:51 PM
USA, CA, Pismo Beach
Joined Oct 2007
1,408 Posts
What was the latest ETA for the new 5 ch Rx's? And were they supposed to have vertical connectors instead of the horizontal?

Thx,
GW
Greywing is offline Find More Posts by Greywing
Old Jul 24, 2010, 07:59 PM
"Still Crashing since 1960"
Pierre, SD, USA
Joined Dec 2001
1,112 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeMayberry View Post
To reverse the throttle stick direction in B-fly, change the stick setting from 0% to 100%. Do this by moving the stick to the top and then tapping number setting in the center. The manual shows the set up in V1.05 and this is something that has changed in V1.06. You also have the option for linear or division. Division will enable full Crow (B-fly) at a certain point; this is also selectable in a similar way as both screens look similar.

I've been spending some time on the Glider programming lately and have a pretty solid set up for it with, Camber, Reflex and B-Fly in which all are assigned to a flight condition using the same switch that activates the mix. This allows me to use CAMBER for both trailing edge up or down (reflex/camber) by assigning it to a 3 position switch and then having on be both up and down (off in the middle.) then flight condition-2 renamed "Reflex" is on the same switch and activated in the up position (Use "S" for single so the setting is unique for this condition) and then assign Flight condition-3 renamed to "Camber" to the same switch but activated in the down position. Hopefully I haven't lost anyone yet.... Finally flight condition -4 renamed "Butterfly" to the same switch that activates B-fly mix. I think you see the theme here... this allows for individual functions that won't interact with each other because the higher the flight condition number the higher the priority. If camber is activated and I flip the B-fly switch then camber is negated. If you try to set this all up in "Normal" then activating the camber affects the servos no matter what.

I should have this set up as a download in the near future so those of you with the HPP-22 will be able to check it out yourselves... or for those of you that actually understood what I wrote can program it in for yourselves.

Mike.
Mike is this setup available?
You may have it here someplace but I am not seeing it.

nut
rcairnut is offline Find More Posts by rcairnut
Old Jul 24, 2010, 09:09 PM
Downtown Minneapolis
USA, MN, Minneapolis
Joined Feb 2009
197 Posts
Sorry for keep ranting on and on in this post but today was my first real 9 batt flying session with the new system. Wow! The Aurora 9/Optima has its own feel.

I run two identical Protos with one a 760/YGE/Scorpion, other Quark/Previous MSH Stock power/

First off I think there are some interesting things regarding latency and what not that I would like to ad my opinion too.

There is no doubt in my fingers that the Aurora/Optima combo is the most SOLID connection I have ever felt with a model. Difficult to quantify, I just felt locked to the heli in the air as I have not felt before. All my inputs were transferring just so cleanly. Difficult to describe the feeling, but 9 packs later I am just so thrilled. Perhaps its a combination of many things coming from my DX6i, gimbals, software, optima receivers. Whatever it is, I had read in the forums this "solid locked in feel" users were experiencing before, but now I get it!

On the bench is one thing, but when you are actually out at the hot flying field sitting in your lawn chair, an average day, sweating, smoking, repairing, tweaking, and talking trash with your flying buddies, I cannot tell you how pleased I am with the usability of this radio. The big buttons, huge ass backlit screen, and how the menus are laid out, allow me to do things so quickly and effortlessly. Switching this and changing that is a breeze. Using the radio in just this short period of time it is now very familiar. This thing is so completely easy to use. Finless might not have much to talk about honestly, unlike something like a DX7.

Now for that Latency thing. I think it's there. Again, not sure I could put my finger on exactly what I was feeling, but for all the hoopla about the "latency" of the radio, yes I think I could feel not a "slower" response, but lets call it say a "different" response than other radios. If thats the one measurable thing that can be felt, and people call it latency, then yes I could feel that.

Now IMO if that "different" response is the trade off for the locked in feeling I was getting, then folks, I could not be happier. I wound up dropping my Expo on cyclic to 10, from 15 on my DX6i, and raising a tad my pitch to less that 14 on collective and just over 9 on cyclic.

So today I realized that all those people who are worried about latency on this radio simply should not be! It feels wonderful to use at the field and it has a unique oneness with the model.

And for those who are still concerned about having the fastest latency radio available, not sure what to tell ya. Too many of ya can't fly worth a snot yet anyway, or have so much expo you can't feel the speed regardless. How much expo do you need to fly your models it the real determinant factor right? I think there is a correlation somewhere there. One of my flying buddies uses 30 expo on his Protos and me 10. I just think different radios speak different languages to the model, and one should not worry about any latency issues on the Aurora 9

DP from other site
iAdam is offline Find More Posts by iAdam
Old Jul 24, 2010, 10:14 PM
Joined Aug 2002
5,811 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rcairnut View Post
Mike is this setup available?
You may have it here someplace but I am not seeing it. nut
Aurora - model set up & templates Program Templates.
(If you have an HPP-22, download these files and transfer them into your Aurora. Save and share your own set ups. This way you could have more than one set of eyes look at your set up and possibly come up with other solutions).

Aurora A9, Spectra Pro & Optima - FAQ & Undocumented Features - Mixes, Setups, Tips. {Individual Links often updated}

Regards
Alan T.
Alan's Hobby, Model & RC FAQ Web Links
A.T. is offline Find More Posts by A.T.
Old Jul 24, 2010, 10:35 PM
Mcminnville, Or USA
Joined Jul 2009
597 Posts
iAdam: Thanks for the run down on your experience with the A9.
I think their are many people who would agree with your appraisal.
You made one point that never occurred to me. The fact that many people are using Expo.......which pretty much negates any differences in latency.
zero2444 is offline Find More Posts by zero2444
Old Jul 24, 2010, 11:13 PM
Sailplane Mafia
United States, SC, Summerville
Joined Jun 2001
2,169 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by zero2444 View Post
iAdam: Thanks for the run down on your experience with the A9.
I think their are many people who would agree with your appraisal.
You made one point that never occurred to me. The fact that many people are using Expo.......which pretty much negates any differences in latency.
I am unsure what you are thinking? Expo softens the throw it does not delay the movement of the servo.
gquiring is offline Find More Posts by gquiring
Old Jul 24, 2010, 11:46 PM
Marshfield, Wisconsin, United States
Joined Sep 2002
1,565 Posts
JUst got my A9 and before using in aircraft, I want to update the tx, rx and module.
Several questions/issues occur to me:.
1. Whenever I try to access and download the hpp-22 software, my antivirus program halts the hitec page from loading, due to malicious software. I use Avast antivirus.
2. Does purchase of the hpp-22 include the three cables needed for udating the rx,tx and module.
3. Does the hpp-22 need firmware upgrade as well??
4. Can upgrades be done on Win7 system?
appreciate i any input. great thread, but, its so large my attention span only lasted fthe first 45 pages!
stuka is offline Find More Posts by stuka