TigerI is offline Find More Posts by TigerI
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 21, 2010, 06:02 PM
3DHS 'native'
USA, TX, Spring
Joined Jan 2008
5,925 Posts
Your welcome.

I was tempted but love eneloops too much for their nearly zero discharge during storage characteristics.

Quote:
Originally Posted by weaser42 View Post
Thanks for the link going4speed, that 2700 mah pack sounds sweet!
going4speed is offline Find More Posts by going4speed
Old Jul 21, 2010, 07:01 PM
House of Paine
United States, AZ, Gilbert
Joined May 2007
2,177 Posts
Ahhh, I did not even notice the 2700 was NOT eneloop! Thanks again for pointing that out.
weaser42 is offline Find More Posts by weaser42
Old Jul 21, 2010, 07:14 PM
USA, MA, Woburn
Joined Oct 2008
297 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Devil_Inside View Post
I am really anxious to get the Basic Telemetry Pack w/Magnetic RPM Sensor - does anybody know where is my best bet to place an order so I can be one of the first ones to get it? Tower usually gets bigger qtys, but their prices are rather high, and the descriptions are all messed up on their site....
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeMayberry View Post

Hobby Horse would be a good source.

Mike.
Mike,they don't have the bundle listed on their website so I can't pre-order it. I can call them tomorrow to see if I can place a phone order, but what about the other "usual suspects" - Todd's Models, Common Scence, Tom's RC, etc? Are any of them getting the sensors from the first shipment? Any tips would be appreciated
Devil_Inside is offline Find More Posts by Devil_Inside
Old Jul 21, 2010, 07:21 PM
Mcminnville, Or USA
Joined Jul 2009
597 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Devil_Inside View Post
Mike,they don't have the bundle listed on their website so I can't pre-order it. I can call them tomorrow to see if I can place a phone order, but what about the other "usual suspects" - Todd's Models, Common Scence, Tom's RC, etc? Are any of them getting the sensors from the first shipment? Any tips would be appreciated
Hey aren't their laws governing insider info, or does that just apply to wallstreet.
zero2444 is offline Find More Posts by zero2444
Old Jul 21, 2010, 07:22 PM
Joined Jun 2007
34 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGreatBoo View Post
Hmm, I have checked the manual on the charger and I might have scared you needlessly. The auto charge is perhaps not a 120mA trickle charge as I thought (though I have only seen it charge by that current...) From my charger manual "... The EOS 1210i charges NiCd and NiMH in Auto Mode based on an intelligent algorithm which maximizes performance and minimizes charge time. " perhaps the "intelligent algorithm" got freaked out somehow by the diode and did something unexpected... I will charge the battery tonight (outside of the Tx ) with the same Auto setting and check the current more thoroughly.

And this protection diode, where is it located on the PCB. Perhaps it is burnt out too. In that case I would like to replace it, so if somebody knows the specs for it please let me know...
Battery test charged, max current during charge was 650mA, and for quite some time I have been charging it so for months!! No wonder it finally broke down. Sorry to scare you guys, but I really thought I had been charging at 120mA...

Well, be that as it may. A new capacitor is ordered, I will solder it on and hope for the best. If it does not do the trick I will have to decide if I replace the DC/DC too or just send it in. I really miss my Aurora
TheGreatBoo is offline Find More Posts by TheGreatBoo
Old Jul 21, 2010, 07:50 PM
Mcminnville, Or USA
Joined Jul 2009
597 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGreatBoo View Post
Battery test charged, max current during charge was 650mA, and for quite some time I have been charging it so for months!! No wonder it finally broke down. Sorry to scare you guys, but I really thought I had been charging at 120mA...

Well, be that as it may. A new capacitor is ordered, I will solder it on and hope for the best. If it does not do the trick I will have to decide if I replace the DC/DC too or just send it in. I really miss my Aurora
Thanks for the update, Ive been charging my A9 at 22 to 120mah depending on how long I want to spend charging.

650mah outside the tx should be ok. Charging at that rate through a diode obviously is too much.
nimh's don't like over charging.......so as long as your charger is accurate enough to cutoff when the pack is peaked and not continue on till the pack gets too hot.
zero2444 is offline Find More Posts by zero2444
Old Jul 21, 2010, 08:11 PM
USA, MA, Woburn
Joined Oct 2008
297 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by zero2444 View Post
Hey aren't their laws governing insider info, or does that just apply to wallstreet.
It is pretty much for wall street. We are not talking stocks and bonds here...
Devil_Inside is offline Find More Posts by Devil_Inside
Old Jul 22, 2010, 12:10 AM
USA, CO, Longmont
Joined May 2010
768 Posts
MikeMayberry,

I have a glitch problem on my 30cc Gas 3DHS Slick, here is the link to my original post in the 3DHS 70" Slick thread.

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showt...02219&page=594

It's all Hitech equipment (RX, TX and servos), any idea what the issue may be? Rx,TX or just Servo? I think it is just two bad HS985MG's... What do you think?

here is the video of the glitch:

In the video below I never touched the aileron stick, at 0:10 you can see the first glitch. Some of it is vibration but you can see several glitches. It's worse at times and of course when tape is rolling it won't do it much. it's hard to see in the video but moves 1/8 to 1/4 inch each time.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UuzXb67foko

Thanks
Mike
3D*Flyer is offline Find More Posts by 3D*Flyer
Old Jul 22, 2010, 01:56 AM
We come in peace.
Canada, BC, Penticton
Joined Feb 2003
1,760 Posts
Have you tried isolating the rx. from vibration? Can you run it while holding the rx. in your hand?
Synth is offline Find More Posts by Synth
Old Jul 22, 2010, 07:35 AM
USA, CO, Longmont
Joined May 2010
768 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Synth View Post
Have you tried isolating the rx. from vibration? Can you run it while holding the rx. in your hand?
We tried that an no difference, it's only on the Ailerons. Also moved the ailerons to the elevator and rudder and the ailerons still glitched. Wiggled the cables all around checking for a bad connection also. Does not look to be the RX - trying to get some ideas as, I'm at the point of starting to replace stuff one by one.

Anyone had any issue with HS985MG servos?

Mike
3D*Flyer is offline Find More Posts by 3D*Flyer
Old Jul 22, 2010, 09:26 AM
Big Extra
USA, CA, Lincoln
Joined Apr 2003
1,212 Posts
Mike Mayberry,

That's very similar to the problem I had only on the elevator and rudder. Mine was a little more severe.

3D, don't bang your head against the wall. It's the TX.

Steve

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3D*Flyer View Post
We tried that an no difference, it's only on the Ailerons. Also moved the ailerons to the elevator and rudder and the ailerons still glitched. Wiggled the cables all around checking for a bad connection also. Does not look to be the RX - trying to get some ideas as, I'm at the point of starting to replace stuff one by one.

Mike
rino is offline Find More Posts by rino
Old Jul 22, 2010, 10:16 AM
Happy2ndChildhood
London Ontario
Joined Aug 2005
1,361 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3D*Flyer View Post

Mike
Aileron servo wires often cose to battery or esc power wires. They should not run beside power wires, if close, cross over at 90 degrees. Possible cause if not previously mentioned.

Edit: Ah, now that I am at laptop, I saw video and realize not everybody flies electric, I get a narrow view when set to 100 posts per page and view and post from my cellphone screen on a 10 minute break.
Don McGill is offline Find More Posts by Don McGill
Last edited by Don McGill; Jul 22, 2010 at 02:51 PM.
Old Jul 22, 2010, 10:18 AM
Joined Apr 2008
8 Posts
Picked up an Aurora 9 on an impulse buy. Thought it was a good deal from current DX-7. I recently lost a Goldberg Bipe due to a complete lockout with dx-7 and AR-6200.

I bought a R921 and 2 remote receivers for my 50cc plane I'm building (first large scale) but I'm still shaky from my previous loss. People have said I should be fine with the DX-7 now that I got the R921 etc, which I'm probably sure I'll be fine too but went ahead and got the Aurora anyways.

$453 for TX, 9ch RX, 7ch RX and the Hpp programmer was hard to beat

Looks like I got a LOT of reading to do haha.

The plane that was lost, discontinued Goldberg kit, hand built 10 years ago by a fellow flyer. Was a blast to fly for the few flights I had on it. Darn you Spektrum.
n19htmare is offline Find More Posts by n19htmare
Last edited by n19htmare; Jul 22, 2010 at 10:23 AM.
Old Jul 22, 2010, 10:27 AM
Suspended Account
Joined Sep 2009
4,831 Posts
Well, I've used a DX-7 and JRX9303 for several years with great success and no problems, BUT my A9 is an absolute joy, and far more advanced!

I'm sure it was hard for Hitec to sit back and watch, but I think it proved a smart strategy.
angelfood is offline Find More Posts by angelfood
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)