SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Jul 16, 2010, 06:27 PM
Not your average DiggsyBear
Raleigh, NC
Joined Dec 2006
8,859 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rino View Post
The latest A9 are coming with shorter sticks. I liked the previous lengths much better."
Really? They modified this on the newer Auroras? Why?

Diggs
Diggs is offline Find More Posts by Diggs
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 16, 2010, 06:29 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Sep 2009
4,831 Posts
Mine has "short" sticks but they are easily extended: I like them.
angelfood is offline Find More Posts by angelfood
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old Jul 16, 2010, 06:42 PM
Mcminnville, Or USA
Joined Jul 2009
597 Posts
What are the differences between the old sticks and the new sticks.
The length of the metal part on my sticks are 1 inch exactly.
Which seems about right for me.
zero2444 is offline Find More Posts by zero2444
Old Jul 16, 2010, 06:43 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Sep 2009
4,831 Posts
I have no idea, but yours sound like mine-to extend them, you merely unscrew them, and then turn a set screw thingy.
angelfood is offline Find More Posts by angelfood
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old Jul 16, 2010, 06:49 PM
Mcminnville, Or USA
Joined Jul 2009
597 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by angelfood View Post
I have no idea, but yours sound like mine-to extend them, you merely unscrew them, and then turn a set screw thingy.
Your sticks are 1 inch too.
My A9 sticks are shorter than my Futaba tx. I had to take the tips off the Futaba, they were too long.
Old Jul 16, 2010, 08:05 PM
Downtown Minneapolis
USA, MN, Minneapolis
Joined Feb 2009
197 Posts
Wow this radio is AWESOME!!!

Well folks, after moving up from my trusty DX6i's I must say that this is one heck of a fine radio. The programming makes this thing actually fun to use! Only wish wasthat the back button was a bit bigger, and the switches have a weak feel with some side to side action, but Those are my only complaints!

Should have a model in the air my next weekend, waiting for Finless to detail some helis setup, which could ust some expansion. But I have a question.

What point in the transmitter voltage do you stop flying in terms of percent? I am giving the stock battery a good shot. Charged for 20 hrs before turning on, and currently cycling battery down a few times before flying with it. Do you stop flying at 20%? more? even less?

Thanks folks, awesome radio, feels and works just so well.
iAdam is offline Find More Posts by iAdam
Old Jul 16, 2010, 08:17 PM
Mcminnville, Or USA
Joined Jul 2009
597 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by iAdam View Post
What point in the transmitter voltage do you stop flying in terms of percent? I am giving the stock battery a good shot. Charged for 20 hrs before turning on, and currently cycling battery down a few times before flying with it. Do you stop flying at 20%? more? even less?

If you set the back light to go off at 10 seconds it really extends the battery time.
Cycling the battery was a good idea.
I am getting four plus hours per charge.
If you look at the battery meter there is a line. I cutoff at that line whatever percentage that is.
The touch screen and programming is brilliant on this radio.
Old Jul 16, 2010, 08:17 PM
3DHS 'native'
USA, TX, Spring
Joined Jan 2008
5,929 Posts
I charge at 70% There is a bar on the graph that shows the recommended low end of the charge state I believe.

Quote:
Originally Posted by iAdam View Post
Well folks, after moving up from my trusty DX6i's I must say that this is one heck of a fine radio. The programming makes this thing actually fun to use! Only wish wasthat the back button was a bit bigger, and the switches have a weak feel with some side to side action, but Those are my only complaints!

Should have a model in the air my next weekend, waiting for Finless to detail some helis setup, which could ust some expansion. But I have a question.

going4speed is offline Find More Posts by going4speed
Old Jul 16, 2010, 09:42 PM
-S-
Just one more..... Just one...
United States, TX, Henderson
Joined Jan 2010
1,274 Posts
Spektrum eliminated!

Woo Hoo!

Thanks to some good folks here I'm up and running but still waiting on my warranty battery.

I have the simple planes converted fine, not playing with fancy stuff till I understand the basics.

QUESTION - Now that I have the capability of putting the Aileron servos on separate channels, Other than for Flaps is there a good reason or is it preferred to still use the "Y" cable.

I can't think of any reason to need the extra channel right now I have 3 more than I ever did before!

I think flaps would be cool, and as easy as the set up has been so far (Only had to RTFM once) I'd imagine I can figure it out.

Anyway, I my name is -S- and I was a Spectraholic, I have not flown DSM2 in 6 days

Woo Hoo! -S-
-S- is offline Find More Posts by -S-
Old Jul 16, 2010, 09:53 PM
OOPS
USA, GA, Cochran
Joined Jun 2008
20,170 Posts
he said RTFM!!!! pass S tha jar!! you a mechanic?
Manta1 is offline Find More Posts by Manta1
Old Jul 16, 2010, 09:54 PM
3DHS 'native'
USA, TX, Spring
Joined Jan 2008
5,929 Posts
what is the reason the radio has to ask if we want to transmit? I thought it was posted on here before but I dont remember.
going4speed is offline Find More Posts by going4speed
Old Jul 16, 2010, 09:58 PM
Raleigh, NC
Joined Dec 2006
8,859 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by -S- View Post
Woo Hoo!

Thanks to some good folks here I'm up and running but still waiting on my warranty battery.

I have the simple planes converted fine, not playing with fancy stuff till I understand the basics.

QUESTION - Now that I have the capability of putting the Aileron servos on separate channels, Other than for Flaps is there a good reason or is it preferred to still use the "Y" cable.

I can't think of any reason to need the extra channel right now I have 3 more than I ever did before!

I think flaps would be cool, and as easy as the set up has been so far (Only had to RTFM once) I'd imagine I can figure it out.

Anyway, I my name is -S- and I was a Spectraholic, I have not flown DSM2 in 6 days

Woo Hoo! -S-
The advantage of using separate channels for ailerons is being able to subtrim each one independently. And, you don't have to make or purchase a Y-cable It also makes it easier to reverse just one servo if needed. Not normally needed, but in some models the position of the servo is determined by the mounting position, like in some glider wings. Using a Y cable makes it impossible to use the TX to reverse just one servo.

Other than that, I see no problems with the Y.

Diggs
Old Jul 16, 2010, 09:59 PM
Raleigh, NC
Joined Dec 2006
8,859 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by going4speed View Post
what is the reason the radio has to ask if we want to transmit? I thought it was posted on here before but I dont remember.
I believe the purpose for this is to help prevent flying with the wrong model selected. It forces you to look at the TX after powering up to confirm which model is selected.

Diggs
Old Jul 16, 2010, 10:05 PM
-S-
Just one more..... Just one...
United States, TX, Henderson
Joined Jan 2010
1,274 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Manta1 View Post
he said RTFM!!!! pass S tha jar!! you a mechanic?
OOPs, yup I did sorry habit... I Used to be one "back in the day" and I got sick of getting dirty so I moved into computers
-S- is offline Find More Posts by -S-
Old Jul 16, 2010, 10:06 PM
OOPS
USA, GA, Cochran
Joined Jun 2008
20,170 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by -S- View Post
OOPs, yup I did sorry habit... I Used to be one "back in the day" and I got sick of getting dirty so I moved into computers
I knew it,thats auto tech lingo..rtfm..lolol i need to get out of this bus too.it has destroyed my hip.
Manta1 is offline Find More Posts by Manta1