HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jun 27, 2010, 09:29 AM
3DHS 'native'
USA, TX, Spring
Joined Jan 2008
5,900 Posts
Nice! Where can we get stickers like that?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeMayberry View Post
I'll look into it a little more to see if I can come up with a solution. Note that any and all known issues as well as improvements to some of the programming, especially in the sailplane menu will be addressed in V1.08. User input on this is encouraged so we can make the Aurora even more refined.

Hey Guys,

check out some of the pictures of the Huckfest here including more shots of the new Hitec 3DHS Extra that made the cover. http://www.flyinggiants.com/forums/s...20#post1187071 One of the cool things they were doing was "Hover Bowling." I told Brandon I didn't want him to do it with the Extra so he took his Funjet out and crashed into them at full speed! It was pretty funny. There's a pic of the battery that came out of it which will give you an idea how the FunJet faired... let's just say that it probably could have gone back together but there were just too many parts this time to try and repair it!

How about this one?

Mike
going4speed is offline Find More Posts by going4speed
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 27, 2010, 11:06 AM
BlueGrass Rules
United States, IL, Dahlgren
Joined Nov 2003
1,097 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mando View Post
I'm missing something and need some help fellas.
I've started to convert my "wings" and like to have them set up with 3 flight conditions. Normal-for low to mid speed flying, Flt.cond 2-for high speed flying, and Flt.cond 3-for launching. Each Flt.cond position will have differant trim settings for the elevon's position. I'm having no trouble with differant settings for expo and rates for each condition....but when I switch from normal cond.to cond. 2 or 3 I get no servo movement. It will let me change the trim settings in each of the switch settings, but only will react in normal mode. Also noticed in monitor screen, I get movement in normal position, but not in position 2 or 3.
Something simple I'm sure???
After fiddle'n with it off and on all week, I finnally figured it out. For some reason there were no values set in the Elevon window. Then after setting all of the many "C" and "S" trim apts for "S", I got the separate trims I wanted for the 3 differant flight conditions I wanted

Mando........
mando is offline Find More Posts by mando
Old Jun 27, 2010, 11:12 AM
BlueGrass Rules
United States, IL, Dahlgren
Joined Nov 2003
1,097 Posts
Quote:
Nice! Where can we get stickers like that?
Here's where I've been gett'n my graffix,

http://www.badbradgraphics.com/
mando is offline Find More Posts by mando
Old Jun 27, 2010, 12:06 PM
Big Extra
USA, CA, Lincoln
Joined Apr 2003
1,212 Posts
Bad brad rocks. He did my 50cc Extra.
rino is offline Find More Posts by rino
Old Jun 27, 2010, 12:49 PM
Kenny- Really!
USA, CA, Cathedral City
Joined Jul 2007
809 Posts
Quote:
I'll look into it a little more to see if I can come up with a solution. Note that any and all known issues as well as improvements to some of the programming, especially in the sailplane menu will be addressed in V1.08. User input on this is encouraged so we can make the Aurora even more refined.

Mike
Appreciated-
exciter900rr is offline Find More Posts by exciter900rr
Old Jun 27, 2010, 02:53 PM
Mcminnville, Or USA
Joined Jul 2009
597 Posts
I tried to find this in the forum but couldn't. I know its been discussed.
How do you freeze the touch screen.?

Never mind I figured it out............I forgot you have to turn this feature on in Power Management.

One thing I have noticed........the touch screen works very well with the eraser end of a pencil for navigating the screen.
The eraser allows very positive contact with very little pressure.
Also my Optima 7 receivers are working very well with a very quick solid bind.
zero2444 is offline Find More Posts by zero2444
Last edited by zero2444; Jun 27, 2010 at 03:07 PM.
Old Jun 27, 2010, 07:19 PM
United States, NC
Joined Sep 2001
28 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by exciter900rr View Post
MIKE

Can you hook a brotha up?

Servo speed reduced @master channel, Slave channel (mix) still runs full speed-
Why? Fix?

ex. Flaps slowed down to a more scale speed. ele mixed for pitch stability, however full mix is applied @ normal speed as the flaps still are descending. = pitch down on application of flaps due to the mix (slave) not being applied at the same rate as the flap channel. (master)
I have run into this also. I've got flaps on my TF Cessna 182. I have the flaps dropping slowly, and I want some down elevator mix on full flaps. In "Flap Control" my elevator adjustment has no affect on the elevator channel, other than a slight glitch when I bring the flaps back up. IOW, the elevator doesn't move when I apply any elevator value, in the "flap control" setup. What I've had to do is use a pmix, flap to elevator, to give me a little down elevator, when I'm at full flaps. The trouble is the elevator moves quickly, before the flaps get down. Any ideas???
rc4j is offline Find More Posts by rc4j
Old Jun 27, 2010, 08:43 PM
Hitec/Multiplex USA
Poway, California, United States
Joined Sep 2000
4,173 Posts
Try the Airbrake function as it has a speed setting so you shouldn't have to use the servo speed function. You could however slow the flaps down more than the elevator.If you want to do this, I would assign a flight condition using the same switch as you use for airbrake if you only want slow flaps for this mode.

There's also the ACC feature which should slow the slave channel. I'd also use a point curve P-mix (6,7,8) which may help too.

Mike.
MikeMayberry is online now Find More Posts by MikeMayberry
Old Jun 27, 2010, 08:51 PM
United States, NC
Joined Sep 2001
28 Posts
flaps

thanks Mike, I'll play with it some more.
rc4j is offline Find More Posts by rc4j
Old Jun 27, 2010, 08:57 PM
Kenny- Really!
USA, CA, Cathedral City
Joined Jul 2007
809 Posts
Quote:
Try the Airbrake function as it has a speed setting so you shouldn't have to use the servo speed function. You could however slow the flaps down more than the elevator.If you want to do this, I would assign a flight condition using the same switch as you use for airbrake if you only want slow flaps for this mode.

There's also the ACC feature which should slow the slave channel. I'd also use a point curve P-mix (6,7,8) which may help too.

Mike.
Ditto on the trying it out, and the thanks!
exciter900rr is offline Find More Posts by exciter900rr
Old Jun 27, 2010, 09:01 PM
Big Extra
USA, CA, Lincoln
Joined Apr 2003
1,212 Posts
Hey guys, I asked earlier what the possibilites were for a buddy box for the A9 to use with my kids. However, does anyone have a recommendation on the cheapest easiest way to go for a buddy box. I don't want to do a bunch of research. I just need a tx that will plug right in and work.
rino is offline Find More Posts by rino
Old Jun 27, 2010, 10:04 PM
Joined Dec 2006
1,170 Posts
Mike,

I'm trying to program my first heli, a 450 electric and need to know how to limit the travel on throttle/collective for all 3 servos at the same time? I know it's probably easy for an old pro but this is my first heli in 13 years. Thanks for the help.
GhostRider32 is offline Find More Posts by GhostRider32
Old Jun 27, 2010, 10:09 PM
Joined Aug 2002
5,692 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rino View Post
Hey guys, I asked earlier what the possibilites were for a buddy box for the A9 to use with my kids. However, does anyone have a recommendation on the cheapest easiest way to go for a buddy box. I don't want to do a bunch of research. I just need a tx that will plug right in and work.
Optic 6 - more advanced than the Sport. Whilst the cheaper Laser and Focus series work well, they are good for basic trainers only. Most users of an Aurora incorporate mixes which require the features of a computerised 6 or 7ch Tx. Both Eclipse & Optic 6 can be used for with many Glider & Heli features also.
Hitec Optic6 & Sport Tutorial & Comparison Charts

Aurora: Trainer / Buddy system Master & Slave function Set-up.

Regards
Alan T.
Alan's Hobby, Model & RC FAQ Web Links
A.T. is offline Find More Posts by A.T.
Old Jun 27, 2010, 10:17 PM
Joined Aug 2002
5,692 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by GhostRider32 View Post
Mike, I'm trying to program my first heli, a 450 electric and need to know how to limit the travel on throttle/collective for all 3 servos at the same time? I know it's probably easy for an old pro but this is my first heli in 13 years. Thanks for the help.
No electronic limiter as yet, future update on wish list.
The following will assist your set up:
The Two Rules for Cyclic Servo Set-Up
Aurora A9 - Helicopter Set Up - Finless Bob's Helifreak Tech Room - Review Tips and how-To Videos
Aurora A9 - Heli Swash (Cyclic) Ring to be included in a future Firmware Update.
Aurora A9 - Gyro Set-up - How to interpret numbers & modes on screen.
Aurora A9 - Gyro Heading Hold etc set up 450 Heli - a.
Aurora A9 - Gyro set up 450 Heli - b.
more at
Aurora A9, Spectra Pro & Optima - FAQ & Undocumented Features - Mixes, Setups, Tips. {Individual Links often updated}

Regards
Alan T.
Alan's Hobby, Model & RC FAQ Web Links
A.T. is offline Find More Posts by A.T.
Old Jun 27, 2010, 10:29 PM
Joined Dec 2006
1,170 Posts
Thanks AT.
GhostRider32 is offline Find More Posts by GhostRider32