HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jun 09, 2010, 02:52 PM
Joined Dec 2007
12 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jh2rc97 View Post
Did your problem start after updating the firmware?
i don't update the firmware,where is the firm ?

fred
fred11 is offline Find More Posts by fred11
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 09, 2010, 04:02 PM
Granada, Spain
Joined Jun 2004
63 Posts
two receiver operating simultaneously: is this possible witht the aurora 9

Hi all,

I need to go back to a question that was posted some months ago in this thread, but that had no clear answer.

Is it possible to operate two receivers simultaneously with a aurora 9 Tx? This is necessary in some competitions (f5b, for instance), for the throttle monitoring units, which are drived by a second receiver.

I know that with the Jeti Duplex system, this is possible by configuring one of the receivers as the master one, and the other as a slave. Is there some similar system for the aurora 9 radio?

Thanks for your help

Rafa
rjimenez is offline Find More Posts by rjimenez
Old Jun 09, 2010, 04:49 PM
Parkcityflier
Park City, UT, USA
Joined Aug 2001
1,740 Posts
Greg, were you using the SPC port? Just wondering if your receiver had a brown out.
parkcityskier is offline Find More Posts by parkcityskier
Old Jun 09, 2010, 05:15 PM
What Tree
Burnaby B.C. Canada
Joined Apr 2002
366 Posts
Hello Mike, any more news on the receivers that are coming in this week.
GUYZER1111 is offline Find More Posts by GUYZER1111
Old Jun 09, 2010, 05:26 PM
Big Extra
USA, CA, Lincoln
Joined Apr 2003
1,213 Posts
www.toddsmodels.com has the Aurora 9 and 7 channel rx for 365.00. That's pretty good. I paid more than that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigster View Post
Except when I bought it from you for $369?
rino is offline Find More Posts by rino
Old Jun 09, 2010, 06:01 PM
Port Augusta, Sth Australia
Joined Aug 2006
16 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by parkcityskier View Post
Greg, were you using the SPC port? Just wondering if your receiver had a brown out.

LOL..sorry, tried to include all info and left the important bit out

Mustang was powered by a 2 cell LiPo through an 8 amp regulator. This regulator has 2 inputs and 2 outputs. Only using 1 input but I had both outputs being used. 1 into the SPC and the other in the battery port for the servos.

I hope someone has an answer, engine in the 'Stang is a Saito FG14 petrol jobbie, and it cost more than the radio. It survived, but really wary about risking it again in my soon to be completed Zero

Also, if it was a brown out, then it should have reconnected once the voltage level bounced back, but I had no control till after the rx and tx were both restarted. (I did confirm, it is in normal mode not scan)

Greg
gregq is offline Find More Posts by gregq
Old Jun 09, 2010, 06:12 PM
Big Extra
USA, CA, Lincoln
Joined Apr 2003
1,213 Posts
If the red light stayed on and the servos were not responsive I wonder if your power lead into the servo part of the rx was faulty? The other possibility would be if you had say a land gear servo binding and pulling down the regulator but it doesn't sound like that.

Either way, if the rx still works it's going to be hard to figure out. It could easily be a intermittent power issue instead of an rx problem but it will be hard to prove. You might power up the system and wiggle some wires and see if you can get a disruption.

I would replace that end of the system. See if Hitec will warranty exchange the rx. Do the same for the regulator, get a new lipo and chuck the old leads. It's worth the peace of mind for an expensive plane.
rino is offline Find More Posts by rino
Old Jun 09, 2010, 06:33 PM
Dallas, TX
Joined Jan 2005
2,169 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by fred11 View Post
i don't update the firmware,where is the firm ?

fred
Fred,
the firmware I am refering to is on the transmitter. When I updated from 1.05 to 1.06 I did see some issues with the configured model in the butterfly configuration menu. After clearing out the model and starting over all seems good.

Alan
jh2rc97 is offline Find More Posts by jh2rc97
Old Jun 09, 2010, 06:38 PM
Dallas, TX
Joined Jan 2005
2,169 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by gregq View Post
LOL..sorry, tried to include all info and left the important bit out

Mustang was powered by a 2 cell LiPo through an 8 amp regulator. This regulator has 2 inputs and 2 outputs. Only using 1 input but I had both outputs being used. 1 into the SPC and the other in the battery port for the servos.

I hope someone has an answer, engine in the 'Stang is a Saito FG14 petrol jobbie, and it cost more than the radio. It survived, but really wary about risking it again in my soon to be completed Zero

Also, if it was a brown out, then it should have reconnected once the voltage level bounced back, but I had no control till after the rx and tx were both restarted. (I did confirm, it is in normal mode not scan)

Greg
Greg,
Since you are using a 2s LiPo I would run that directly into the SPC port and not through the regulator. For the servo power you would still need to run it through the regulator. You may have an issue with the regulator but it does sound like the rx is where the issue is. Also if you use a 2s A123 pack you could get rid of the regulator all together.

Alan
jh2rc97 is offline Find More Posts by jh2rc97
Old Jun 09, 2010, 07:07 PM
Port Augusta, Sth Australia
Joined Aug 2006
16 Posts
Yeah, am almost finished building a test bed to try everything in. I will be running the lipo straight into the SPC this time. Discovered that option while wading through this thread

I have checked the leads and regulator and they all appear ok. Nothing loose and plenty of power. I agree a retract servo may have stalled. but its a bit hard to test for that with the model in a gazillion pieces.

I have spare regulators, so will be using a different one in the test bed, while the "suspect" is relegated to bench duty for extensive testing

Greg
gregq is offline Find More Posts by gregq
Old Jun 09, 2010, 07:53 PM
Mcminnville, Or USA
Joined Jul 2009
597 Posts
Doehillflyer: The last I heard on the 1.07 update is Hitec is still beta testing it.......including testing it on Mikes tx.
I wouldn't hold your breath.......but I suspect it will be available in a couple more weeks, give or take.
I dont even have the interface to connect to my computer yet.
zero2444 is offline Find More Posts by zero2444
Old Jun 09, 2010, 08:32 PM
Sailplane Mafia
United States, SC, Summerville
Joined Jun 2001
2,169 Posts
What's the current status with the coupon RX's? I still have not seen mine and I checked my credit card and nothing has been charged for the 2nd one.
gquiring is offline Find More Posts by gquiring
Old Jun 09, 2010, 08:34 PM
Kenny- Really!
USA, CA, Cathedral City
Joined Jul 2007
809 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by gquiring View Post
What's the current status with the coupon RX's? I still have not seen mine and I checked my credit card and nothing has been charged for the 2nd one.
I'm in the same boat- Patiently, in the same boat....
exciter900rr is offline Find More Posts by exciter900rr
Old Jun 09, 2010, 11:40 PM
Well, now that you know ...
Grafton, Massachusetts, United States
Joined Sep 2004
5,822 Posts
Many of us in this boat. I think Mike said the backorder would get cleared this week.
Bigster is online now Find More Posts by Bigster
Old Jun 10, 2010, 01:03 AM
Joined Aug 2002
5,811 Posts
Good news. The Optima 7 receivers have finally arrived - Brendan Lugo
No doubt USA team are now busy packing & shipping back orders to all who have been waiting patiently or otherwise...

Regards
Alan T.
A.T. is offline Find More Posts by A.T.