SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old May 25, 2009, 10:37 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Jun 2008
125 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by pda4you
Most of the 2.4ghz systems RX's are able to handle 2s.

Mike

Most ??

You must call Futaba and ask them. For PPM radios I am agrre but not for 2.4 systems ok ?
Andika is offline Find More Posts by Andika
to remove ads between posts
Old May 25, 2009, 11:35 PM
Romania, Dolj, Craiova
Joined Sep 2007
15,480 Posts
Consider to use A123 (LiFePo4) elements instead. They outputs 3.3V instead, so 6.6V for 2s.
Mike confirmed that all *current* Rxes and servos are able to handle this voltage.
renatoa is offline Find More Posts by renatoa
Old May 26, 2009, 08:57 AM
USA, TX, Trophy Club
Joined May 2002
14,521 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andika
Most ??

You must call Futaba and ask them. For PPM radios I am agrre but not for 2.4 systems ok ?
You are right the good systems do..... Spektrum for one... I edited my post.

Can I ask - do you work for Futaba? Just can't figure out why you bash Hitec in every thread on the Aurora?

I must be honest - I am a loyal Spektrum guy - but this Hitec system looks fantastic. If you want to buy Futaba - please do. But please, why inject such harsh criticism on a system you have never seen, touched or used?

I am pretty confidient Hitec's 2.4GHz RX's will support 2s lipoly direct too. We shall see .

Mike
pda4you is online now Find More Posts by pda4you
RCG Plus Member
Old May 26, 2009, 10:43 AM View Post
Andika
A moderator felt this post violated the following rule: Cross-posting. It is temporarily hidden while Andika edits it. Show it to me anyway.
Old May 26, 2009, 10:55 AM
USA, TX, Trophy Club
Joined May 2002
14,521 Posts
Do you work for Futaba? Please answer this question.

You come on the forums - have 25 posts and most of them critical.

So do you work for Futaba - yes or no?

Mike
pda4you is online now Find More Posts by pda4you
RCG Plus Member
Old May 26, 2009, 10:58 AM
F3B
Warwickshire, England
Joined Sep 2006
5,544 Posts
you're not seriously claiming futaba offers great flexibility. i fly only sailplanes, I wouldn't touch any futaba less than a 12fg with a barge pole for complex gliders (well complex for a futaba transmitter or user).

futaba = poo-taba
satinet is offline Find More Posts by satinet
Old May 26, 2009, 10:58 AM
Promoting Model Aviation...
United States, CA, Tehachapi
Joined Nov 2005
25,473 Posts
If he does, he's not being a very good representative. I hope he isn't for their sake.

Good products typically speak for themselves. Bad-mouthing competitors' products is not a good sign.

Frank
Murocflyer is online now Find More Posts by Murocflyer
Old May 26, 2009, 03:44 PM
LAN
Sweden, Östergötland, Valdemarsvik
Joined Oct 2003
457 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andika
I intend to criticize the mistakes of the Aurora9 so that people are happy with the new radio at home.
Would you like to spend 500 bucks for a radio with several BUGS, defects or without your favorite function for your models ?
Andika, could you give it a rest please? You cannot say there are "mistakes" in a radio you have never seen, and you cannot say it has bugs or defects until it has been properly tested - this is getting ridiculous. And if it does not have a specific function you need, then just don't buy it! Most people here would say the same even if we were talking about a cheap Turnigy radio, it has nothing to do with Hitec.

/Leif
LAN is offline Find More Posts by LAN
Old May 26, 2009, 11:54 PM
Hitec/Multiplex USA
Poway, California, United States
Joined Sep 2000
4,200 Posts
I was planning on adding the Airtronic 10 to the comp chart but could find no reliable info at the time. I will add it as it becomes available. The Airtronics radio is nice and I'm sure they'll sell quite a few at that price point.

I feel strongly though, that the Auroras biggest advantage is how straight forward it is to program via the touch screen and large icon interface. This is the key thing that will set this radio apart from other systems regardless of their feature list. Once you play with it you'll know.

Be aware that this forum is not the true Hitec customer service avenue; it's a bonus... treat it as such. If you want answers right away then you can call us during normal business hours. Sometimes things get a little crazy at the office and I can't get here to answer all the questions. Recently I've answered some questions from home (ON MY TIME!) just to try to help. If I didn't answers yours... Sorry!

Andika- Your statement that you "intend to criticize the mistakes" is completely inappropriate! How many Futaba reps have you seen here that will give you info prior to a products release? ZERO!!!!

You have 25 posts here (many of which are negative)... I have almost 100 times that amount and have arguably been the best, most open, rep on this and other similar forums for the past 10+ years.

I would kindly ask you to reserve your negative comments in this thread about a product that has yet to be released in which you do not know everything about. If there are features missing they may very well be added prior to the radios release.

Geeez!!!!

Now... let's stay on topic please!

Mike
MikeMayberry is offline Find More Posts by MikeMayberry
Last edited by MikeMayberry; May 27, 2009 at 12:04 AM.
Old May 27, 2009, 04:21 AM
F3B
Warwickshire, England
Joined Sep 2006
5,544 Posts
well said.

I would consider the aurora 9 as a back up trannie for flying DLGs and stuff. The mighty old profi 4000 isn't the DLG flyer's dream to be honest!

Looks like a good product.

I am still stunned by claims about futaba flexibility and assignability of channels etc. LOL.
satinet is offline Find More Posts by satinet
Old May 28, 2009, 09:51 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Jun 2008
125 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeMayberry

Andika- Your statement that you "intend to criticize the mistakes" is completely inappropriate! How many Futaba reps have you seen here that will give you info prior to a products release? ZERO!!!!

You have 25 posts here (many of which are negative)... I have almost 100 times that amount and have arguably been the best, most open, rep on this and other similar forums for the past 10+ years.

I would kindly ask you to reserve your negative comments in this thread about a product that has yet to be released in which you do not know everything about. If there are features missing they may very well be added prior to the radios release.

Mike
It is not your problem if I have 25 posts, because this one is not an heli forum ok ? I ask here because you are a member here.

Well I expect for that radio comes with all helicopter functions if you want to sell one for me or any heliboy in the world. SWASH RING included

Last question: Why does the price for Aurora9 in Germany is over $650 bucks !!

http://www.ed-modellbau.de/aurora-af...rk4usmfqaga245
Andika is offline Find More Posts by Andika
Last edited by Andika; May 28, 2009 at 10:03 PM.
Old May 28, 2009, 11:27 PM
Romania, Dolj, Craiova
Joined Sep 2007
15,480 Posts
Because in retail one Euro = one USD
renatoa is offline Find More Posts by renatoa
Old Jun 04, 2009, 12:50 PM
LAN
Joined Oct 2003
457 Posts
Just for fun, I did a search in the FCC database (inspired by the intensive discussions in another thread at the moment) and found that there is no FCC approval for the Hitec Aurora yet, as far as I could tell.
I am not sure about the process, and if only approved devices are available in the search engine, so maybe this is completely normal, or maybe Hitec is awaiting the FCC approval before being able to label the products and start shipping them.

From all screenshots and trade fair videos it looks like a very finished product, so I was just wondering why it would not be available until July/August (depending on who you ask). I am not whining in any way, all official info points to July/August, so there is no delay as such - just curious of the procedure to bring a product to market.
Old Jun 04, 2009, 06:25 PM
Deutschland, Nordrhein-Westfalen, Geilenkirchen
Joined Aug 2007
772 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by LAN
Just for fun, I did a search in the FCC database (inspired by the intensive discussions in another thread at the moment) and found that there is no FCC approval for the Hitec Aurora yet, as far as I could tell.
LAN, why you are so concerned about this FCC-certification? You are from Sweden, that belongs to Europe, the "FCC" has nothing to certify for us Europeans, that is for "Americans only", none of our business.

(Anyway, don't worry: I am pretty sure, Jim Drew will take care of this "problem" )

Udo
udogigahertz is offline Find More Posts by udogigahertz
Old Jun 05, 2009, 05:18 AM
LAN
Joined Oct 2003
457 Posts
Udo, simply because I think Hitec will not start shipping the radio until all certifications are ready, so I think we have to wait also here in Europe because of this certification.

With all the "issues" with certifications for other brands in the past, it would make sense for Hitec to produce a product that is identical in all markets, i.e. both FCC and CE-approved.

But maybe I am wrong and maybe the Aurora will show up here in Europe before the US.

/Leif