HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old May 18, 2009, 12:26 AM
Romania, Dolj, Craiova
Joined Sep 2007
14,230 Posts
Does Airtronics accepts Hitec Tx modules?
Is it even module based or fixed 2.4G?
renatoa is online now Find More Posts by renatoa
to remove ads between posts
Old May 18, 2009, 02:49 AM
Promoting Model Aviation...
United States, CA, Tehachapi
Joined Nov 2005
24,761 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by FrogChief
Ditto compadre'. My next radio is gonna be one of the two...
< Big grin >

I have never invested "serious bucks" in a radio. Most I spent was $150 on an Optic 6. My club bought me the RDS 8000 I fly with now as a present for mowing our club's field for the year (and for "volunteering" to do it again).

I'm ready to step up and get a radio that I will not outgrow.

Here is an interesting feature that I haven't noticed yet. Do these radios have a USB hookup for software updates? Does any radio?

Frank
Murocflyer is online now Find More Posts by Murocflyer
RCG Plus Member
Old May 18, 2009, 03:25 AM
Suspended Account
Russian Federation, Sakha, Yakutsk
Joined May 2006
2,978 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by murocflyer
< Big grin >

I have never invested "serious bucks" in a radio. Most I spent was $150 on an Optic 6. My club bought me the RDS 8000 I fly with now as a present for mowing our club's field for the year (and for "volunteering" to do it again).

I'm ready to step up and get a radio that I will not outgrow.

Here is an interesting feature that I haven't noticed yet. Do these radios have a USB hookup for software updates? Does any radio?

Frank

Both the SD-10G and Aurora 9 will have PC software update and model backup ability. Either via USB or SD card.
FrogChief is offline Find More Posts by FrogChief
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old May 19, 2009, 02:36 AM
Joined Nov 2005
24,761 Posts
Cool, thanks!

I saw this on another forum.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Mayberry
For those of you that haen't seen any of the screen shots... a bunch are posted here: New for Hitec, the Aurora9

How steep is the learning curve? about a 5 degree incline... if that! So far I've only run into a couple of things I wasn't sure about and figured them out in a short time... that's without the help of a manual.

Once you run through the programming you'll be amazed; it's unlike any other radio! The coolest part is the "custom tab" that lets you put all the most popular features you access most frequently including anything from the system or model pages; this way you don't have to scroll between pages ever!

We had an excellent responce to it at Joe Nall... the best part, after they look and feel it and go through the menus, was telling them the price! The best quote was from a guy that said "How much?!?!? Oh man... I'd better sell my 9303 now because as soon as this comes out I'm not going to be able to get jack for it!!!" LOL

Seriously... we know we're late to the dance but I truely feel we are going to steal the show with this radio. The receiver technology is very sound. It scans the band and picks the cleanest 20 channels to work within. And the cost of the receivers is very reasonable starting at $49 for a 6Ch and it will be only $99 for the top of the line 9Ch. Not to mention the built in telemetry with an audible warningfrom the module if your receiver battery is getting low. After going through the programming of EVERY other radio out there... this one is truely the easiest to understand; it's that straight forward and lacks almost nothing in terms of programming and features.

Oh... by the way, here's what we were flying with it at the "Nall." Note: this is with the $69 7 Ch RX with a single boosted antenna. Brandon Chitty video

Mike.
RCG Plus Member
Old May 25, 2009, 08:46 AM
Joined Nov 2005
24,761 Posts
Been pretty quiet 'round here lately. Any updates or new news?

Thanks,

Frank
RCG Plus Member
Old May 25, 2009, 09:07 AM
LAN
Sweden, Östergötland, Valdemarsvik
Joined Oct 2003
456 Posts
Hitec created a promo site for the radio, with some comparisons to other radios:
http://www.hitecaurora.com/

But I guess what we are all waiting for is the manual/user guide, so we can get a better feeling for what it can do and not. Saw some post indicating that they are working on it.
LAN is offline Find More Posts by LAN
Old May 25, 2009, 09:14 AM
Joined Nov 2005
24,761 Posts
It's too bad they didn't compare the Aurora to the Airtronics SD-10G. They seem like very comparison radios in features as well as price.

Frank
RCG Plus Member
Old May 25, 2009, 10:26 AM
Romania, Dolj, Craiova
Joined Sep 2007
14,230 Posts
Quote:
It's too bad they didn't compare the Aurora to the Airtronics SD-10G. They seem like very comparison radios in features as well as price.

Frank
Who stop us do it, as A.T. did his famous Eclipse/Optic vs. rest of world comparison?
renatoa is online now Find More Posts by renatoa
Old May 25, 2009, 10:32 AM
F3B
Warwickshire, England
Joined Sep 2006
5,481 Posts
i must say the specs look pretty good on paper for the hitec 9. the freely assignable channels and switches is good. pity every mix can't have a 7 point curve, but at least the feature is there.
satinet is online now Find More Posts by satinet
Old May 25, 2009, 11:07 AM
Suspended Account
Joined Jun 2008
125 Posts
Quote:

Frank
+1

Yes, MikeMayBerry... where is the comparison with the new SD-10G
Andika is offline Find More Posts by Andika
Old May 25, 2009, 01:12 PM
Joined Nov 2005
24,761 Posts
Let's get ready to rummmmble!

Radio shootout SD-10G vs. the Aurora.

Let's get it on.

Frank
RCG Plus Member
Old May 25, 2009, 02:15 PM
LAN
Sweden, Östergötland, Valdemarsvik
Joined Oct 2003
456 Posts
Since there is no manual available for either of these, you would have to go by the sales talk to make a comparison, and that is probably why Hitec omitted it from their comparisons.
The SD-10 looks really nice though, except for that tiny little display. The TX market is for sure getting a lot more interesting when these two devices become available.
LAN is offline Find More Posts by LAN
Old May 25, 2009, 07:26 PM
Suspended Account
Panorama City, CA
Joined Sep 2004
5,567 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeMayberry
Yes, the Aurora 9 is 2S Li/po/io compatible. I think it will come stock with a 6 cell NiMh though.
Mike.
It is about time radio manufacturers have redesigned transmitters to make it compatible with 2S or 3S LiPo batteries.

How about receivers and servos?
John Kim is offline Find More Posts by John Kim
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old May 25, 2009, 08:39 PM
USA, TX, Trophy Club
Joined May 2002
14,469 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andika
+1

Yes, MikeMayBerry... where is the comparison with the new SD-10G
Just how does one go about comparing to a radio not on the market yet?

I would gather Airtronics is not in the habit of sending pre-release systems to their competitors. Not smart.

Mike
pda4you is online now Find More Posts by pda4you
RCG Plus Member
Old May 25, 2009, 08:46 PM
USA, TX, Trophy Club
Joined May 2002
14,469 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by John Kim
It is about time radio manufacturers have redesigned transmitters to make it compatible with 2S or 3S LiPo batteries.

How about receivers and servos?
Many of the best 2.4ghz systems RX's are able to handle 2s. Servos are another matter. Hitec and JR both offer them - but the JR are nearly $200.

The Hitec's appear to be in the $100 range.

Both are full size. But I suspect more are coming.....budget and micros hopefully.

Mike
pda4you is online now Find More Posts by pda4you
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by pda4you; May 26, 2009 at 07:58 AM.