SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Feb 16, 2013, 12:23 AM
Chop it, cut it, bash it
United States, CA, La Caņada Flintridge
Joined Jul 2011
5,705 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4*60 View Post
Use the Aurora 9 and another up on a stand or in a tray. Flip the switches on the second radio for your bomb drops, canopy opening, retracts, whatever. 18 channels due to no model match.
Now here is a man not limited to what was printed on the box.
quitcherbitchen is offline Find More Posts by quitcherbitchen
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 16, 2013, 02:07 AM
Australia, SA, Adelaide
Joined Sep 2007
628 Posts
Yeh but does he wear little red shoes and a funny hat ? Cheers
the pope is offline Find More Posts by the pope
Old Feb 16, 2013, 06:04 AM
United Kingdom, England, Kent
Joined Dec 2010
772 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by acesimmer View Post
I have sat waiting patiently for this new radio for eighteen months.
The thing is I have a lot of investment in Hitec in receivers, telemetry and all kinds of other goodies. Seeing that the A9 is not compatible with any other receivers like the Spectrum etc. I either have to jump ship or stay loyal to a brand that I really like that is now lagging behind just about any other mid to high end manufacturer. .
Many years ago when dinosaurs rules the earth I used to fly just planes.
Then a new fangled modern device called helicopters came out.

In order to have things like pitch curves and flight modes, idle up etc I needed to go buy another radio.

So I ended up with one radio system for plane and one for heli's.
Its only a suggestion but could you not try a similar system.
Keep the A9 and your investment in receivers for your aircraft under 9 channels and buy another radio for your more elaborate models.

Its only a suggestion....

I myself, have only just recently have just made a similar decision to buy a MX20 for my large glider fleet because the A9 does not provide what I want for my vario needs. I'm still keeping the A9 though as its a great all round radio.
See you can have the best of both worlds.
VideoKing is offline Find More Posts by VideoKing
Old Feb 16, 2013, 09:56 AM
United States, NH, Franklin
Joined Dec 2012
22 Posts
Quote:
Use the Aurora 9 and another up on a stand or in a tray. Flip the switches on the second radio for your bomb drops, canopy opening, retracts, whatever. 18 channels due to no model match.
Thanks, you just created the new A18X with the capabilities of 6 to 18 channels, at a very competitive price.
IRC4LG is offline Find More Posts by IRC4LG
Old Feb 16, 2013, 11:38 AM
United States, CA, Garden Grove
Joined Oct 2000
12,187 Posts
I am mostly interested in electric scale models and wanted 3 position flaps, differential and speed controls on landing gear, etc without programming compatibility problems.After stewing for months about buying either a DX-8 or A-9, I finally bought the A-9 mostly because I have three Optima receivers and an old Eclipse 7 with 2.4 module. I read some threads where A-9 fanboys are bitterly disappointed with the newest Hitec flagship system, not being enough different than the A-9. Recently became interested in micro/indoor models, may buy a DX6i for compatiblity with the tiny brick receivers and micros.
E-Challenged is offline Find More Posts by E-Challenged
Old Feb 16, 2013, 11:48 AM
Team Twisted!
United States, CA, Hercules
Joined Dec 2011
4,303 Posts
This guy sells a module for your A9 so you can fly Spektrum stuff. http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1755578

I'm using it to fly my BNF helis.
hone1er is online now Find More Posts by hone1er
Old Feb 16, 2013, 02:30 PM
Joined Dec 2002
163 Posts
I have 2 A9's but also have a 6I for the small spectrum planks and helies
because I can fly both A9 stuff and spectrum stuff back and forth without changing the module. I can't imagine why someone would want to keep changing the module back and forth between flights when flying both types for the cost of a 6I. Especially since the module is $95 and 6I complete transmitter is about. $160 I believe.
rjpmodel is offline Find More Posts by rjpmodel
Last edited by rjpmodel; Feb 16, 2013 at 02:45 PM.
Old Feb 16, 2013, 03:44 PM
most exalted one
Canada, BC, Blind Bay
Joined Aug 2002
3,589 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by quitcherbitchen View Post
Now here is a man not limited to what was printed on the box.
But I goofed by mentioning model match. The use of 2 receivers and transmitters means model match would work also.
4*60 is offline Find More Posts by 4*60
Old Feb 16, 2013, 06:25 PM
United States, NV, Fernley
Joined Oct 2011
2,113 Posts
Made the decision today to dump Hitec A9 for the future and my complex scale models and go with the Spectrum DX18. I'll keep the A9 for the simple stuff. Pity I really liked Hitec.
acesimmer is offline Find More Posts by acesimmer
Old Feb 17, 2013, 08:48 AM
Iceland
Joined Jul 2004
36 Posts
Quote:
Use the Aurora 9 and another up on a stand or in a tray. Flip the switches on the second radio for your bomb drops, canopy opening, retracts, whatever. 18 channels due ............(removed a comment that was in error)
With this setup you could also fly two models at the same time, each with 9 channels. This would be impossible with any 12 to 18 channel transmitter
agbjarn is offline Find More Posts by agbjarn
Old Feb 17, 2013, 08:54 AM
Team Twisted!
United States, CA, Hercules
Joined Dec 2011
4,303 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rjpmodel View Post
I have 2 A9's but also have a 6I for the small spectrum planks and helies
because I can fly both A9 stuff and spectrum stuff back and forth without changing the module. I can't imagine why someone would want to keep changing the module back and forth between flights when flying both types for the cost of a 6I. Especially since the module is $95 and 6I complete transmitter is about. $160 I believe.
I don't change modules between flights. On days i can't get to the field i plug the DSMX module in and fly in the front yard, so it stays in the whole day. When i can make it to the field i'm not flying my BNF stuff so i don't even bring the DSMX module with me. It's really not that hard to change the module. I've had a DX6i but i'd much rather use my A9 if i can.
hone1er is online now Find More Posts by hone1er
Old Feb 18, 2013, 10:29 AM
United States, CO, Craig
Joined Apr 2010
16 Posts
A9 DMS2 module

Take a look at this if want to use your A9 to fly DMS2

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1147689
cubbuddy is offline Find More Posts by cubbuddy
Old Feb 19, 2013, 12:21 PM
Jim in the Desert
United States, NM, Las Cruces
Joined Aug 2007
1,263 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by IRC4LG View Post
Thanks, you just created the new A18X with the capabilities of 6 to 18 channels, at a very competitive price.
Hello, can you tell me about the A18X? Who makes it? Where can I buy it?

Thanks.
cloud_9 is offline Find More Posts by cloud_9
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Drill Sizes
Old Feb 19, 2013, 12:22 PM
Stop scaring my donkey!
Greenland
Joined Mar 2012
8,563 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by cloud_9 View Post
Hello, can you tell me about the A18X? Who makes it? Where can I buy it?

Thanks.
It's a joke.
JohnathanSwift is offline Find More Posts by JohnathanSwift
Old Feb 19, 2013, 12:22 PM
Jim in the Desert
United States, NM, Las Cruces
Joined Aug 2007
1,263 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by VideoKing View Post
Many years ago when dinosaurs rules the earth I used to fly just planes.
Then a new fangled modern device called helicopters came out.

In order to have things like pitch curves and flight modes, idle up etc I needed to go buy another radio.

So I ended up with one radio system for plane and one for heli's.
Its only a suggestion but could you not try a similar system.
Keep the A9 and your investment in receivers for your aircraft under 9 channels and buy another radio for your more elaborate models.

Its only a suggestion....

I myself, have only just recently have just made a similar decision to buy a MX20 for my large glider fleet because the A9 does not provide what I want for my vario needs. I'm still keeping the A9 though as its a great all round radio.
See you can have the best of both worlds.

What do you need that the A9 won't do and what TX do you use for your gliders?

Thanks.
cloud_9 is offline Find More Posts by cloud_9
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Drill Sizes