SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Feb 13, 2013, 06:35 AM
Barbados
Joined Jan 2011
2,004 Posts
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1826368
some interesting comments on this one over in the battery forum.And then Lo and behold Sanyo says an endloop can be charged at 2 amps 1C on thier data sheet http://www.eneloop.info/home/technol...ta-sheets.html which do you really believe humm.
The Tug is online now Find More Posts by The Tug
Last edited by The Tug; Feb 13, 2013 at 06:43 AM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 13, 2013, 07:23 AM
United States, NH, Franklin
Joined Dec 2012
22 Posts
Tower Hobbies now showing A9X with a mid May stock estimate, price 459.99 with maxima6rx.
IRC4LG is offline Find More Posts by IRC4LG
Old Feb 13, 2013, 02:27 PM
United States, AK, Anchorage
Joined Oct 2011
4,642 Posts
link?

EDIT:
http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LNDEAS&P=G $460 with maxima 6
http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LNDEAT&P=G $490 with maxima 9
bryansifsof44 is online now Find More Posts by bryansifsof44
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Weights for planes
Old Feb 13, 2013, 07:01 PM
They Call him Dead!
United States, SC, Pawleys Island
Joined Jul 2003
6,861 Posts
So, is the maxima 9 supposed to be faster than the 6?
YellowJacketsRC is offline Find More Posts by YellowJacketsRC
Old Feb 13, 2013, 07:17 PM
as much as I can
NZ
Joined Jan 2010
4,886 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bryansifsof44 View Post
Thanks.

I don't understand them shipping it with non telemetry rx's. I guess the latency issue meant more to them than we all realized...
beenflying is offline Find More Posts by beenflying
Old Feb 13, 2013, 07:56 PM
United States, AK, Anchorage
Joined Oct 2011
4,642 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by beenflying View Post
Thanks.

I don't understand them shipping it with non telemetry rx's. I guess the latency issue meant more to them than we all realized...
The latency was never a issue for me, and I fly 3D, but the low latency debate hurt sales for sure. Some others said it was a problem for them, but IMO most probably had a placebo effect and some where wearing their colors. OTOH, the 9x cuts the Optima's latency in half, so that's good.
bryansifsof44 is online now Find More Posts by bryansifsof44
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Weights for planes
Old Feb 14, 2013, 06:26 PM
Hitec/Multiplex USA
Poway, California, United States
Joined Sep 2000
4,196 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dead View Post
So, is the maxima 9 supposed to be faster than the 6?
No, they are the same @ 7ms frame rate.

Mike.
MikeMayberry is offline Find More Posts by MikeMayberry
Old Feb 14, 2013, 07:02 PM
Radio? Screwdriver!
United Kingdom, England, Bristol
Joined Aug 2011
958 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeMayberry View Post
No, they are the same @ 7ms frame rate.

Mike.
Do you have to switch modes to bind and use them as a receiver?

Or do you bind as a minima and it just works?

Si
SimonChambers is offline Find More Posts by SimonChambers
RCG Plus Member
Old Feb 14, 2013, 07:14 PM
United States, NV, Fernley
Joined Oct 2011
2,002 Posts
I still think the new radio is a joke at only 9 chnls. However, The service department in San Diego is tops with me. Had to send in my A9 for weird problems. They replaced the mother board and also the display and it was all done within 10 days from sending to getting it back today. Said a bad chip. What I liked was the fact that all my models are still loaded. Thumbs up to the service folks. Thumbs down to whoever stuck the new TX at 9 chnls.
acesimmer is online now Find More Posts by acesimmer
Old Feb 14, 2013, 09:45 PM
Joined Feb 2012
56 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by acesimmer View Post
I still think the new radio is a joke at only 9 chnls.
A joke? What a ridiculous statement. What percentage of RC hobbyists do you actually think use more than 9 channels? 5%? Maybe Mike can chime in here since I'm sure Hitec has done market research.

The one decent hobby store in my city carries a lot of planes, and none of them uses more than nine channels. Granted, these are the planes they stock, and I have no doubt they order more exotic planes for a smaller number of customers. I've never seen any of these personally since I haven't been to the couple of club flying fields where they tend to fly bigger, more expensive planes. Some of them probably go all out and have a lot of money wrapped up into the hobby, but I think they represent a minority of users. Hitec isn't trying to market to every customer segment.

I have an A9 and it has served me well for 3 years. The new model looks like it's an improvement in many ways, so that doesn't seem like a joke to me. However, the competition has improved, too. I think it's possible the new radios coming soon from FrSky are going to put some price pressure on semi-expensive radios like the A9X. Even the HobbyKing 9XR is quite compelling. I'm not wanting to make such a downgrade hardware-wise, but even limited experience with the Companion9X/eePe software has made me a believer in the power of the ER9X/Open9X firmware. This should be an interesting year!
wingz is offline Find More Posts by wingz
Old Feb 14, 2013, 10:06 PM
AKA Boomhauer
Arkansas
Joined May 2008
291 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by wingz View Post
A joke? What a ridiculous statement. What percentage of RC hobbyists do you actually think use more than 9 channels? 5%? Maybe Mike can chime in here since I'm sure Hitec has done market research.

The one decent hobby store in my city carries a lot of planes, and none of them uses more than nine channels. Granted, these are the planes they stock, and I have no doubt they order more exotic planes for a smaller number of customers. I've never seen any of these personally since I haven't been to the couple of club flying fields where they tend to fly bigger, more expensive planes. Some of them probably go all out and have a lot of money wrapped up into the hobby, but I think they represent a minority of users. Hitec isn't trying to market to every customer segment.

I have an A9 and it has served me well for 3 years. The new model looks like it's an improvement in many ways, so that doesn't seem like a joke to me. However, the competition has improved, too. I think it's possible the new radios coming soon from FrSky are going to put some price pressure on semi-expensive radios like the A9X. Even the HobbyKing 9XR is quite compelling. I'm not wanting to make such a downgrade hardware-wise, but even limited experience with the Companion9X/eePe software has made me a believer in the power of the ER9X/Open9X firmware. This should be an interesting year!
When one graduates from the trainer planes they often use more than 9 channels. More than 5% anyhow.
Lomchevac is offline Find More Posts by Lomchevac
Old Feb 14, 2013, 10:32 PM
Joined Feb 2012
56 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lomchevac View Post
When one graduates from the trainer planes they often use more than 9 channels. More than 5% anyhow.
Right. Oh, to be such an RC stud -- I better get back to my simulator!
wingz is offline Find More Posts by wingz
Old Feb 15, 2013, 01:40 AM
The truth will prevail
Westbury, NY
Joined Nov 2009
682 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bryansifsof44 View Post
Interesting, Tower has published an ETA of mid of May!

So, if we extrapolate that - considering the ETA's for different Hitec RC equipments we had in the past- , then we will have the new TX available for the flight season 2014.

Btw., what is the official ETA published by Hitec for the new A9X ?

Juergen
skyrock is offline Find More Posts by skyrock
Old Feb 15, 2013, 02:43 AM
Joined Aug 2002
5,811 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by skyrock View Post
Interesting, Tower has published an ETA of mid of May!
So, if we extrapolate that - considering the ETA's for different Hitec RC equipments we had in the past- , then we will have the new TX available for the flight season 2014.
Btw., what is the official ETA published by Hitec for the new A9X ? Juergen
Certainly not very far away as the Aurora 9X has been well displayed in the
Hitec Product Catalogue 2013 (English Version) which is in two parts due
to max ,pdf file sizes permitted when transferred.

. Hitec Product Catalog 2013 #1 5.44 mb - pages 1 < 27 Transmitters, Telemetry Chargers and some servos.

. Hitec Product Catalog 2013 #2 8.27 mb - pages 28< 43 Servos and accessories.

ex Hitec USA Support Forum Sticky:
Aurora 9, AFHSS Spectra Modules, Optima Transceivers, Minima Receivers
& Telemetry
- FAQ & Undocumented Features
- Mixes, Setups, Tips. {Individual Links often updated}

Alan T.
Alan's Hobby, Model & RC FAQ Web Links
A.T. is offline Find More Posts by A.T.
Old Feb 15, 2013, 07:26 AM
United States, FL, Melbourne
Joined Jul 2005
323 Posts
[QUOTE=wingz;24139493]A joke? What a ridiculous statement. What percentage of RC hobbyists do you actually think use more than 9 channels? 5%? Maybe Mike can chime in here since I'm sure Hitec has done market research.......................................... ...

This is one of those discussions that you can learn from or plant your feet and insist that 95% of people in the RC hobby use less than 9 channels. An uncomplicated 30cc gas plane with two ailerons, two flaps, two elevator halves, rudder, steerable nose gear, throttle, and ignition kill - requires the use of ten channels. Many scale and non scale planes require multiple independent throttle channels, retractable gear, separate gear door actuators, remotely varied gyro stabilization on one of more axis including nose gear steering, multiple flap systems, smoke, and the list goes on. If you think these folks represent only 5% of the hobby then you must be working your way through the foamie stage. If are open to learning there is a world of excitement and fun to experience in RC that you are unaware of. My guess is that the 9X is intended to help retain market share while Hitec completes development of their new XX Channel Touchscreen, wifi programmable 2.4ghz radio sysem.

Howard
Howard L is offline Find More Posts by Howard L