SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Reply
Thread Tools
Old Feb 12, 2013, 06:56 AM
Registered User
Minnesota
Joined Sep 2003
269 Posts
I guess I don't care for their warranty disclaimer.

"We only warrant eneloop if used with an eneloop, Sanyo or Sanyo NiMh battery charger."

I have a bunch of chargers, all capable of charging eneloops, and I am figuring that they are all equal to or better than the recommended chargers.

Greg
OldRookie is offline Find More Posts by OldRookie
Reply With Quote
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 12, 2013, 09:08 AM
Registered User
VideoKing's Avatar
United Kingdom, England, Kent
Joined Dec 2010
786 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by OldRookie View Post
I guess I don't care for their warranty disclaimer.

"We only warrant eneloop if used with an eneloop, Sanyo or Sanyo NiMh battery charger."

I have a bunch of chargers, all capable of charging eneloops, and I am figuring that they are all equal to or better than the recommended chargers.

Greg
Yes I know their disclaimer goes over the top, but it's common knowledge that the Eneloop chemistry is a modified NiMH, say I take what they say about their general use seriously.

If you want to fast charge them, be my guest, but it should not become a recommendation.

VideoKing is offline Find More Posts by VideoKing
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 12, 2013, 09:36 AM
Registered User
Barbados
Joined Jan 2011
2,145 Posts
http://www.eneloop.info/home/technol...ta-sheets.html
States batteries can be charged in 1hr obv using delta peak charging.
The Tug is offline Find More Posts by The Tug
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 12, 2013, 09:55 AM
Registered User
Minnesota
Joined Sep 2003
269 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by VideoKing View Post
Yes I know their disclaimer goes over the top, but it's common knowledge that the Eneloop chemistry is a modified NiMH, say I take what they say about their general use seriously.

If you want to fast charge them, be my guest, but it should not become a recommendation.

I wasn't going to fast charge them, my chargers are capable of going down to 50ma or 100ma for eneloop charging. Are there any actual benefits to using their charger other than not loosing your warranty?
Do they have any priority patents on their chargers?

Greg
OldRookie is offline Find More Posts by OldRookie
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 12, 2013, 10:08 AM
Registered User
Barbados
Joined Jan 2011
2,145 Posts
If you run a 50mah overnight charge,they will prob last so long you will forget about the warranty.Pumping 2A into them that's another story,but hey endloop says you can.
The Tug is offline Find More Posts by The Tug
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 12, 2013, 10:36 AM
Registered User
VideoKing's Avatar
United Kingdom, England, Kent
Joined Dec 2010
786 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by OldRookie View Post
I wasn't going to fast charge them, my chargers are capable of going down to 50ma or 100ma for eneloop charging. Are there any actual benefits to using their charger other than not loosing your warranty?
Do they have any priority patents on their chargers?
Greg
No idea but I agree that any normal delta peak charger should be OK...

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Tug View Post
http://www.eneloop.info/home/technol...ta-sheets.html
States batteries can be charged in 1hr obv using delta peak charging.
Obviously one side of the Panasonic design department does not talk to the other.
Your data sheet shows a fast charge curve and the other page says its not recommended.

Lets leave it to individuals to go with what they think is best....
VideoKing is offline Find More Posts by VideoKing
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 12, 2013, 10:39 AM
Proud member of LISF and ESL
LI, New York, USA
Joined Mar 2003
24,555 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by VideoKing View Post
Yes I know their disclaimer goes over the top, but it's common knowledge that the Eneloop chemistry is a modified NiMH, say I take what they say about their general use seriously.

If you want to fast charge them, be my guest, but it should not become a recommendation.

I was not aware of this. Do they need some kind of special charging program?

I have friends who have had failures and have sworn against Eneloop. Perhaps it is the way they are charging them that is the problem.

My NiMh radio and receiver packs are typically charged between 1/2 and 1/10 C.

I don't have any but had not heard of any special process being needed.
aeajr is offline Find More Posts by aeajr
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 12, 2013, 10:41 AM
Registered User
VideoKing's Avatar
United Kingdom, England, Kent
Joined Dec 2010
786 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by aeajr View Post
I was not aware of this. Do they need some kind of special charging program?

I have friends who have had failures and have sworn against Eneloop. Perhaps it is the way they are charging them that is the problem.

I don't have any but had not heard of any special process being needed.
I think this is going way off topic for the A9 thread... Lets call it a day on Eneloops shall we...
VideoKing is offline Find More Posts by VideoKing
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 12, 2013, 11:13 AM
Registered User
Minnesota
Joined Sep 2003
269 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by VideoKing View Post
I think this is going way off topic for the A9 thread... Lets call it a day on Eneloops shall we...
Sounds like a plan.
If necessary someone can start a new Eneloop thread to add to the already existing Eneloop threads.

Greg
OldRookie is offline Find More Posts by OldRookie
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 12, 2013, 11:16 AM
Registered User
canavanbob's Avatar
CA
Joined Feb 2004
440 Posts
I have an Eneloop in my A9, so I don't think it is OT.
canavanbob is offline Find More Posts by canavanbob
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 12, 2013, 11:18 AM
They Call him Dead!
YellowJacketsRC's Avatar
United States, SC, Pawleys Island
Joined Jul 2003
7,068 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luis_Claudio View Post
I bought the older Aurora. But we DO NEED to know how much will cost the new one All of this speculation kill us
http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXDEAS&P=7
YellowJacketsRC is online now Find More Posts by YellowJacketsRC
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 12, 2013, 11:32 AM
Registered User
E-Challenged's Avatar
United States, CA, Garden Grove
Joined Oct 2000
12,231 Posts
Am I the only one confused by the pictorial hookup drawings in the Optima receiver instruction sheets and transmitter manuals? Warning, be sure to plug the SPC to motor battery pigtail with proper polarity as shown on the tiny symbols on the receiver. I bought a new Aurora 9 after Christmas but still haven't transferred models over from my old Eclipse 7 yet.
E-Challenged is offline Find More Posts by E-Challenged
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 12, 2013, 12:08 PM
Registered User
USA, CA, Pismo Beach
Joined Oct 2007
1,408 Posts
The Tower listing shows that as an A9, not A9x.
Greywing is online now Find More Posts by Greywing
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 12, 2013, 12:10 PM
Team Twisted!
hone1er's Avatar
United States, CA, Hercules
Joined Dec 2011
4,319 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greywing View Post
The Tower listing shows that as an A9, not A9x.
But why would they have a A9 with Maxima RX if they're not compatible?

If that ends up being the price i'll probably get one.
hone1er is online now Find More Posts by hone1er
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 12, 2013, 12:10 PM
Registered User
USA, CA, Pismo Beach
Joined Oct 2007
1,408 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by E-Challenged View Post
Am I the only one confused by the pictorial hookup drawings in the Optima receiver instruction sheets and transmitter manuals? Warning, be sure to plug the SPC to motor battery pigtail with proper polarity as shown on the tiny symbols on the receiver. I bought a new Aurora 9 after Christmas but still haven't transferred models over from my old Eclipse 7 yet.
What's the confusion? Plenty of help here.
Greywing is online now Find More Posts by Greywing
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
For Sale FS - Hitec 600mah 9.6V NiCd Transmitter Battery Pack - Good Condition freedomflyer Aircraft - Electric - Batteries & Chargers (FS/W) 4 Aug 07, 2006 05:15 AM
WANT! Hitec Flash 5 Transmitter! jocappy Aircraft - Electric - Airplanes (FS/W) 1 Jun 13, 2002 11:04 AM
Wanted >= 4 channel Hitec (or compatable) Transmitter OverHeadCam Aircraft - Electric - Airplanes (FS/W) 3 May 28, 2002 11:56 AM
FS Hitec Prism 7X Transmitter mt_100 Aircraft - Electric - Airplanes (FS/W) 2 May 20, 2002 08:30 AM
WTB: Hitec Flash 5 Transmitter stevevanwagner Aircraft - Electric - Airplanes (FS/W) 0 Feb 20, 2002 11:29 PM