HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Reply
Thread Tools
Old Feb 11, 2013, 10:21 AM
How close are those trees?
Goody63's Avatar
Perth, Western Australia
Joined Apr 2008
1,924 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnathanSwift View Post
Well, as I recall there are four screws that close a clamp on the handle bar. I think it took five minutes and I've never taken it off.
Thanks Jonathon

Then it's not too bulky or add extra weight?

Was thinking it might be a pain to get into my transmitter box too?
Goody63 is offline Find More Posts by Goody63
Reply With Quote
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 11, 2013, 10:26 AM
Stop scaring my donkey!
JohnathanSwift's Avatar
Greenland
Joined Mar 2012
8,738 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goody63 View Post
Thanks Jonathon

Then it's not too bulky or add extra weight?

Was thinking it might be a pain to get into my transmitter box too?
It has not bothered me in the least, and the little Korean gal nags just like my wife so I feel right at home.

Mine fits just fine in my JR "two radio" upright case-now, were it to lie flat, I just don't know.
JohnathanSwift is offline Find More Posts by JohnathanSwift
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 11, 2013, 10:48 AM
How close are those trees?
Goody63's Avatar
Perth, Western Australia
Joined Apr 2008
1,924 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnathanSwift View Post
It has not bothered me in the least, and the little Korean gal nags just like my wife so I feel right at home.

Mine fits just fine in my JR "two radio" upright case-now, were it to lie flat, I just don't know.
Cheers for that info!!
Goody63 is offline Find More Posts by Goody63
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 11, 2013, 11:00 AM
The truth will prevail
skyrock's Avatar
Westbury, NY
Joined Nov 2009
683 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goody63 View Post
Wow I like the sound (pardon the pun) of that variometer....

But I guess to get the full benefit you need to also get the HTS voice add on.

Quick couple of questions for anyone that has the HTS voice module; is it easy to take on and off? I would only use if for my glider.

Does the variometer just plug into the standard sensor hub?

Also where's the best place to buy this gear over the net?

Thanks for any advice
No it is not easy! you have to unscrew the 4 srews. So I have installed it permanently on my A9

No you have to buy the HTS-SS Advance sensor station and plug it into the port for the variometer.

I bought the full set here : http://www.hobbydirekt.de/24-GHz/Hit...1::221539.html

Juergen
skyrock is offline Find More Posts by skyrock
Last edited by skyrock; Feb 11, 2013 at 11:06 AM.
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 11, 2013, 12:00 PM
How close are those trees?
Goody63's Avatar
Perth, Western Australia
Joined Apr 2008
1,924 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by skyrock View Post
No it is not easy! you have to unscrew the 4 srews. So I have installed it permanently on my A9

No you have to buy the HTS-SS Advance sensor station and plug it into the port for the variometer.

I bought the full set here : http://www.hobbydirekt.de/24-GHz/Hit...1::221539.html

Juergen
Ok thanks for that info Juergen

Maybe I'll just have to persist with sneaking a peak at my EZ Cockpit View (for altitude) when I'm flying the glider.

Cheers!!
Goody63 is offline Find More Posts by Goody63
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 11, 2013, 12:04 PM
Registered User
United States, FL, Melbourne
Joined Jul 2005
323 Posts
Does anyone know if the 9X battery compartment measurements are the same as the 9? Also, what is the consensus as far as the TX battery, stock is ok, get higher capacity eneloop, or get a higher capacity LiPo?

Howard
Howard L is offline Find More Posts by Howard L
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 11, 2013, 01:35 PM
Registered User
USA, CA, Pismo Beach
Joined Oct 2007
1,401 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Howard L View Post
Does anyone know if the 9X battery compartment measurements are the same as the 9? Also, what is the consensus as far as the TX battery, stock is ok, get higher capacity eneloop, or get a higher capacity LiPo?

Howard
I don't think any dimensions have been published WRT the 9X battery compartment but it looked a little like it was somewhat larger. TBD.

Assuming your consensus question was regarding the A9, the stock battery is fine if you like recharging frequently. Eneloops are better than stock because you can still use the stock charger and have substantially longer use before recharging is required. For myself I use a LiPo and love the longest use life and the really quick recharge time with an appropriate charger. Detractors quote the fear factor but with common cautions it's not a problem.
Greywing is offline Find More Posts by Greywing
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 11, 2013, 06:12 PM
Radio? Screwdriver!
United Kingdom, England, Bristol
Joined Aug 2011
962 Posts
Mike, if you're reading...

How about an offical Hitec LiPo battery, that is a low C rating, with built in LiPo charge protection. If the C rating is lower, you can get more mAh into it, and thus longer life.

A standard 2S 2200mAh flight pack battery is ok - I get ~20hours runtime. But if you could get a 4400mAh pack in there (with a lower C rating), then that's over 40 hours runtime. Like a months worth of flying...

Si.
SimonChambers is offline Find More Posts by SimonChambers
RCG Plus Member
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 11, 2013, 07:08 PM
Hitec/Multiplex USA
MikeMayberry's Avatar
Poway, California, United States
Joined Sep 2000
4,200 Posts
What is built in charge protection?
MikeMayberry is offline Find More Posts by MikeMayberry
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 11, 2013, 07:10 PM
Chop it, cut it, bash it
quitcherbitchen's Avatar
United States, CA, La Caņada Flintridge
Joined Jul 2011
5,711 Posts
I'm sure Hitec's insurance company probably has advised against Lipos being stock as "unnecessary Risk".
quitcherbitchen is offline Find More Posts by quitcherbitchen
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 11, 2013, 07:37 PM
Registered User
Quincy IL
Joined Jul 2006
522 Posts
Mike

Some LiPo's have small circuit boards internal that can limit charge current, clamp the max cell voltage to 4.2V, act as balancer boards or limit the discharge current.

I have found several in older EFlight batteries while transplanting cells. Usually have a very small micro and some 8 pin SMD FETs
Hugh P is online now Find More Posts by Hugh P
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 11, 2013, 09:33 PM
Registered User
Joined Aug 2002
5,811 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SimonChambers View Post
Mike, if you're reading...
How about an offical Hitec LiPo battery, that is a low C rating, with built in LiPo charge protection. If the C rating is lower, you can get more mAh into it, and thus longer life.
A standard 2S 2200mAh flight pack battery is ok - I get ~20hours runtime. But if you could get a 4400mAh pack in there (with a lower C rating), then that's over 40 hours runtime. Like a months worth of flying...Si.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hugh P View Post
Mike
Some LiPo's have small circuit boards internal that can limit charge current, clamp the max cell voltage to 4.2V, act as balancer boards or limit the discharge current.
I have found several in older EFlight batteries while transplanting cells. Usually have a very small micro and some 8 pin SMD FETs
Personally remain a fan of the NiMH/Eneloop in any Tx.
Easy to fast charge at field, should need ever arise, during those long coffee or tea breaks / chin wagging between flights.

. Dreamliners Grounded
. DreamLiner Battery
. Overcharged batteries likely cause
If Boeing have problems, with large sized circuit board protectors, imagine what the insurance companies
are saying to smaller businesses.
Little wonder Hitec manuals advise to remove Lipo for charging.
(Cessna discontinued supplying Lipo etc in their exec jet aircraft sometime ago.)

Alan T.
Alan's Hobby, Model & RC FAQ Web Links
A.T. is offline Find More Posts by A.T.
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 11, 2013, 09:59 PM
cmd
Registered User
cmd's Avatar
Niceville, FL
Joined Oct 2004
1,228 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hugh P View Post
Mike

Some LiPo's have small circuit boards internal that can limit charge current, clamp the max cell voltage to 4.2V, act as balancer boards or limit the discharge current.

I have found several in older EFlight batteries while transplanting cells. Usually have a very small micro and some 8 pin SMD FETs
Hey Mike, you might be able to license Boeing's solution for the 787!
cmd is offline Find More Posts by cmd
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 11, 2013, 10:00 PM
Luis Claudio - Rio - Brazil
Luis_Claudio's Avatar
Brasil, RJ, Rio de Janeiro
Joined Apr 2005
2,459 Posts
I bought the older Aurora. But we DO NEED to know how much will cost the new one All of this speculation kill us
Luis_Claudio is offline Find More Posts by Luis_Claudio
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 12, 2013, 06:34 AM
Registered User
VideoKing's Avatar
United Kingdom, England, Kent
Joined Dec 2010
772 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by A.T. View Post
Personally remain a fan of the NiMH/Eneloop in any Tx.
Easy to fast charge at field, should need ever arise, during those long coffee or tea breaks / chin wagging between flights.

Alan T.
Alan's Hobby, Model & RC FAQ Web Links

I though it was common knowledge NOT to fast charge Eneloops.
Link to Sanyo website below.


Quote:
http://www.eneloop.info/eneloop-prod...-chargers.html

Can I use a "Quick Charger" to charge an eneloop battery?

Though it is possible to charge an eneloop battery in a "Quick Charger", it is not recommended. We recommend charging eneloop batteries in a Ni-MH charger that is 2 hours or more. Charging eneloop batteries in a "Quick Charger" can reduce the overall life of the battery. It is strongly recommended to use eneloop, Sanyo or Sanyo NiMh battery chargers. We only warrant eneloop if used with an eneloop, Sanyo or Sanyo NiMh battery charger.
VideoKing is offline Find More Posts by VideoKing
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
For Sale FS - Hitec 600mah 9.6V NiCd Transmitter Battery Pack - Good Condition freedomflyer Aircraft - Electric - Batteries & Chargers (FS/W) 4 Aug 07, 2006 05:15 AM
WANT! Hitec Flash 5 Transmitter! jocappy Aircraft - Electric - Airplanes (FS/W) 1 Jun 13, 2002 11:04 AM
Wanted >= 4 channel Hitec (or compatable) Transmitter OverHeadCam Aircraft - Electric - Airplanes (FS/W) 3 May 28, 2002 11:56 AM
FS Hitec Prism 7X Transmitter mt_100 Aircraft - Electric - Airplanes (FS/W) 2 May 20, 2002 08:30 AM
WTB: Hitec Flash 5 Transmitter stevevanwagner Aircraft - Electric - Airplanes (FS/W) 0 Feb 20, 2002 11:29 PM