HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Feb 09, 2013, 08:23 AM
United Kingdom, England, Kent
Joined Dec 2010
767 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by satinet View Post
Bear in mind the hitec telemetry system requires the use of a sensor station.
If you are flying f3x type mouldies or modern sport mouldies, you might struggle to fit the sensor station and all the wiring.
Thanks but I'm fully aware of the sensor stations, most of my planes have telemetry of some sort or the other. Some have current sensors , some GPS, others prop rev sensors etc.

The questions were more to do with the actual operation of the vario module for gliders only.
VideoKing is offline Find More Posts by VideoKing
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 09, 2013, 08:58 AM
Joined Dec 2002
163 Posts
Will the voice work on the 9X? Is there a place to plug it in? (No plug in module).
You Will have to use the Optima receivers since the new Maxima receivers will not allow telemetry
rjpmodel is offline Find More Posts by rjpmodel
Old Feb 09, 2013, 09:21 AM
Joined Dec 2010
767 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rjpmodel View Post
Will the voice work on the 9X? Is there a place to plug it in? (No plug in module).
You Will have to use the Optima receivers since the new Maxima receivers will not allow telemetry
There is a DATA port on the back of the radio between the trainer plug and charger socket. I cant tell you what the socket is as its covered by a rubber bung, but I would guess 99% that its a servo lead socket the same as the A9.

see this photo..http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...ostcount=23722
Old Feb 09, 2013, 11:06 AM
USA, CA, Pismo Beach
Joined Oct 2007
1,380 Posts
VideoKing:

It would appear that your fears are confirmed by A.T. in this brief treatise regarding the variometer function wherein he quotes Juergen's assessment of operation. Ergo, no voice and apparently just Tx beeps. I must agree this function could use substantial improvement. Indeed, operational descriptions could use substantial improvement.
Greywing is online now Find More Posts by Greywing
Old Feb 09, 2013, 02:24 PM
Joined Dec 2010
767 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greywing View Post
VideoKing:

It would appear that your fears are confirmed by A.T. in this brief treatise regarding the variometer function wherein he quotes Juergen's assessment of operation. Ergo, no voice and apparently just Tx beeps. I must agree this function could use substantial improvement. Indeed, operational descriptions could use substantial improvement.
Thanks for the link but I had already found it.
Unfortunately there is no real description of what goes on, not even the the so called telemetry manual gives a description of what you are supposed to get by way of telemetry output.
I just cant believe out of the thousands of Hitec users, someone somewhere has not posted a proper description of what goes on with the vario.

Not very encouraging really...
Old Feb 10, 2013, 05:46 PM
The truth will prevail
Westbury, NY
Joined Nov 2009
682 Posts
Well Just for you . Here is what you get :

-operation : just plugin the variometer in the given port of the HTS-SS Advance. That's it

- you can choose betweeen GPS and variometer height (choose variometer it is more precise)
- sinking and climbing of your glider is given by beeps of the A9. Your colleagues on the airfield will not tolerate that because you cant adjust the loudness for the beeps
- the HTS voice does only a voice output of the actual height not for sinking and climbing
- you can switch off the beeps for sinking and gliding on the A9 seperately but then you have no informationduring your flight
- you cant log the data of the new sensors for the HTS-SS Advance with the HPP-22 software
- the HTS-Navi does not receive the data from the new sensors (air speed, E-Temp, servo,vario)

Juergen
skyrock is offline Find More Posts by skyrock
Old Feb 10, 2013, 07:01 PM
They Call him Dead!
United States, SC, Pawleys Island
Joined Jul 2003
6,912 Posts
What is special about the Maxima RX? Is it required to have the Maxima to reduce latency with the 9X?

Will the 9x work with the optima RX? Will the latency be improved at all with the 9x and the optima?
YellowJacketsRC is offline Find More Posts by YellowJacketsRC
Old Feb 10, 2013, 07:24 PM
as much as I can
NZ
Joined Jan 2010
4,911 Posts
From what Mike has said the Optima will have half the current latency with the 9X and the Maxima will go as low as 7ms:
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...ostcount=23594
beenflying is offline Find More Posts by beenflying
Last edited by beenflying; Feb 10, 2013 at 07:29 PM.
Old Feb 10, 2013, 09:13 PM
Chop it, cut it, bash it
United States, CA, La Caņada Flintridge
Joined Jul 2011
5,576 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dead View Post
What is special about the Maxima RX? Is it required to have the Maxima to reduce latency with the 9X?

Will the 9x work with the optima RX? Will the latency be improved at all with the 9x and the optima?
The Maxima RX will have a faster chip. No telemetry. 9x will work with optima receivers and will work faster with them, but not as fast as with the Maxima. Whether you notice the difference is debatable.
quitcherbitchen is online now Find More Posts by quitcherbitchen
Old Feb 10, 2013, 10:08 PM
Build to Fly? FLY to BUILD!
United States, AZ, Gilbert
Joined Nov 2009
1,104 Posts
Quote:

More importantly, does it have an analog RSSI output, and is it capable of outputting PPM stock?
Legot is offline Find More Posts by Legot
Old Feb 11, 2013, 12:18 AM
They Call him Dead!
United States, SC, Pawleys Island
Joined Jul 2003
6,912 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Legot View Post
More importantly, does it have an analog RSSI output, and is it capable of outputting PPM stock?
A what that puts out what?..
YellowJacketsRC is offline Find More Posts by YellowJacketsRC
Old Feb 11, 2013, 03:15 AM
F3B
Warwickshire, England
Joined Sep 2006
5,520 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by skyrock View Post
Well Just for you . Here is what you get :

-operation : just plugin the variometer in the given port of the HTS-SS Advance. That's it

- you can choose betweeen GPS and variometer height (choose variometer it is more precise)
- sinking and climbing of your glider is given by beeps of the A9. Your colleagues on the airfield will not tolerate that because you cant adjust the loudness for the beeps
- the HTS voice does only a voice output of the actual height not for sinking and climbing
- you can switch off the beeps for sinking and gliding on the A9 seperately but then you have no informationduring your flight
- you cant log the data of the new sensors for the HTS-SS Advance with the HPP-22 software
- the HTS-Navi does not receive the data from the new sensors (air speed, E-Temp, servo,vario)

Juergen
thanks for the information
satinet is offline Find More Posts by satinet
Old Feb 11, 2013, 06:52 AM
Stop scaring my donkey!
Greenland
Joined Mar 2012
8,271 Posts
Quote:
A what that puts out what?..
Money....
JohnathanSwift is offline Find More Posts by JohnathanSwift
Old Feb 11, 2013, 09:07 AM
How close are those trees?
Perth, Western Australia
Joined Apr 2008
1,911 Posts
Wow I like the sound (pardon the pun) of that variometer....

But I guess to get the full benefit you need to also get the HTS voice add on.

Quick couple of questions for anyone that has the HTS voice module; is it easy to take on and off? I would only use if for my glider.

Does the variometer just plug into the standard sensor hub?

Also where's the best place to buy this gear over the net?

Thanks for any advice
Goody63 is offline Find More Posts by Goody63
Old Feb 11, 2013, 09:15 AM
Stop scaring my donkey!
Greenland
Joined Mar 2012
8,271 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goody63 View Post
Wow I like the sound (pardon the pun) of that variometer....

But I guess to get the full benefit you need to also get the HTS voice add on.

Quick couple of questions for anyone that has the HTS voice module; is it easy to take on and off? I would only use if for my glider.

Does the variometer just plug into the standard sensor hub?

Also where's the best place to buy this gear over the net?

Thanks for any advice
Well, as I recall there are four screws that close a clamp on the handle bar. I think it took five minutes and I've never taken it off.
JohnathanSwift is offline Find More Posts by JohnathanSwift