HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Reply
Thread Tools
Old Jan 31, 2013, 07:46 PM
Registered User
Highfly!'s Avatar
United States, CA, Cameron Park
Joined May 2007
1,258 Posts
Mike, any chance we get to see throttle curves settings in glider mode?
Highfly! is offline Find More Posts by Highfly!
Site Sponsor
Reply With Quote
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 31, 2013, 07:53 PM
Registered User
acesimmer's Avatar
United States, NV, Fernley
Joined Oct 2011
1,933 Posts
What a bugger that no extra channels. I have been waiting for ages hoping the next one would be at least a twelve channel. My A9 just does not cut it for my scale jets and warbirds due to scale working features. I guess that I'm going to have to move to a Spectrum 18 unit just to make things work. What where they thinking!
acesimmer is offline Find More Posts by acesimmer
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 31, 2013, 09:17 PM
Proud RC Addict
United States, UT, American Fork
Joined Nov 2009
1,552 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by acesimmer View Post
What a bugger that no extra channels. I have been waiting for ages hoping the next one would be at least a twelve channel. My A9 just does not cut it for my scale jets and warbirds due to scale working features. I guess that I'm going to have to move to a Spectrum 18 unit just to make things work. What where they thinking!
Those were my exact thoughts. I hate to leave Hitec after so long but... what do you do???
dennisjm is online now Find More Posts by dennisjm
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 31, 2013, 09:38 PM
Registered User
United States, WI, Kenosha
Joined Aug 2004
77 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mulicheng View Post
Those were my exact thoughts. I hate to leave Hitec after so long but... what do you do???
Same here. Has me thinking about another radio to support my higher channel needs. I was really hoping they would up it to at least 12 as I really like my aurora...but
bhouin is offline Find More Posts by bhouin
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 31, 2013, 10:48 PM
Watts is where its at!
racerxky's Avatar
United States, WA, Seattle
Joined Oct 2004
1,731 Posts
I'm in much the same boat. I think these are good updates and worth having. However the market is now more crowded than when the original A9 was introduced. This thing is going to be stuck somewhere between the Futaba 14SG and Spektrum DX8.

Personally I like my A9 very much but I need at least 1 more channel to run a 100cc airplane without a matchbox. 2 More if I want to do smoke. This has me looking hard at the 14SG. I was really hoping for a radio with more channels but with the great Aurora software and touch screen. I still think the Aurora 9 has better programming than anything else under $2000. It's just that good. But without more channels I'm going to have to leave the platform.
racerxky is offline Find More Posts by racerxky
RCG Plus Member
Old Jan 31, 2013, 10:51 PM
Team Twisted!
hone1er's Avatar
United States, CA, Hercules
Joined Dec 2011
4,178 Posts
I think we can't really pass judgement until we see the price. The 14sg is nice but it's also $600. If this radio is near that price i can see them having a problem, but if they keep it reasonable they will be attracting a lot of new users(not current A9 users)
hone1er is online now Find More Posts by hone1er
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 31, 2013, 11:22 PM
Registered User
acesimmer's Avatar
United States, NV, Fernley
Joined Oct 2011
1,933 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by hone1er View Post
I think we can't really pass judgement until we see the price. The 14sg is nice but it's also $600. If this radio is near that price i can see them having a problem, but if they keep it reasonable they will be attracting a lot of new users(not current A9 users)
Its not so much the price........... I truly love my A9 but it is so channel limited for serious scale jet or prop. I cannot add a speed brake nor have full vectored thrust on my Flanker. I would also like to have ordinance release along with a chute and wheel brakes. So I'm already short four channels!. Lets not forget a working scale canopy and smoke. What is Hitec thinking!!!. I would gladly pay $600 for the extra channels even if nothing else changed. I'm sure the Heli and glider guys would think different and rightly so. Oh well, another change in the wind.
acesimmer is offline Find More Posts by acesimmer
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 31, 2013, 11:45 PM
The truth will prevail
skyrock's Avatar
Westbury, NY
Joined Nov 2009
682 Posts
Slt?

Is SLT a step backward?

First, if I understand it correctly, using the SLT protocol will even limit the A9 to 8 channels
Second, any plane we want to fly with SLT, needs special SLT RX's onboard

This is like having equipped the A9 just with a module from another vendor, but now with the A9X we will be limited just to one, SLT.

Juergen
skyrock is offline Find More Posts by skyrock
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 01, 2013, 12:13 AM
Watts is where its at!
racerxky's Avatar
United States, WA, Seattle
Joined Oct 2004
1,731 Posts
I think its a step sideways. Spektrum has the Bind 'n Fly aircraft and helis which are a good reason to buy a Spektrum system. Hitec wont ever get access to that product ecosystem but adding SLT gets them access to something similar, assuming there are more models released for that system. The TR421 4-Channel at 1.8g is interesting to people flying very light weight indoor aircraft.
racerxky is offline Find More Posts by racerxky
RCG Plus Member
Old Feb 01, 2013, 03:38 AM
The truth will prevail
skyrock's Avatar
Westbury, NY
Joined Nov 2009
682 Posts
Hitec's Variometer

Finally I found out how it works!

And yes, I was wrong it is a variometer, but........

- rates for sink and climb rate of your glider are made audiable by beeps of the A9.
- as one cannot adjust the sound intensity of these beeps all colleagues on the airfield will complain
- in the menu SYSTEM/SENSOR/ADVANCE/VARIOMETER/SETTING one can switch the beeps off an on
- if "Sensitive "setting is on "FAST" this leads to an unaccepable noise on the airfield
- as there is [b]no/[b] voice out put of sinking and climbing with the HTS-Voice one cant use a headset
- although the variometer shows a correct altitude on the A9 the HTS-Voice needs a reset of the altitude before flying to report the correct altitude ! Why?

I would be much better if we could switch off the beeps on the A9 and have ounlky a sound output from the variometer on the HTS voice and use a headset.

Juergen
skyrock is offline Find More Posts by skyrock
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 01, 2013, 05:29 AM
Registered User
United Kingdom, England, Kent
Joined Dec 2010
728 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by skyrock View Post
Finally I found out how it works!

And yes, I was wrong it is a variometer, but........

- rates for sink and climb rate of your glider are made audiable by beeps of the A9.
- as one cannot adjust the sound intensity of these beeps all colleagues on the airfield will complain
- in the menu SYSTEM/SENSOR/ADVANCE/VARIOMETER/SETTING one can switch the beeps off an on
- if "Sensitive "setting is on "FAST" this leads to an unaccepable noise on the airfield
- as there is [b]no/[b] voice out put of sinking and climbing with the HTS-Voice one cant use a headset
- although the variometer shows a correct altitude on the A9 the HTS-Voice needs a reset of the altitude before flying to report the correct altitude ! Why?

I would be much better if we could switch off the beeps on the A9 and have ounlky a sound output from the variometer on the HTS voice and use a headset.

Juergen
Thanks for the info on the vario Juergen, It's sure saved me from wasting more money on what is turning out to be a flawed system telemetry.

As for the 9X, it wont be getting my money. At the end of the day its no real improvement over the A9, just a few additional features to allow advertising bragging rights.
VideoKing is offline Find More Posts by VideoKing
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 01, 2013, 07:48 AM
Jim in the Desert
cloud_9's Avatar
United States, NM, Las Cruces
Joined Aug 2007
1,262 Posts
Subscribed.
cloud_9 is offline Find More Posts by cloud_9
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Drill Sizes
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 01, 2013, 07:48 AM
F3B
satinet's Avatar
Warwickshire, England
Joined Sep 2006
5,488 Posts
I'm quite pleased with the 9x upgrades. Particularly as a glider flying they seem to address a number of areas that could have been improved on the A9.

you might say things like the ability to copy flight conditions should have been in the a9 software from day one, but it does look like a pretty good feature set for the price of the TX.

Assuming it is will be priced on usual hitec lines.

What we need now is the end of mandatory sensor station hell and we are doing well.
satinet is online now Find More Posts by satinet
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 01, 2013, 07:50 AM
Registered User
LI, New York, USA
Joined Mar 2003
24,040 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by skyrock View Post
Is SLT a step backward?

First, if I understand it correctly, using the SLT protocol will even limit the A9 to 8 channels
Second, any plane we want to fly with SLT, needs special SLT RX's onboard

This is like having equipped the A9 just with a module from another vendor, but now with the A9X we will be limited just to one, SLT.

Juergen
Understand the goal and you understand the feature. Hitec is going to leverage the TX-R offerings of Hobbico. Most are 6 channels or less so even if the SLT limit is 6 that is not a big deal. If it is 8, even better.

What other, non-module radio, supports two completely different protocols, one brand specific and one open standard? None that I know of.

I think this is very very cool!
aeajr is offline Find More Posts by aeajr
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 01, 2013, 07:51 AM
Jim in the Desert
cloud_9's Avatar
United States, NM, Las Cruces
Joined Aug 2007
1,262 Posts
subscribed
cloud_9 is offline Find More Posts by cloud_9
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Drill Sizes
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
For Sale FS - Hitec 600mah 9.6V NiCd Transmitter Battery Pack - Good Condition freedomflyer Aircraft - Electric - Batteries & Chargers (FS/W) 4 Aug 07, 2006 04:15 AM
WANT! Hitec Flash 5 Transmitter! jocappy Aircraft - Electric - Airplanes (FS/W) 1 Jun 13, 2002 10:04 AM
Wanted >= 4 channel Hitec (or compatable) Transmitter OverHeadCam Aircraft - Electric - Airplanes (FS/W) 3 May 28, 2002 10:56 AM
FS Hitec Prism 7X Transmitter mt_100 Aircraft - Electric - Airplanes (FS/W) 2 May 20, 2002 07:30 AM
WTB: Hitec Flash 5 Transmitter stevevanwagner Aircraft - Electric - Airplanes (FS/W) 0 Feb 20, 2002 10:29 PM