HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jan 21, 2013, 05:31 AM
United Kingdom, England, Kent
Joined Dec 2010
786 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SimonChambers View Post
The charger is a standard 3pin, fully moulded, cheapy constant current charger[/URL], with no auto shut-off. I.e. Crap!
You could get a 3pin to EU plug adapter, but that'll probably be worth more than the charger.
The standard pack is a 8-cell 1300mAh NiMh. IIRC the same size pack as your Optic 6. The A9 has a smaller charge socket than the Optic 6, so you'd need an adapter. Can't remember the sizes off the top of my head. AT probably can help you here.
Si.
I must have got a Friday night special A9, as mine came with a SIX CELL transmitter battery pack.....................
VideoKing is offline Find More Posts by VideoKing
Last edited by VideoKing; Jan 21, 2013 at 06:18 AM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 21, 2013, 06:58 AM
Radio? Screwdriver!
United Kingdom, England, Bristol
Joined Aug 2011
991 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by VideoKing View Post

I must have got a Friday night special A9, as mine came with a SIX CELL transmitter battery pack.....................
Oops, I shouldn't post at 2AM! I think my post might have been a Friday night special...

Yes as you and AT have pointed out, the stock pack is 6 cells, not 8. I'll update my post in case anyone comes to it through a search.

Si.
SimonChambers is offline Find More Posts by SimonChambers
RCG Plus Member
Old Jan 21, 2013, 08:36 AM
Joined Oct 2008
473 Posts
Help with Elevator to Camber mix (ELE-CAM)

Please, How to have the snap flaps kick in only when the elavator is at 50% up?
Thanks
miche is offline Find More Posts by miche
Old Jan 21, 2013, 10:28 AM
Indonesia
Joined Feb 2012
62 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirt-Torpedo View Post
I never had problems like that until I updated to 1.09(0), and then it would consistently lock up (every time) I pressed "yes" in response to "Ready to transmit?".

This problem persisted until I removed my Spectra 2.4 module and reseated it.
i have same problem after using 1.09, sometimes lock up and i should plug off the batery to fix it. So for your situation, after reseated the spectra module the problem not happen anymore?
Azka Anindya is offline Find More Posts by Azka Anindya
Old Jan 21, 2013, 11:11 AM
Arcee Moron
The Netherlands
Joined Jun 2012
925 Posts
Thanks Si and Allen for the info on charger and battery's!
Justapoke is offline Find More Posts by Justapoke
Old Jan 21, 2013, 12:30 PM
The truth will prevail
Westbury, NY
Joined Nov 2009
683 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnathanSwift View Post
Dude, I think "fraud" is a little over the top: negligence, maybe.

I usually enjoy your posts!
Well may be, but we all know the difference between an altimeter and a variometer.
So , how would you call it, when a company sells a "Variometer" and the customer gets an "Altimeter" ?

Btw. I have one thing to correct from my posting # 23320.

The constant voice output of the HTS-Voice for the variometer altitude is 1165 m. Same time the A9 shows a correct altitude measured by the variometer of 1m . So something is wrong when telemetry data from the Spectra modul are transferred to the HTS-Voice, or the new firmware of the HTS-Voice (1.04) isn't working properly.

Juergen
skyrock is offline Find More Posts by skyrock
Old Jan 21, 2013, 02:29 PM
Hitec/Multiplex USA
Poway, California, United States
Joined Sep 2000
4,200 Posts
You would reset the altitude on the voice by holding the function button down when it is announced. This will reset it to ground level not above sea level. Agreed that the Vario is not how it needs to be. We're looking into how to make it better but are limited in our options.

I'll throw this our there... there is another option. Alan Cocconi who is designer of our soon to be available brushless servos has taken it upon himself to build his own telemetry and voice system that works with the A9. The vario output through the voice module is very good and indicates the speed of the accent or decent as a true vario should. The big thing they have been using this with is Dynamic Soaring where he has gyro based stabilization system that makes these planes fly much easier at the high speeds they are capably of reaching although I believe he does have a version without the stability system.

There's a video here:
Gyro assist and Stability Systems - "Way of the Future??" (20 min 1 sec)

Info posted here: http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...2&postcount=75

Mike.
MikeMayberry is offline Find More Posts by MikeMayberry
Old Jan 21, 2013, 03:16 PM
Chop it, cut it, bash it
United States, CA, La Caņada Flintridge
Joined Jul 2011
5,768 Posts
I heard that all the government guys want brushless servos for their drones. What will be the trickle down to us RC guys.
quitcherbitchen is online now Find More Posts by quitcherbitchen
Old Jan 21, 2013, 04:06 PM
Hitec/Multiplex USA
Joined Sep 2000
4,200 Posts
6 new brushless servos are due shortly. They are standard sized in two different models with three levels in each. There will be an ultra low power consumption version with a standard case and steel gears which will retail for around $115. The highest torque version is 361in/oz. The other version which still draws less than half of our current high end servos will come with a heat-sink case and Titanium gears with the highest toque version putting out a whopping 539in/oz of torque. These will retail for around $175.

Mike.
Old Jan 21, 2013, 04:17 PM
OOPS
USA, GA, Cochran
Joined Jun 2008
20,175 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by quitcherbitchen View Post
I heard that all the government guys want brushless servos for their drones. What will be the trickle down to us RC guys.
makes sense to get the most mileage from the batteries ya need low power consumption components.
very neat
Manta1 is offline Find More Posts by Manta1
Old Jan 22, 2013, 05:36 AM
United Kingdom, England, Kent
Joined Dec 2010
786 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeMayberry View Post
You would reset the altitude on the voice by holding the function button down when it is announced. This will reset it to ground level not above sea level. Agreed that the Vario is not how it needs to be. We're looking into how to make it better but are limited in our options.

I'll throw this our there... there is another option. Alan Cocconi who is designer of our soon to be available brushless servos has taken it upon himself to build his own telemetry and voice system that works with the A9. The vario output through the voice module is very good and indicates the speed of the accent or decent as a true vario should.

Mike.
Just interested Mike. Did he "hack" the HTS-Voice firmware himself or did Hitec give him the source code to play with.
VideoKing is offline Find More Posts by VideoKing
Old Jan 22, 2013, 11:36 AM
Hitec/Multiplex USA
Joined Sep 2000
4,200 Posts
He bought the cases and used his own electronics/code.

Mike.
Old Jan 23, 2013, 10:49 AM
Ipoh, Perak Malaysia
Joined Jul 2006
4,011 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Justapoke View Post
Those are nice UK deals for the Aurora 9, very tempting to order one now..

What should I do, try and hold my breath for 2 weeks longer on the new model?

I want to upgrade from my Optic 6 s. before the season starts, let's just hope the new version will be a step forward, and available in time. If not I hope I don't miss out on a good deal for the 'old' 9.
I am sure it will be available "in" time but, given their past performance, I doubt that it will be available "on" time.

regards,

chewy
chewytm is offline Find More Posts by chewytm
Old Jan 23, 2013, 03:05 PM
You are a "go" for reentry
High Orbit.....
Joined Jun 2009
6,690 Posts
Maxthrottle is online now Find More Posts by Maxthrottle
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Freewing 90mm F-16C
Old Jan 23, 2013, 06:32 PM
Barbados
Joined Jan 2011
2,144 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by acesimmer View Post
I've seen several A9 brand new in box on Ebay around the $250.00 mark. No RX just the TX
I've done some homework and it seems you get a better deal buying the Rx's seperately.Better yet you could be up in the air with this A9 $250 Tx and a HK 8 channel minima for $20 but no telemetry,that's only like $50 more than if you bought an Optic 6 and a Rx.
The Tug is online now Find More Posts by The Tug