United Kingdom, England, Kent
Joined Dec 2010
772 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SimonChambers View Post
Great deal for an Aurora 9 in the UK: http://www.airtekhobbies.com/aurora9.html
200 ($320) for a A9 with Optima 7 Rx
220 ($350) for a A9 with Optima 9 Rx
I think I paid around 280 ($445) for my A9 with an Optima 9, year before last.

I wouldn't be surprised if these sort of offers won't continue until the new A9 comes out and replaces it.
Si.
Looks like all the UK dealers are heavily discounting the A9 so your theory on stock clearing is looking right.

Best I've found is 199 for A9 plus 7 ch Rx. http://www.tjdmodels.com/aurora-9-24...ml?cPath=16_46

Edit, sorry I see you already said you have seen that price...
VideoKing is offline Find More Posts by VideoKing
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 20, 2013, 08:35 AM
United Kingdom, Glos
Joined Feb 2009
593 Posts
There's a further 10 off at Airtek if you are on their e-mail list, also had an e-mail from Ashford Models with discounted Hitec sets. Multiplex have also reduced the price of the Royal Pro sets, probably to make room for the new Profi sets due end of Feb, could these be related.............

Conspiracy theories please
FrankS is online now Find More Posts by FrankS
Old Jan 20, 2013, 09:24 AM
Proud member of LISF and ESL
LI, New York, USA
Joined Mar 2003
24,521 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4*60 View Post
DM8 readily available at esprit models all alone or with rx and probably many other places. The HK module may be a bit different because I think it handles different voltage input(wider range??) iirc.
The DM8 for Futaba remaps the channels to Spektrum/JR standard so you map properly for the BnF planes.

The HK module does not.
aeajr is online now Find More Posts by aeajr
Old Jan 20, 2013, 03:22 PM
Portugal, Porto
Joined Sep 2009
20 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by aeajr View Post
The DM8 for Futaba remaps the channels to Spektrum/JR standard so you map properly for the BnF planes.

The HK module does not.
But can't the remapping be done on the radio instead? Aurora 9 allows remapping.
SPJM is offline Find More Posts by SPJM
Old Jan 20, 2013, 03:24 PM
Arcee Moron
The Netherlands
Joined Jun 2012
919 Posts
Those are nice UK deals for the Aurora 9, very tempting to order one now..

What should I do, try and hold my breath for 2 weeks longer on the new model?

I want to upgrade from my Optic 6 s. before the season starts, let's just hope the new version will be a step forward, and available in time. If not I hope I don't miss out on a good deal for the 'old' 9.
Justapoke is offline Find More Posts by Justapoke
Old Jan 20, 2013, 03:26 PM
Joined Aug 2002
5,811 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SPJM View Post
But can't the remapping be done on the radio instead? Aurora 9 allows remapping.
Aurora 9 provides for user selection of channels but not for mapping of the channels, refer JR/Spektrum not compatible under:
Hitec Aurora 9 - Trainer / Buddy system Master & Slave function Set-up. - & Data Transfer A9<>A9 etc.
- Also covers Eclipse 7 Pro & other Hitec RCD transmitters.

Alan T.
Alan's Hobby, Model & RC FAQ Web Links
A.T. is offline Find More Posts by A.T.
Old Jan 20, 2013, 04:07 PM
Radio? Screwdriver!
United Kingdom, England, Bristol
Joined Aug 2011
962 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Justapoke View Post
Those are nice UK deals for the Aurora 9, very tempting to order one now..

What should I do, try and hold my breath for 2 weeks longer on the new model?

I want to upgrade from my Optic 6 s. before the season starts, let's just hope the new version will be a step forward, and available in time. If not I hope I don't miss out on a good deal for the 'old' 9.
I don't think it will get any cheaper - not least in the short term, so the decision depends on if your likely to get the new version when it comes out. If you see the A9 doing everything that you think you'll need, then get it. If you think the A9 is short of features that may be implemented in the new version, then wait to see what is announced.

Stock wise, if they're selling for that and they are making a profit, I will imagine they'll keep the wheels rolling and keep shipping them at that price. I'd be surprised if they don't keep them at that price, as otherwise what will tempt users to keep buying the A9 (and thus make Hitec money) when a new version is on the horizon - which they can wait for?

However I can't make the final call for you, so I'll leave that up to you!

Si.
SimonChambers is offline Find More Posts by SimonChambers
RCG Plus Member
Old Jan 20, 2013, 04:18 PM
Jacksonville, FL
Joined Jan 2006
179 Posts
Voice Telemetry

I just loaded the latest version of the HP-22 and upgraded my voice to 1.04 and the unit only announced the sensors that were plugged in and skipped the rest. I was using the Nitro-SS. The only exception was it kept saying zero fuel even though there was no sensor. That was also using the default level of voice and not the custom one where you can turn off sensors you don't want. I know on the custom level it didn't tell me the fuel level and when I disconnected a temperature sensor it stopped saying it's value.
bettsmums is offline Find More Posts by bettsmums
Old Jan 20, 2013, 04:44 PM
Arcee Moron
The Netherlands
Joined Jun 2012
919 Posts
My wish list for the new model: build in voice + tone function that works with the variometer (I understand that the current A9 voice module does not function as a real Vario)
Also a LCD on top with telemetry data would be great. (Like the Multiplex Tx - see pic) On the bottom the touch-screen like the current A9 for all the settings and programmering.

Other than that the current A9 has all I realy need and wish for, but I guess I best wait a few more weeks. The current price is perfect, but would not mind to pay a bit higher price in Februari if the new model does not turn out as what I'm hoping for.

It's because of the rumours on the new version, that I did not find a A9 under the christmastree. The waiting time does get very frustrating !

Last edited by Justapoke; Jan 20, 2013 at 04:58 PM. Reason: Added pic.
Old Jan 20, 2013, 04:53 PM
United States, NV, Fernley
Joined Oct 2011
2,113 Posts
I've seen several A9 brand new in box on Ebay around the $250.00 mark. No RX just the TX
acesimmer is offline Find More Posts by acesimmer
Old Jan 20, 2013, 05:11 PM
Arcee Moron
The Netherlands
Joined Jun 2012
919 Posts
Bingo!
Old Jan 20, 2013, 05:33 PM
Addicted to 3DHS and EF
ohio
Joined Oct 2010
4,686 Posts
Quote:
Bingo!
good Photoshop, it had me for a few seconds.
3Daddict is offline Find More Posts by 3Daddict
Old Jan 20, 2013, 06:28 PM
Arcee Moron
The Netherlands
Joined Jun 2012
919 Posts
Question for Si or any other UK member: If I order the A9 from the UK, what about the plug on the charger. Can this simple be replaced with a EU 'Shuko" plug like we use in the Netherlands?
Old Jan 20, 2013, 08:58 PM
Radio? Screwdriver!
United Kingdom, England, Bristol
Joined Aug 2011
962 Posts
Quote:
Question for Si or any other UK member: If I order the A9 from the UK, what about the plug on the charger. Can this simple be replaced with a EU 'Shuko" plug like we use in the Netherlands?
Most chuck out the charger and upgrade to a LiPo.

The charger is a standard 3pin, fully moulded, cheapy constant current charger, with no auto shut-off. I.e. Crap!

You could get a 3pin to EU plug adapter, but that'll probably be worth more than the charger.

The standard pack is a 8-cell 6-cell 1300mAh NiMh. IIRC the same size pack as your Optic 6. The A9 has a smaller charge socket than the Optic 6, so you'd need an adapter. Can't remember the sizes off the top of my head. AT probably can help you here.

Si.
SimonChambers is offline Find More Posts by SimonChambers
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by SimonChambers; Jan 21, 2013 at 06:59 AM. Reason: Corrected mistakes
Old Jan 20, 2013, 10:20 PM
Joined Aug 2002
5,811 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SimonChambers View Post
Most chuck out the charger and upgrade to a LiPo.

The charger is a standard 3pin, fully moulded, cheapy constant current charger, with no auto shut-off. I.e. Crap!
You could get a 3pin to EU plug adapter, but that'll probably be worth more than the charger.
The standard pack is a 8-cell 1300mAh NiMh. IIRC the same size pack as your Optic 6. The A9 has a smaller charge socket than the Optic 6, so you'd need an adapter. Can't remember the sizes off the top of my head. AT probably can help you here.
Si.
"The standard pack is a 8-cell 1300mAh NiMh. IIRC the same size pack as your Optic 6. "
This is incorrect, the Aurora 9's standard pack is a 6 cell NiMH pack, an Optic 6 has an 8 cell NiCD/NiMH pack.

The Optic 6 Sport does have a 6 cell pack but in a triangle shape, they are not interchangeable with an A9 battery pack.

. Aurora 9 - Battery Installed ex Factory is part #54128 "TX NiMH battery (6 cell) Pack (Flat Type)
for AUR (RA9) 7.2v / 1300 MAh" (not an Eneloop 2000)..
.... Includes notes on Battery Compartment Size, Alternate Batteries and 2S Lipo Capabilities for Aurora & Optima RX.

. Hitec Aurora, Eclipse, Flash, Optic & Prism series TX - Lipo and Field / Fast Charging

. Aurora 9 - 110/230 Vac charger Charge Plug & adapter sizes.
...[Red LED Does Not Change to Green simply dims out whilst charge continues same rate].

Alan T.
Alan's Hobby, Model & RC FAQ Web Links
A.T. is offline Find More Posts by A.T.