HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jan 14, 2013, 03:46 PM
United States, AK, Anchorage
Joined Oct 2011
4,766 Posts
Quote:
I surely hope Hitec will make the update to the A9 a significant one. If they do not, my fear is they will fall further behind into those manufacturers of history rather than making history as they did with the A9. So please, make the leap. Show Futaba and Spektrum the innovation that does exist within Hitec/Multiplex.
I find that statement somewhat funny as Futaba has just recently released a radio that the everyday flyer could afford that finally could do stuff the A9 already can. I am talking about telemetry... there sensors are close to out of reach for me. The touch screen still isn't available unless you spend $1400 and yet you need to pay much more for a touch screen with telemetry. I do hope that Hitec comes out with a more technological touch screen with the new model along the lines of the iPhone, hopefully working around lawsuits that samsung has gone through. Also, a more expansive RX supply would be nice with remote sats and s-bus connections for modern FBL controllers. Higher volt rated RX spc (greater then 35V) and higher end models with integrated telemetry into the RX. The broad supply of RXs is where Spektrum surpasses Hitec... other then that neither Spektrum nor Futaba is leaps and bounds ahead of Hitec. And for you guys that need it a built in "model match". Do look forward to what the new model offers.
bryansifsof44 is online now Find More Posts by bryansifsof44
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Weights for planes
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 14, 2013, 04:02 PM
USA, CA, Pismo Beach
Joined Oct 2007
1,410 Posts
Please explain why anyone would wish for remote satellite Rx's. As far as I can tell, the only reason for their existence is owing to inadequate sensitivity of the primary Rx.
Greywing is offline Find More Posts by Greywing
Old Jan 14, 2013, 04:17 PM
Joined Oct 2011
4,766 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greywing View Post
Please explain why anyone would wish for remote satellite Rx's. As far as I can tell, the only reason for their existence is owing to inadequate sensitivity of the primary Rx.
So I could plug them directly into a FBL controller... save having to wire in or the need for a traditional RX. Save weight and wires... servos plug directly into the FBL controller.

Something like this
http://www.rcheliresource.com/wp-con...4/DSC_1991.jpg

Edit:
This will
http://www.rcheliaddict.co.uk/attach...r-untitled.jpg
save from having to do this
http://www.helifreak.com/attachment....1&d=1354246522
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by bryansifsof44; Jan 14, 2013 at 04:28 PM.
Old Jan 14, 2013, 04:39 PM
Proud member of LISF and ESL
LI, New York, USA
Joined Mar 2003
24,574 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greywing View Post
A remote receive is just another approach to combat masking, the situation where the antenna is hidden behind something that blocks the signal. Most receivers use a pair of antenna, sometimes one long and one short, accomplish the same thing.
aeajr is offline Find More Posts by aeajr
Old Jan 14, 2013, 07:24 PM
USA, CA, Pismo Beach
Joined Oct 2007
1,410 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by aeajr View Post
A remote receive is just another approach to combat masking, the situation where the antenna is hidden behind something that blocks the signal. Most receivers use a pair of antenna, sometimes one long and one short, accomplish the same thing.
Exactly. Which is what Hitec does where it finds a single antenna inadequate, e.g. Optima 9 and Minima. If the problem is with regard to control signal distribution, a second receiver is at best an inelegant solution.
Greywing is offline Find More Posts by Greywing
Old Jan 14, 2013, 07:43 PM
Joined Oct 2011
4,766 Posts
Only thing I am looking for is a RX solution that will keep me from having all the wires... it had nothing to do with the need for a second RX. Even a s-bus solution will cut wires down to one between RX and FBL controller as with Futaba. I however would prefer the satellite approach... preferably one satellite RX needed.
RCG Plus Member
Old Jan 14, 2013, 08:28 PM
Registered Crasher
United States, TX, Coppell
Joined Feb 2011
2,226 Posts
The aftermarket minima compatible versions can so ppm out for FBL units.... In that mode the little 5ch outputs all 9 channels.
jtaylor996 is offline Find More Posts by jtaylor996
Old Jan 14, 2013, 08:34 PM
Joined Oct 2011
4,766 Posts
how reliable is the aftermarket RX and do you know the range?

Edit:
Also, what wiring is needed?
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by bryansifsof44; Jan 14, 2013 at 08:40 PM.
Old Jan 14, 2013, 08:56 PM
Addicted to 3DHS and EF
United States, OH, Bristolville
Joined Oct 2010
4,740 Posts
If Hitec is releasing a new radio and receivers will they still sell their current receivers? I hope so as I do not want to buy another radio right now.
3Daddict is offline Find More Posts by 3Daddict
Old Jan 14, 2013, 08:57 PM
Ipoh, Perak Malaysia
Joined Jul 2006
4,012 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by acesimmer View Post
How would recycling the TX switch without the battery clear anything?
Put the battery back in before u switch it back on. Like you said, without the batts, nothing happens.....

chewy
chewytm is offline Find More Posts by chewytm
Old Jan 14, 2013, 09:13 PM
Registered Crasher
United States, TX, Coppell
Joined Feb 2011
2,226 Posts
Actually, there is still residual power in capacitors that needs to be drained as described, or it may not power down fully. Do what the man said.
jtaylor996 is offline Find More Posts by jtaylor996
Old Jan 14, 2013, 09:20 PM
...just an earth bound misfit
Joined Mar 2010
660 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bryansifsof44 View Post
how reliable is the aftermarket RX and do you know the range?

Edit:
Also, what wiring is needed?
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...&postcount=317

One servo cable from FBL to RX. The HK-Minima 8 has dual antennas and is "full range" > 1.5 km range. Nothing wrong with it. Requires 3.5-16V power, so is fine for a wide range of flight packs or decent BECs.

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...mpatible_.html
Dirt-Torpedo is offline Find More Posts by Dirt-Torpedo
Old Jan 14, 2013, 09:21 PM
United States, GA, Acworth
Joined Mar 2011
4,360 Posts
i hope they at least do something with a SD card so we dont have to screw with the stupid programmer box
shadow102 is online now Find More Posts by shadow102
Old Jan 14, 2013, 09:29 PM
United States, NV, Fernley
Joined Oct 2011
2,135 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by A.T. View Post
Same as when cycling your PC switch or other electronics after disconnecting from wall socket.
Method is used to clear any residual power which may have been left in capacitors or other electronics and
without which could continue problem.

Alan T.
I know of that but it seems that the switch is electronically connected not mechanical. I have had to shut off the switch during data update failures with no effect in regards to shutting down the system. This causes me to have to physically disconnect the battery. And no it is not a capacitor keeping the system running has I have sat for several minutes while it is still turned off and a full semi functioning TX and display? So leads me to think it is a soft switch.
acesimmer is offline Find More Posts by acesimmer
Old Jan 14, 2013, 09:33 PM
Joined Oct 2011
4,766 Posts
I like being able to update and program through the computer like I do everything else. ie: FBL controller, servos, ESCs, BECs, and RXs
RCG Plus Member