HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Oct 31, 2012, 01:32 PM
Hitec/Multiplex USA
Poway, California, United States
Joined Sep 2000
4,172 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paint Man View Post
I am missing something here. First of all, I have not been able to get %50 on the monitor using the Aux and p-mix. Second, how can the throttle go above %100.
Third, I would love to just have and EPA adjustment in the launch condition as that would be the easiest way to solve the problem. So far when I try this last EPA adjustment it does not affect the monitor at all.
This is the model file with the throttle assigned to H for full throttle and G for 50%.

Mike.
MikeMayberry is offline Find More Posts by MikeMayberry
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 01, 2012, 01:55 AM
Ipoh, Perak Malaysia
Joined Jul 2006
3,923 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luis_Claudio View Post
Lesson learned. Iīll buy a good esc like GWS. Iīll also solder the extra cable
between the Battery and the ESC and put the socket of that cable into the SPC-socket of the receiver. The Esc connector, Iīll plug in the channel 3, ok?

Could you please tell me a number to set a warning level for this voltage according to 2 and 3 cells ?

To the Minima 6E receiver we donīt have this SPC tool, isnīt it?

Thank you so much for you effort helping me!

Luis Claudio
I am not sure about the new GWS esc, but the old ones were not up to my standards, and I won't put them in my planes.

Try for something better, if you can afford it.

chewy
chewytm is online now Find More Posts by chewytm
Old Nov 01, 2012, 02:23 AM
Ipoh, Perak Malaysia
Joined Jul 2006
3,923 Posts
Luis,

The Turnigy Plush 40A with linear bec is reasonably good: http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...ontroller.html

A better but more expensive 40A is this one with a selectable 5.25v/6v SBEC : http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...hless_ESC.html

If you need higher amps, these seems ok as I have a few of them in my edf jets: http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...w_5A_SBEC.html

chewy
chewytm is online now Find More Posts by chewytm
Last edited by chewytm; Nov 01, 2012 at 02:32 AM.
Old Nov 01, 2012, 04:30 AM
How close are those trees?
Perth, Western Australia
Joined Apr 2008
1,785 Posts
Need to Re-Bind??

I had an 'incident' with my Starmax A-1 Skyraider the other day resulting in a heavy landing.

The only visible damage was the retracts which I replaced today.

However when I powered the plane up with its Hitec 9ch rxer I noticed the following;

- The ESC/motor continued to beep slowly
- The rest of the channels (including throttle!!) appeared to be working in a delayed/slow-motion
- Voltage wasn't being displayed on the radio

After trying different ESCs etc the problem was finally solved by just re-binding the receiver.

The only think I can think of is that there may have been a spike or something caused by the retracts failing??

I was just wondering if this was a common issue with this system?
Goody63 is online now Find More Posts by Goody63
Old Nov 01, 2012, 04:49 AM
Luis Claudio - Rio - Brazil
Brasil, RJ, Rio de Janeiro
Joined Apr 2005
2,355 Posts
Yesterday i bought the gws esc on hobbyking , but I'll buy one of there 3 you postes to me. We need to pay a few more but be safe.

Thank you so much,
Luis

Quote:
Originally Posted by chewytm View Post
Luis,

The Turnigy Plush 40A with linear bec is reasonably good: http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...ontroller.html

A better but more expensive 40A is this one with a selectable 5.25v/6v SBEC : http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...hless_ESC.html

If you need higher amps, these seems ok as I have a few of them in my edf jets: http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...w_5A_SBEC.html

chewy
Luis_Claudio is offline Find More Posts by Luis_Claudio
Old Nov 01, 2012, 05:09 AM
Chop it, cut it, bash it
United States, CA, La Caņada Flintridge
Joined Jul 2011
4,844 Posts
I would get the SBEC Luis. Linear if tested don't usually produce their rated voltage.
quitcherbitchen is offline Find More Posts by quitcherbitchen
Old Nov 01, 2012, 05:58 AM
Joined Jul 2010
189 Posts
Quote:
I am missing something here. First of all, I have not been able to get %50 on the monitor using the Aux and p-mix. Second, how can the throttle go above %100.
Third, I would love to just have and EPA adjustment in the launch condition as that would be the easiest way to solve the problem. So far when I try this last EPA adjustment it does not affect the monitor at all.
Try using the parameter 'travel limit' instead of EPA. I believe that's the name for it - I don't have my radio in front of me currently to confirm.
EdmundGerber is offline Find More Posts by EdmundGerber
Old Nov 01, 2012, 09:37 AM
United States, MN
Joined Feb 2011
3,877 Posts
So are we ever going to get an RX with PPM out and SPC? Seriously all I want is a simple little RX with two ports PPM and SPC. That can't be hard to do. I love my A9 but the fact that we still have no name brand PPM RX to use on flybarless gyros is really starting to upset me.

Yes I know that there's the compatibles out there now, but those don't have SPC battery telemetry and I'm a little hesitant to stick it on a 500 or larger size heli.
grimbeaver is offline Find More Posts by grimbeaver
Old Nov 01, 2012, 02:48 PM
Joined Jul 2011
196 Posts
Quote:
You could try S.Limit instead of EPA, although ultimately you'd still have the problem that S.Limit isn't flight condition aware.

As is, you should be able to get throttle to 50% by applying some amount of pmix to from aux channel that you have set > 0% (by assigning a switch to it), although I understand that this isn't going to be enough to accomplish exactly what you want.

If you think of the throttle as just another servo, as is the case with IC engines, you can see how throttle could be > 100%.
jsipprell is offline Find More Posts by jsipprell
Old Nov 01, 2012, 06:22 PM
Luis Claudio - Rio - Brazil
Brasil, RJ, Rio de Janeiro
Joined Apr 2005
2,355 Posts
You mean this one here?

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...hless_ESC.html

Quote:
Originally Posted by quitcherbitchen View Post
I would get the SBEC Luis. Linear if tested don't usually produce their rated voltage.
Luis_Claudio is offline Find More Posts by Luis_Claudio
Old Nov 01, 2012, 06:28 PM
...just an earth bound misfit
Joined Mar 2010
641 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by grimbeaver View Post
So are we ever going to get an RX with PPM out and SPC? Seriously all I want is a simple little RX with two ports PPM and SPC. That can't be hard to do. I love my A9 but the fact that we still have no name brand PPM RX to use on flybarless gyros is really starting to upset me.

Yes I know that there's the compatibles out there now, but those don't have SPC battery telemetry and I'm a little hesitant to stick it on a 500 or larger size heli.
It's nearly a fact that all RC helis auger in, eventually, so the problem is really one of risk management. There are alternatives to using SPC in mitigating the risk of brownout; quality BECs (standalone or on quality ESCs), buffer packs, standalone receiver packs, good build and maintenance practices, good designs, servo setups that can't bind.

Are you asking for voltage telemetry too?
Dirt-Torpedo is offline Find More Posts by Dirt-Torpedo
Old Nov 01, 2012, 06:47 PM
Chop it, cut it, bash it
United States, CA, La Caņada Flintridge
Joined Jul 2011
4,844 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luis_Claudio View Post
No. No Switch style BEC. I have had good luck with Hobbywing from Hobbypartz. Their funfly or pentium are abused weekly in some of my planes without a separate UBEC. I honestly don't own any of the Turnigy ESCs.
quitcherbitchen is offline Find More Posts by quitcherbitchen
Old Nov 01, 2012, 07:24 PM
Radio? Screwdriver!
United Kingdom, England, Bristol
Joined Aug 2011
907 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by quitcherbitchen View Post
No. No Switch style BEC. I have had good luck with Hobbywing from Hobbypartz. Their funfly or pentium are abused weekly in some of my planes without a separate UBEC. I honestly don't own any of the Turnigy ESCs.
Turnigy Plush == Hobbywing Funfly (was Pentium).
Turnigy K-Force == Hobbywing Platinum.

IIRC.

Si.
SimonChambers is offline Find More Posts by SimonChambers
RCG Plus Member
Old Nov 01, 2012, 08:59 PM
United States, MN
Joined Feb 2011
3,877 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirt-Torpedo View Post
It's nearly a fact that all RC helis auger in, eventually, so the problem is really one of risk management. There are alternatives to using SPC in mitigating the risk of brownout; quality BECs (standalone or on quality ESCs), buffer packs, standalone receiver packs, good build and maintenance practices, good designs, servo setups that can't bind.

Are you asking for voltage telemetry too?
Sorry I wasn't clear. All I really care about is voltage telemetry, not looking to use SPC for the other reasons you listed.
grimbeaver is offline Find More Posts by grimbeaver
Old Nov 01, 2012, 11:46 PM
USA, WA, Seattle
Joined Oct 2005
730 Posts
I'd like to be able to setup a plane so that I can fly it with my main tx, but then also be able to let friends fly it with my back tx while I fly something else with my main tx. It would be great if I could bind two transmitters to one receiver but (not surprisingly) that does not seem to be possible. (just tried it tonight with no success)

So, to plan #2 - setup the plane to be able to push the bind button and just rebind each time I want to switch. The problem is the getting to the bind button might not be so convenient.

Any one have any tricks for externalizing the bind button?
balesse is offline Find More Posts by balesse