Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Oct 03, 2012, 04:13 AM
Joined Sep 2012
2 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyerMika View Post
You won't see any difference between the S/C modes before you make changes to the mix settings. If you have C, the changes will reflect to the same mix in other flight conditions. For example, you have ail->rud +10% in normal and 0 in launch (not that it would make sense for any specific mode, just an example). You have C selected in both. Now, if you increase the mix to +15% in normal, you'll have +5% in launch. On the other hand, if you have selected S for either condition, you'll end up with +15% and 0%. C will cause the same change to take place in all the conditions where C is selected.

Mika
Ahh, now that makes sense and I can see the benefits of doing this. Looks like some careful planning is in order!
Thanks
Geoff
geoff5565 is offline Find More Posts by geoff5565
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 03, 2012, 09:43 AM
liv nvrtd
United States, NC, Salisbury
Joined Jun 2007
184 Posts
Anyone using the Airboss 45amp ESC along w/ a Hitec Optima receiver and SPC?
notruthless is offline Find More Posts by notruthless
Old Oct 03, 2012, 07:59 PM
They Call him Dead!
United States, SC, Pawleys Island
Joined Jul 2003
6,576 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by notruthless View Post
Anyone using the Airboss 45amp ESC along w/ a Hitec Optima receiver and SPC?
You may want to re-post your question with more info. The issue you are having will be the same with any ESC with a BEC and a switch. It is not specific to your Airboss...
YellowJacketsRC is offline Find More Posts by YellowJacketsRC
Old Oct 04, 2012, 01:51 PM
Fayetteville, AR
Joined Jan 2010
465 Posts
Hi guys! I apologize in advance if this has been asked but I'm considering purchasing an A9 and don't want to tread through 1489 pages of forum lol.

Are the A9's still having issues with gas/glo powered planes? Was this issue completely resolved with the last firmware update? I've been slowing switching over to gas over electric lately and the last thing I want to to is buy the wrong radio! I've been using a Turnigy 9x with a FrSky module and kind of feel I need to get a serious transmitter.
bicyclemonkey is offline Find More Posts by bicyclemonkey
Old Oct 04, 2012, 02:44 PM
Joined Sep 2003
1,405 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeMayberry View Post
No, MPX went their own direction for 2.4ghz. (?????)

Mike.
Hey mike. Powering hitec with a nimh or nicd 6v harm hitec servo if it doesn't run regulator will it harm it? It tend to peak higher then 6.6v I suppose 6.6v is the max. Is it?
jcervantes11 is offline Find More Posts by jcervantes11
Old Oct 04, 2012, 04:12 PM
Joined Aug 2002
5,809 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcervantes11 View Post
Hey mike. Powering hitec with a nimh or nicd 6v harm hitec servo if it doesn't run regulator will it harm it? It tend to peak higher then 6.6v I suppose 6.6v is the max. Is it?
The 4.8V to 6.0V is the nominal voltage of NiCD/NiMH and the servo are designed to oprate on those cells fully charged.
The full charge peak does not last long on those cells and quickly drop down to a lower platform.
Other chemistry packs do pack top voltage for long periods.
As recently answered Hitec support forum: Servo Life On 6 Volts
"
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyDude View Post
Does running a digital mini servo like the HS-5245MG on 6 volts contribute to premature failure?
Or, are they rated for continuous 6 volt operation? Thanks in advance, BUD
They are rated for continuous 6 volt operation, bearing in mind that the higher the voltage,
the higher the speed produced which in turns results in more heat, together with faster
wear and tear on gear train.
. Servo - Operating Voltage Range - (Hitec) .
includes usage with NiMH, Lipol & A123 batteries

MG servo gear trains wear out faster than nylon or karbonite gears but life can be extended:
. Servo - FAQ : Metal Gear Servos - DIY Repair & Extend MG Servo Gear Life
. Digital Servo - Burnout. Cause & Prevention

Much more information on servos is available under sub sections:
"Servo - Alterations, Calculators, Databases, Leads, Repairs, Convert to an ESC or winch & FAQ".
"Servo - Digital & Brushless Servo, Programmers and Software"
below
"Radio Systems, Accessories, Alterations and FAQ" at
Alan's Hobby, Model & RC FAQ Web Links (quick search = Ctrl+F) "

Alan T.
A.T. is offline Find More Posts by A.T.
Old Oct 05, 2012, 10:10 AM
United Kingdom, England, Kent
Joined Dec 2010
727 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bicyclemonkey View Post
Hi guys! I apologize in advance if this has been asked but I'm considering purchasing an A9 and don't want to tread through 1489 pages of forum lol.

Are the A9's still having issues with gas/glo powered planes? Was this issue completely resolved with the last firmware update? I've been slowing switching over to gas over electric lately and the last thing I want to to is buy the wrong radio! I've been using a Turnigy 9x with a FrSky module and kind of feel I need to get a serious transmitter.
As far as I know, there never was an issue with gas/glow planes and the A9.

I believe there was an issue with the opto-isolator type gas cut out switches but that was resolved with a receiver & transmitter firmware upgrade ages ago.
VideoKing is offline Find More Posts by VideoKing
Old Oct 05, 2012, 10:45 AM
Israel, Jerusalem
Joined May 2007
124 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bicyclemonkey View Post

I am using the A9 with gas and glow without any problems.
However, in all my gas models, i take care to separate completely the radio system from the engine.
All the radio, battery, servos and switch are in the center of the model, as far back as possible. All the engine electronics, ignition, battery and switch are close to the engine.
The necessary connections between the two, the throttle and kill switch are operated through non conducting Nyrods between the front of the plane and the back or center, where these servos are located.
If you keep these precautions, I am sure you will never have a problem, be it with the A9 or any other modern radio.
S_YORAM1@BEZEQIN is online now Find More Posts by S_YORAM1@BEZEQIN
Old Oct 06, 2012, 07:41 PM
as much as I can
NZ
Joined Jan 2010
4,785 Posts
Am I correct in thinking that switching between Optima and Minima bind mode does not upset the binding of previous Optimas?
beenflying is offline Find More Posts by beenflying
Old Oct 06, 2012, 07:46 PM
United States, MI, Onsted
Joined May 2012
51 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by beenflying View Post
Am I correct in thinking that switching between Optima and Minima bind mode does not upset the binding of previous Optimas?
You are correct. I had 3 models setup when I switched modes to bind the minima for my Crack Yak. All 3 models with the optima had no issues.
Mark Meyers is offline Find More Posts by Mark Meyers
Old Oct 06, 2012, 07:59 PM
as much as I can
NZ
Joined Jan 2010
4,785 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Meyers View Post
You are correct. I had 3 models setup when I switched modes to bind the minima for my Crack Yak. All 3 models with the optima had no issues.
Thanks.
beenflying is offline Find More Posts by beenflying
Old Oct 06, 2012, 09:41 PM
Canada, BC, Vancouver
Joined Feb 2012
652 Posts
Any ideas on too low and voltage for proper transmission? I had a crash in my trex 550 seems to be caused by a lockout but i was in close in a spot ive flown many times beforr
elliott000 is offline Find More Posts by elliott000
Old Oct 06, 2012, 09:53 PM
How close are those trees?
Perth, Western Australia
Joined Apr 2008
1,817 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by beenflying View Post
As a brand new A9er; I had the same concern when I bound my first 'non-optima' receiver (actually the HK 8ch).

However it went back to the normal optima/telemetry bounding for the next optima receiver I used.
Goody63 is online now Find More Posts by Goody63
Old Oct 07, 2012, 12:13 AM
Joined Aug 2002
5,809 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by elliott000 View Post
Any ideas on too low and voltage for proper transmission?
I had a crash in my trex 550 seems to be caused by a lockout but i was in close in a spot ive flown many times beforr
1. "but i was in close in a spot"
meaning you were very close to the heli? with possibility of Tx held in such a way signal was blocked?

2. Normal range should be expected until the Tx LBW is heard, after which range decreases
rapidly as relative to battery chemistry.

. AFHSS - Warning Beeps Aurora 9 & Spectra 2.4Ghz Module
- Interpret & Manage the Independent Alarms. extract:
3. Aurora & Optic Sport TX - Low Transmitter Battery Alarms:
Aurora - The alarm is fixed at 6.9v no matter what type of battery you use which still gives you plenty
of time to land after it goes off.
[Aurora low TX battery alarm - beep beep= 1 sec pause= 1 sec beep beep= 1 sec pause = 1 sec etc
-beware of strange beeps if timer starts at same time intermingling single & double beeps]

3. Optima Transceiver (RX) - Low Battery Warning
settings for both Aurora & Spectra 2.4Ghz module.
Adjustable LBW Voltage Alerts V1.07 up (not available V1.04<06).

Alan T.
Alan's Hobby, Model & RC FAQ Web Links
A.T. is offline Find More Posts by A.T.
Old Oct 07, 2012, 09:12 AM
Proud RC Addict
United States, UT, American Fork
Joined Nov 2009
1,552 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by elliott000 View Post
Any ideas on too low and voltage for proper transmission? I had a crash in my trex 550 seems to be caused by a lockout but i was in close in a spot ive flown many times beforr
How do you power the Rx? Much more likely a brownout than a radio signal problem.
dennisjm is offline Find More Posts by dennisjm