HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Aug 28, 2012, 11:34 AM
risoaringclub.org
United States, RI, Providence
Joined Sep 2005
17 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnathanSwift View Post
It's a very, very fine radio. l use a voice module for continuous main battery monitoring-no need for a timer or for old eyes to look down! Now, some folks don't like the voice, or what it says, but I find it quite helpful!
i need to get a voice.... those timers are, tuff on the eyes!
i can just imagine looking down & losing the sailplane
k8zfj is online now Find More Posts by k8zfj
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 28, 2012, 11:44 AM
Suspended Account
Greenland
Joined Mar 2012
9,069 Posts
It is very cheap, and has a nice oriental female voice, and you can change the announcement times.

I love it.
JohnathanSwift is online now Find More Posts by JohnathanSwift
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old Aug 28, 2012, 11:52 AM
RC Flying Rules!
Winchester, VA.
Joined Feb 2004
215 Posts
JohnathanSwift

Question: I have the voice module and would like to do the same thing. How did you do it?
Did tap the battery voltage to the spc connector on the receiver?

Thanks!

VRF201 (Roy)
VRF201 is offline Find More Posts by VRF201
Old Aug 28, 2012, 12:00 PM
Suspended Account
Greenland
Joined Mar 2012
9,069 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by VRF201 View Post
JohnathanSwift

Question: I have the voice module and would like to do the same thing. How did you do it?
Did tap the battery voltage to the spc connector on the receiver?

Thanks!

VRF201 (Roy)
Yes, that is the only telemetry I use: main to spc, and she'll be all over you like a cheap suit! If, like me, you have been married a long time, it will seem quite natural.
Old Aug 28, 2012, 12:11 PM
RC Flying Rules!
Winchester, VA.
Joined Feb 2004
215 Posts
Thanks JohnathanSwift!

Love the response !

19 yrs for me and the misses.

VRF201 (Roy)
VRF201 is offline Find More Posts by VRF201
Old Aug 28, 2012, 12:38 PM
Suspended Account
Greenland
Joined Mar 2012
9,069 Posts
Come back to me in 16 years.
Old Aug 28, 2012, 01:14 PM
United States, TN, Murfreesboro
Joined Aug 2012
8 Posts
Thanks everyone. I guess I need to invest in a FMA charger. My Imax chargera requires both the balance tap and the power leads to be connected. My transmitter lipo (from RadicalRC) has the white hitec lead connector which will not connect to the Imax charger. I will only use the parkzone charger until I can get a better digital charger to replace the Imax one, such as an FMA.
My transmitter lipo is from radicalrc.com and it is 2800mah and fits perfectly in the hitec aurora 9. It is made for the hitec aurora 9 and I believe it is the biggest battery available for this radio. Its price is 24 dollars plus 2 dollars for the hitec connector which comes pre-installed. This battery was recommended to me by a hitec rep.

Thanks guys.
rocknrollrebel is offline Find More Posts by rocknrollrebel
Old Aug 28, 2012, 05:25 PM
Iceland
Joined Jul 2004
36 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoarWest View Post
*** I have the first portion of the document written that describes how to program up a glider with a 2-servo wing, and a variable throttle control for the motor (both b-fly and throttle on J3). I thought it could be useful to include the text in a post. For easier reading the document is found here:
https://dl.dropbox.com/u/33146476/RC...9%20setup.docx
Thanks for this excellent information. It will probably be of a great help when I set up my electric Simprop Big Excel (4 servo wing) glider. I am using the Aurora 9 with only basic setup. Rx is Optima 9ch.

Regards, Agust
agbjarn is offline Find More Posts by agbjarn
Old Aug 28, 2012, 05:37 PM
Joined Apr 2012
39 Posts
Now I really wonder what I'm doing wrong with my flaps. A Pike Perfect with a 4 servo wing. I can set up the flaps to neutral using the endpoints or subtrims or both. The fully deflected flaps with the other endpoints. But how on earth do I get them move at the same rate? Somehow I always end up one of the flaps go down at a faster rate in the beginning and catch up later. Fiddling with the amount of H and L in the endpoint settings and compensating with the subtrim, I got it close, but still not really accurate. What is the correct method to do it? My understanding is that the linkages are fine, the flaps worked fine with a Graupner radio without any special settings.

Mika
FlyerMika is offline Find More Posts by FlyerMika
Old Aug 28, 2012, 05:38 PM
Trex 700, Gaui X5, 450DFC
United States, AZ, Queen Creek
Joined Apr 2010
326 Posts
K8ZFJ and AGBjarn

I went out and tested the Glider configuration as documented and posted. Turning on and off the throttle as part of the flight condition works well and does enable the same stick to be used for both Throttle control in flying Configurations and then B-Fly/Crow control in Landing configuration. It worked even better than I expected, I had to do a "go around" at one point and turned off landing mode while some crow was still enabled and the power kicked right in! The throttle turned on, powered up and I did a circuit to get in a better position to land.

I'm quite pleased with the 2-servo wing setup as documented. The 4-servo wing with flaps still needs some additional testing which I'll get to and update the document as found here:
https://dl.dropbox.com/u/33146476/RC...9%20setup.docx

I'll try to figure out what is bothering Flyer Mika too.
SoarWest is offline Find More Posts by SoarWest
Old Aug 28, 2012, 06:35 PM
Canada, BC, Vancouver
Joined Feb 2012
652 Posts
Im going to ask a silly question... but it is a question none the less lol.
2 servo wing aka 1 ail 1 flap. Is this what my radian pro is.
Because when I go through the radio setup for some reason I want to put 2ail 2 flap because technically I have 2 of each lol

Thanks for the clarification if this part of the setup is referring to one wing or the aircraft as a whole
elliott000 is offline Find More Posts by elliott000
Old Aug 28, 2012, 07:12 PM
You can't take the sky from me
United States, OH, Cincinnati
Joined Aug 2011
1,081 Posts
The I believe what you'd want with a radian pro is 2 ail, and 1 flap. So that the flaps are y-harnessed, and the ailerons aren't so you can set up crow.
copperbricks is offline Find More Posts by copperbricks
Old Aug 28, 2012, 07:24 PM
Trex 700, Gaui X5, 450DFC
United States, AZ, Queen Creek
Joined Apr 2010
326 Posts
Elliott,

Thanks for the question. I will clarify the documents. In the instructions I wrote, by 2 servo wing I was referring to a 2-aileron wing with no flaps. In this case I used Spoilerons as a way to get the plane down (both deflect up) but still retain movement for control. In the menus it's setup in the B-Fly menu option.

I have to update the document to spell out all of the Flaps details for the 4-servo wing (2 ail + 2 flaps). Your wing if it has 3 servos (2 ail + 1 flap) will likely fit in there best.
SoarWest is offline Find More Posts by SoarWest
Old Aug 28, 2012, 07:34 PM
Canada, BC, Vancouver
Joined Feb 2012
652 Posts
Sweet, thanks guys, i have it set up as 2 and 2 with my flaps operating independantly but together via assignment. but i think ill keep it this way as i like the ability to have flaperons. And Soar tge document is awesome. I now have it set up just the way i want as far as assingment and function... Now i just need to figure out the settings i need for good camber and reflex etc but i think ill focus more on flying in normal for now... Little differnt than my helis lol
elliott000 is offline Find More Posts by elliott000
Old Aug 29, 2012, 12:39 PM
Deutschland, Nordrhein-Westfalen, Geilenkirchen
Joined Aug 2007
772 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackorchad View Post
Is if possible for the fail safe to set the servo/motor to be on for only a certain period of time, rather than just on or off?
No.

Imagine, when fail-safe occurs, there is no more a connection between your radio and the model, the fail-safe-positions of your servos (and motor) are pre-programmed in the receiver, if connection failed, this positions will be reached - and that's it.

What you want, would require an additional computer-chip holding this program inside of your receiver in order to switch the motor on and off.
As far as I know, no radio system offer this - right now.

Udo
udogigahertz is offline Find More Posts by udogigahertz