SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Apr 15, 2011, 01:31 PM
Hitec/Multiplex USA
Poway, California, United States
Joined Sep 2000
4,200 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by airmanthesixth View Post
Yeah, this is the one from servo city. Are you saying this one does not apply for the free RX?
Hitec does not offer the Tx alone, therefore to quality for the free RX you would have to purchase the system in a configuration that we offer.

Mike.
MikeMayberry is offline Find More Posts by MikeMayberry
to remove ads between posts
Old Apr 15, 2011, 02:13 PM
Sure it'll work
United States, CA, Torrance
Joined Nov 2005
4,279 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by angelfood View Post

I've decided that no matter what, my A 9 goes to Hitec for a check up: I guess that puts me out of action for a while.
A tough, but good decision. I'm hesitating sending mine in. I had a blade strike to the screen. It seems to be working fine, but I want to be 100% sure.

I should add what happened incase someone else can benefit.

On CC esc's, I used to put the throttle in the full on position before hooking up the batt. This keeps the esc from arming and confirms enp point. This time I did that, and used the throttle lock feature. I figured twice as safe while putting the nose cone with motor back on mt F5D. This may not have been a good idea. In the process of putting wires back in the fuse to attatch the nose cone, I must have pulled or wiggled the ESC/throttle connection to the RX. The high performance motor spun-up for approx 1/2 to 1 full second....enough to take a chunk out of the TE of my wing, 4 nice slices out of my hand, and a nasty mark on my A9 screen.

After that I ran some tests to confirm the TL was in fact working...yes it was/is. Using the two together seemed like a great idea....apparently NOT!!!

Bill
Flyextreme is offline Find More Posts by Flyextreme
Old Apr 15, 2011, 02:33 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Sep 2009
4,831 Posts
Fortunately, I kept my Spektrum system while transitioning to the A 9-yeah, I know, but a man has to do what a man has to do....

Mike, as you've not commented further I'm just going to put the TX in Fedex's hands this afternoon.
angelfood is offline Find More Posts by angelfood
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old Apr 15, 2011, 03:06 PM
Hitec/Multiplex USA
Joined Sep 2000
4,200 Posts
Sorry... Yes, that's a good idea.

Mike.
Old Apr 15, 2011, 04:05 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Sep 2009
4,831 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeMayberry View Post
Sorry... Yes, that's a good idea.

Mike.
It's on the way, by Fedex.

If you think about it, let the techs know that when they see an A 9 with a note about a Radicalrc battery, I'm more than willing to replace the main board (1) just to be sure and (2) to get any engineering changes in the last year.

Thanks!
Old Apr 15, 2011, 06:07 PM
Suspended Account
Russian Federation, Sakha, Yakutsk
Joined May 2006
2,978 Posts
Anyone notice we passed ONE MILLION VIEWS!?!?!

+1,000,000 VIEWS!!!
FrogChief is offline Find More Posts by FrogChief
Old Apr 15, 2011, 07:32 PM
Hitec/Multiplex USA
Joined Sep 2000
4,200 Posts
1253 views a day ain't bad!

Mike.
Old Apr 15, 2011, 07:45 PM
work all night and fly all day
USA, CA, San Fernando Valley
Joined May 2009
237 Posts
Mike
what about temp error? where min-max-avg post flight readings all show same reading wich seems to be the high temp. using two sensors both do same thing.
DIG
DIG2fly is offline Find More Posts by DIG2fly
Old Apr 16, 2011, 05:56 PM
Joined Dec 2010
456 Posts
I'm running a servo reverser Y harness on flaps on A9(because I ran out of rx channels) and using optima 7, I have a full house glider. Whenever I put the flaps down far one of them makes a high speed ticking/vibrating sound but the other doesn't. If I bring flaps down too much the sound gets even louder. I want to bring flaps down fully (crow mode) without that happening. What is causing it and how can i fix it?
Thermal Hobby is offline Find More Posts by Thermal Hobby
Old Apr 16, 2011, 06:44 PM
USA, MA, Woburn
Joined Oct 2008
297 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thermal Hobby View Post
I'm running a servo reverser Y harness on flaps on A9(because I ran out of rx channels) and using optima 7, I have a full house glider. Whenever I put the flaps down far one of them makes a high speed ticking/vibrating sound but the other doesn't. If I bring flaps down too much the sound gets even louder. I want to bring flaps down fully (crow mode) without that happening. What is causing it and how can i fix it?
Sounds like a bad servo to me...
Devil_Inside is offline Find More Posts by Devil_Inside
Old Apr 16, 2011, 07:05 PM
South Africa, EC, Port Elizabeth
Joined Jul 2009
114 Posts
ok guys I am considering the aurora... tell me is tele included? or is that an extra receiver needed? what packages are available for tele and what sensors are included?
Switch_639 is offline Find More Posts by Switch_639
Old Apr 16, 2011, 07:35 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Sep 2009
4,831 Posts
Some, but not all, telemetry is included in the Optima 7 and 9 receivers, and the transmitter is fully ready for those and the other modules.

Go to Hitec's home page and look under "products."
Old Apr 16, 2011, 07:47 PM
E-Gliders
South Carolina
Joined May 2009
1,305 Posts
yes telemetry in 7 and 9
outngo is offline Find More Posts by outngo
Old Apr 16, 2011, 07:48 PM
Joined Dec 2010
456 Posts
I'll see if I change the setting to 1 wing flap if that helps, the one flap jitter. I'll also try to use regular y harness.
Thermal Hobby is offline Find More Posts by Thermal Hobby
Old Apr 16, 2011, 08:34 PM
Joined Aug 2002
5,811 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thermal Hobby View Post
Care when using "servo reversing Y" leads - not all will operate with every brand/type of servo without some delay in timing or resolution on the reversed leg, especially with digital servo.
Best to reverse the servo as shown in examples under sub section
"Servo - Modify for Retracts, Swing, Number of Turns, Ganging, Reverse & Continuous Rotation " at
Alan's Hobby, Model & RC FAQ Web Links (quick search = Ctrl+F)
or if not good with soldering iron, use one x Hitec servo and one x Futaba equivalent
(Futaba & rebadged units work in reverse rotation to other brands - horns are not interchangeable)

Alan T.
A.T. is offline Find More Posts by A.T.