HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Apr 14, 2011, 02:56 AM
Seattle Lake Tapps.
Joined Feb 2011
149 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Christian_C View Post
The Aurora comes with one receiver and you get an additional receiver through the deal. The deal goes until April 30
http://hitecrcd.com/products/aircraf...roraoffer.html
Yeah, I know, but there's one that comes without any receiver, that's the one I'm talking about. What do you guys know about that one?
airmanthesixth is offline Find More Posts by airmanthesixth
to remove ads between posts
Old Apr 14, 2011, 03:22 AM
Fast and low...
Joined Apr 2009
837 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by airmanthesixth View Post
Yeah, I know, but there's one that comes without any receiver, that's the one I'm talking about. What do you guys know about that one?
AFAIK, Hitec only has the standard three A9 packages. Any different package is the vendor modifying it after they get it from Hitec.

What you say sounds like the TX only package @ servocity.
aa78 is offline Find More Posts by aa78
Old Apr 14, 2011, 03:55 AM
Build/Fly/Crash/Repeat
United States, HI, Kapalua
Joined Jan 2002
1,200 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by angelfood View Post
My 2000 mah eneloop tx battery arrived, today.

I charged it, and without looking at the polarity, plugged it into the A-9: a bad smell came out, and thin wisps of "smoke."

Within seconds, I removed the battery and determined that the connected had been wired in reverse.

1. The transmitter "works," and I've rebound some receivers, but had no opportunity to range check or use it-is the tx on borrowed time?

2. Did I likely damage the eneloop pack?

Thanks for any reponses.
That is TERRIBLE - sorry to hear that happened to you.

What vendor gave you a mis-wired pack? Please let us know so we can be aware of this. I also have an Eneloop pack but fortunately mine was wired correctly.

The pack in unlikely to be damaged, but I would be very concerned about the transmitter. Letting the smoke out is never good for electronics. You should really send it in. You're risking a possible failure that might occur at a bad time.
CoastalFlyer is offline Find More Posts by CoastalFlyer
Old Apr 14, 2011, 04:12 AM
most exalted one
Canada, BC, Blind Bay
Joined Aug 2002
3,604 Posts
Quote:
I believe it comes with the box with the upc needed so it should be fine to get the deal. I had asked them myself a while ago and then got a better deal, but the answer was the box came with TX.
4*60 is offline Find More Posts by 4*60
Old Apr 14, 2011, 07:55 AM
The truth will prevail
Westbury, NY
Joined Nov 2009
683 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by paul timms View Post
Hi Jürgen
I've purchased the HPP22 basically to use the GPS (and altitude readout). I'm trying to follow the instruction sheet to download the program and update the RX & TX.
I seem to have the program on the computer but nothing on the screen of my TX indicates any extra features. Should I see something extra there now?
By going in through the "Etc" & "RX" options on the drop-down box with Optima 7/9 as the target I've got the RX and the module done but cannot do the TX through the trainer jack as per instructions.
When I select the TX button it takes me to a page which offers "Data Save:Radio to PC" or "Data Load:PC to radio" when I select "PC to Radio" it takes me to the page on my computer listing my favourite Links and asks for a File name and destination folder.
What do I do then?? No mention of this in the instructions and in fact the instructions stop right there with no further information.
Would appreciate it if you could help me.
cheers,
Paul T
Well after much looking on the net I found this which goes through the method step by set thanks for the effort Jurgen ,Just stand by as there will be more problems in the future Yous Paul http://www.youtube.com/user/HitecMul...10/TINzgHQNjiI
t

Paul,

start from scratch :

To use the GPS and see position, height, speed and altitude on the A9 you need the sensor station HTS-SS from Hitec. Install the HTSS-SS to your Optima RX as stated in the manual : http://hitecrcd.com/files/HTSSSManual.pdf
Don't forget that the HTS-SS needs an additional power supply via y-cable.
If everything is installed properly and switched on then go to the sensors menu and monitor you GPS data. First time it can happen that you have to wait up to 15 minutes before the GPS has a valid signal.
Only if you see the GPS data in the sensors menu of your A9 you can proceed to install the HPP-22 to your spectrum module as I have written before.

Juergen
skyrock is offline Find More Posts by skyrock
Old Apr 14, 2011, 08:04 AM
Suspended Account
Joined Sep 2009
4,831 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by CoastalFlyer View Post
That is TERRIBLE - sorry to hear that happened to you.

What vendor gave you a mis-wired pack? Please let us know so we can be aware of this. I also have an Eneloop pack but fortunately mine was wired correctly.

The pack in unlikely to be damaged, but I would be very concerned about the transmitter. Letting the smoke out is never good for electronics. You should really send it in. You're risking a possible failure that might occur at a bad time.
It sure surprised and upset me.

I'm waiting to hear from the seller by e mail.

I hope "they" make it right.
angelfood is offline Find More Posts by angelfood
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old Apr 14, 2011, 10:52 AM
USA, CA, Pismo Beach
Joined Oct 2007
1,408 Posts
Quote:
It sure surprised and upset me.

I'm waiting to hear from the seller by e mail.

I hope "they" make it right.
Who's "they"? I think everyone would like to know who sold you a battery with the connector installed backward. That qualifies as a felony!
Greywing is offline Find More Posts by Greywing
Old Apr 14, 2011, 10:55 AM
Joined Dec 2010
456 Posts
Is the A9 screen UV resistant?
Thermal Hobby is offline Find More Posts by Thermal Hobby
Old Apr 14, 2011, 12:05 PM
Hitec/Multiplex USA
Poway, California, United States
Joined Sep 2000
4,200 Posts
Quote:
Hitec does not offer the Aurora as a TX only, so unfortunatley the free RX offer would not apply to custom configurations such as this.

Mike.
MikeMayberry is offline Find More Posts by MikeMayberry
Old Apr 14, 2011, 12:19 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Sep 2009
4,831 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greywing View Post
Who's "they"? I think everyone would like to know who sold you a battery with the connector installed backward. That qualifies as a felony!
I'm holding off to see what, if any response, I get: so far, silence.

I must say that I've never had anything like this happen, and hope I at least get a reply.

So far, the tx/bat charges in the tx and the tx functions in an "apparently" normal manner, though I can't fly with it until next week.

No doubt I'll send it to Hitec, and if the vendor doesn't volunteer to pay my costs, well, never again.
Last edited by angelfood; Apr 14, 2011 at 12:26 PM.
Old Apr 14, 2011, 01:49 PM
Hitec/Multiplex USA
Poway, California, United States
Joined Sep 2000
4,200 Posts
Note this is a similar connector but wired backwards: http://www.losi.com/Products/Feature...rodId=LOSB1205

Mike
MikeMayberry is offline Find More Posts by MikeMayberry
Old Apr 14, 2011, 02:51 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Sep 2009
4,831 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeMayberry View Post
Note this is a similar connector but wired backwards: http://www.losi.com/Products/Feature...rodId=LOSB1205

Mike
Hi, Mike-I've received no reply from the seller, radicalrc, and mine had the "right" connector, it was simply wired in reverse. Put another way, the red and black wires were reversed at a junction between the battery and the connector, though the connector is identical to the one on the OEM battery that came with the tx.

I've been running the tx for about 8 hours, of and on, and recharging the battery in the tx, and so far it still connects with a receiver.

Mike, do you think I should send it in for a look? (I'm a Hitec Club member)

Radical described the battery as intended for the A 9 and that's how it was described in the "invoice," so I suspect someone just made a mistake, but folks need to know, LOOK AT A NON-HITEC PRODUCT BEFORE YOU PLUG IT IN!
Old Apr 14, 2011, 03:12 PM
USA, MA, Woburn
Joined Oct 2008
297 Posts
Quote:
Hi, Mike-I've received no reply from the seller, radicalrc, and mine had the "right" connector, it was simply wired in reverse.
Oh man, I feel terrible because I believe I recommended Radical RC when you posted that you are looking for an Eneloop pack Did they offer to make it right to you?!?
Devil_Inside is offline Find More Posts by Devil_Inside
Old Apr 14, 2011, 03:14 PM
USA, MA, Woburn
Joined Oct 2008
297 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Devil_Inside View Post
Hey Mike,

I am just wondering if you had a chance to test the magnetic RPM sensor and what were your findings?

Thanks!
Bump
Devil_Inside is offline Find More Posts by Devil_Inside
Old Apr 14, 2011, 03:48 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Sep 2009
4,831 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Devil_Inside View Post
Oh man, I feel terrible because I believe I recommended Radical RC when you posted that you are looking for an Eneloop pack Did they offer to make it right to you?!?
Nothing but silence.

Don't sweat it, stuff happens.

Seems like a good shop and nice folks-guess mine just fell through "the cracks."