HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Apr 12, 2011, 10:01 AM
I got it! I got it!
Berkeley Springs, WV
Joined Mar 2006
2,416 Posts
You powering the transmitter or receiver? I don't see why it wouldn't work in either case.

Earle
Pistolera is offline Find More Posts by Pistolera
to remove ads between posts
Old Apr 12, 2011, 10:37 AM
< 1100W in Seattle
Joined Mar 2006
329 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyextreme View Post
I'm really hesitating upgrading to 1.08 for my full house hotliners. The main reason being I have Vista and I'm a computer dummy. The other being, it seems there "may" still be a few bugs.

Will I be gaining much with 1.08 compared to 1.07 for gliders? I'm not even sure if I have 1.07 or 1.06. I have heard of some problems with Vista from people that seem to be more computer savy than me...which doesn't take much...so I'm hesitating even hooking it up to my comp at all.

Is there a step-by-step for non computer savy people using Vista?

Bill
1. If you have a HPP-22 and the required USB cable, plug it in and see if Vista recognizes it as a HID, (Human Interface Device) & installs drivers automatically. If it does your probably good to go.
2. Verify your firmware version in the A9 & read about the updates since your version. If your at version 1.06 and are going to update, go all the way to version 1.08. Version 1.07 first then 1.08.
3. Make sure you have an internet connection, (preferably a good one).
LowWatts is offline Find More Posts by LowWatts
Old Apr 12, 2011, 10:47 AM
Huntsville, AL
Joined Oct 2007
172 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Christian_C View Post
Want to hear your opinions. I fly DLG so I'm becoming obsessed with weight

Today I grabbed my SLR Li-ion battery and I realized it's 7.2V and 1800-1900mAh. This battery lasts forever in my SLR and and weights considerably less than the aurora factory battery (80g vs. 140g) and it's very compact. On top of that you can get quality OEM replacements online for about US$10. So this means a cheap battery, that weights less and in theory will give me more flying time. One could easily make a connector to power our auroras.

Am I missing something here, I'm no expert in electronics, so that's why I ask...

The D-L190 specifications are:
Chemistry: Lithium-Ion
Output Volts: 7.2v
AmpHours: 1900 mAh
Dimensions: 56.9mm x 39.3mm x 21.0mm
Type: Generic

The A9 battery area is about: 110mm X 45.5mm X 16mm.
Looks as if the D-L190 is too thick to fit into the A9.
DoeHillFlyer is online now Find More Posts by DoeHillFlyer
Old Apr 12, 2011, 11:35 AM
Joined Apr 2007
6 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShoGinn View Post
Mike,

This sort of support is the reason why Hitec is great!

You can't catch every wrong feature, but you dont have to. When we get it you guys ACTUALLY listen.

I cannot wait for stick switches though haha

STICK SWITCHES STICK SWITCHES (Repeat x500)
QUOTE QUOTE QUOTE (repeat x500)

marco
marcodef is offline Find More Posts by marcodef
Old Apr 12, 2011, 12:16 PM
Hitec/Multiplex USA
Poway, California, United States
Joined Sep 2000
4,190 Posts
Quote:
I'm really hesitating upgrading to 1.08 for my full house hotliners. The main reason being I have Vista and I'm a computer dummy. The other being, it seems there "may" still be a few bugs.

Will I be gaining much with 1.08 compared to 1.07 for gliders? I'm not even sure if I have 1.07 or 1.06. I have heard of some problems with Vista from people that seem to be more computer savy than me...which doesn't take much...so I'm hesitating even hooking it up to my comp at all.

Is there a step-by-step for non computer savy people using Vista?

Bill
All you need to do is turn off your user account control in the control panel and possibly disable your anti-virus software to download the HPP-22 software.

V1.08 has significant improvements in the Glider programming so I would suggest you upgrade.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aa78 View Post
Mike, still waiting for more info regarding firmware change for provision of RSSI information on the transmitter and control of trainer channel pass-through for all 9 channels. Is there any more info about implementation of these changes requested so many times earlier? Have you heard anything back from the developers in Korea?

I do hope there is some progress regarding these requests in v1.09.

On that note, will there be a v1.08(1) release for fixing these glider programming issues or a direct jump to v1.09?
It is unknown at this time if these changes will be implemented.

Major firmware updates get a number change while modifications would add a (#).

FYI: Spoiler->Elevator mix is the same in V1.07, although it's called Airbrake, and this is the first time it's been mentioned so it's not new, just newly discovered. What other issues are you referring to?

Mike.
MikeMayberry is offline Find More Posts by MikeMayberry
Old Apr 12, 2011, 12:41 PM
Sure it'll work
United States, CA, Torrance
Joined Nov 2005
4,271 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by FrogChief View Post
Here's a little secret. Vista is Windows 7.

You won't have ANY issues. I'm running Vista Ultimate 64-Bit and have never had ANY software issues. Just be sure to turn off UAC, as it's annoying and useless.
I'm guessing that "UAC" is user account control? How do I turn it off? Is it in control panel?

I told you I'm a computer dummy

Bill
Flyextreme is offline Find More Posts by Flyextreme
Old Apr 12, 2011, 03:29 PM
Winnipeg, Canada
Joined Jul 2006
92 Posts
BUG?
Can someone try this for confirmation or not. Reprogramming my 6ch V tail glider after 1.08 update. V tail seems to set up fine as well as el and rud trims. The els (rud & el) both respond to adjustment for flp and Bfly settings. The bug seems to be in flight condition camber mixes. The Rudd trim adjustment (left elevator on my ac) does not respond to inputs + or -, though the elev (right el) does. Universal bug or my tx or programming?

EK
ekletke is offline Find More Posts by ekletke
Old Apr 12, 2011, 05:08 PM
The "Foaminator"
United States, CA, Los Angeles
Joined Mar 2007
2,103 Posts
Quote:
I'm guessing that "UAC" is user account control? How do I turn it off? Is it in control panel?

I told you I'm a computer dummy

Bill

This will do it for you Bill,

Mike R

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/w...trol-on-or-off
mikeruth is offline Find More Posts by mikeruth
Old Apr 12, 2011, 05:53 PM
Joined Apr 2007
6 Posts
v1.08 considerations on glider programming

dear all, i am loving the Aurora, i have it since one year now and not a single glitch so far: thumbs up!!!
I love this thread and I like the fact that Hitec is very responsive and present here also, listening and caring for customers. I am mainly a glider pilot, flying both at the slopes and f3k-j... i would like to share some considerations on glider programming:

fw 1.08 is very handy here!!! i would strongly reccomend everyone serious into glider to upgrade, i know you'll have to reprogram parts of your set ups for all the models, but this is quick and the new features are really a step forward.
butterfly is much more intuitive now and you con achieve full deflection with no use of the adjust function.
camber off set set up is much more clear and immediate to work on.
most of all: the adjust function for aileron differential is OK now!!! this is to my taste the most important upgrade: now you can assign it to a digital trim and fine tune in flight!! this is very handy as you would set it up without moving your eys from your flying model, and glider pilots know how important aileron differential is... especialy for aerobatics ships, you can adjust it until your rolls are very axial, or until you won't stall in the smaller thermals.

there only two things that are still missing for serious competitors in F3Xs:
I think that most advance pilots use flight conditions, this is a must (and if you are not much into flight conditions use, my suggestions is to start to use them: you'll undestand the difference!). The Aurora offer many of them per model. good.
My first consideration is the butterfly function for F3j landing: this is very critical as today's contest are often decided by the landing score, pilots usually use a flight condition for landing, instead of the single butterfly function. this allows you the separte all the mixing for crow, for example to separate the aileron diff is a must to have roll control with you butterfly deployed. You usually take long time to properly set up all the mixes, especially the elevetor mix, with tha Aurora you should set up a 5 points mix for that, which are enough, i think...
BUT, then you should be able to access this flight cnd. with your throttle stick, once you move your throttle stick you should be able to activate the flight condition to the butterfly one, instead of the function . this is important especially when in emergency, you do not need to remember to move a switch to activate the flight condition for landing...

Another feature that i wish but i do not know how to achieve is this: with thermal ships most pilots want an aileron to rudder mix, but this only to enter the turn, then you apply the rudder command and the mix should be turned off by your rudder input, otherwise you'll never set it up properly to achieve a flat turn, as any correction you input with your aileron will affect your rudder position. This second option is not a must, as some pilots prefer to "mix themselves" to have the best control, although this require some skills..

thanks for reading this long post!!

marco, Aurora fan from Italy
marcodef is offline Find More Posts by marcodef
Old Apr 12, 2011, 06:25 PM
De tramacazo en tramacazo
United States
Joined Apr 2006
93 Posts
I tested the fit and after removing the foam glued to the battery compartment cover, the D-L190 fits just perfect...
Quote:
Originally Posted by DoeHillFlyer View Post
The D-L190 specifications are:
• Chemistry: Lithium-Ion
• Output Volts: 7.2v
• AmpHours: 1900 mAh
• Dimensions: 56.9mm x 39.3mm x 21.0mm
• Type: Generic

The A9 battery area is about: 110mm X 45.5mm X 16mm.
Looks as if the D-L190 is too thick to fit into the A9.
Christian_C is offline Find More Posts by Christian_C
Last edited by Christian_C; Apr 12, 2011 at 07:04 PM.
Old Apr 12, 2011, 06:27 PM
United States
Joined Apr 2006
93 Posts
Earle I'm powering the Tx, I just wanted to make sure that the battery will keep up with the current draw of the transmitter. So it looks like we have a winner...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pistolera View Post
You powering the transmitter or receiver? I don't see why it wouldn't work in either case.

Earle
Old Apr 12, 2011, 07:23 PM
I got it! I got it!
Berkeley Springs, WV
Joined Mar 2006
2,416 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Christian_C View Post
Earle I'm powering the Tx, I just wanted to make sure that the battery will keep up with the current draw of the transmitter. So it looks like we have a winner...
Interesting...please let us know how its duration works out for you. I changed to a lipo last year over the stock batt. Still don't like having to remove it to charge though.

Earle
Pistolera is offline Find More Posts by Pistolera
Old Apr 12, 2011, 08:43 PM
Seattle Lake Tapps.
Joined Feb 2011
148 Posts
Question for all you guys.

If I buy the A9 that comes without receiver, can I still have the free transmitter special that Hitec has on it's website? or is it have to be the one that comes with the transmitter already?

Thanks.
airmanthesixth is offline Find More Posts by airmanthesixth
Old Apr 12, 2011, 09:10 PM
United States
Joined Apr 2006
93 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by airmanthesixth View Post
Question for all you guys.

If I buy the A9 that comes without receiver, can I still have the free transmitter special that Hitec has on it's website? or is it have to be the one that comes with the transmitter already?

Thanks.
The Aurora comes with one receiver and you get an additional receiver through the deal. The deal goes until April 30
http://hitecrcd.com/products/aircraf...roraoffer.html
Old Apr 12, 2011, 10:08 PM
Quincy IL
Joined Jul 2006
500 Posts
Unto Mike Mayberry

You stated "All you need to do is turn off your user account control in the control panel and possibly disable your anti-virus software to download the HPP-22 software."

Why does HiTech continue to require users to turn off their Anti Virus software and UAC thereby rendering their PC totally open to virius, rouge malware etc attack just to download updates for their Aurora TX?

Do you or HiTech know how long it takes to recover from a crashed computer?

Do you know that it is quoted as taking less than 20 seconds for an unprotected computer to become infected when connected to the internet?

I think most of the RC modeler community would like to know the reason HiTech continues to make your customers go bare nakid on the Internet just to update their high end costly toys.

I am an owner & IT support of a large hobby shop mostly devoted to RC and I don't like putting our network or my personal laptop at risk. Of note is a resistance on my customers part of buying equipment that requires a connection to the internet. I have Aurora systems in stock and fly one my self but the customers are buying the DX8 for the SD card update & model storage and the BNF planes.

Hugh
Hugh P is offline Find More Posts by Hugh P