Old Dec 05, 2009, 11:15 AM
AMA # L576
United States, OR, North Bend
Joined Sep 2006
2,227 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by le fou View Post
Hi,

I am looking at the Aurora. I was wondering if somebody can tell me if there are logical switch such as AND & OR function. For instance can I link two conditions and if they are both true or one of them is true, then an assigned command switch is activated. For instance if the fight mode "landing" is selected then the landing gears as well as the flaps are automatically lowered even if I don't activate a control switch for it.

Thanks,

Le fou
You can program 8 different flight conditions into this radio. Each flight condition can have any combination of actions that are activated in each flight condition without having to flip any extra switches.
vhoward1122 is offline Find More Posts by vhoward1122
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 05, 2009, 12:25 PM
The truth will prevail
Westbury, NY
Joined Nov 2009
683 Posts
@Carlos

Think, we all lost you!

If you want to set "Fail Safe" at your receiver you have to do the following :

- switch transmitter on
- switch receiver on
- press button on the receiver only!!! for 6 seconds
- now blue and red LED on receiver will blink rapidly
- now you have 5 seconds to bring all sticks and channels to your fail safe positon at your transmitter
- switch receiver off
- switch transmitter off
- switch transmitter on
- switch receiver on
- test fail safe by e.g. pushing your gas stick to full throttle and switch transmitter off
- your gas servo should now move to your fail safe position

regards

Juergen
skyrock is offline Find More Posts by skyrock
Old Dec 05, 2009, 01:07 PM
Hitec/Multiplex USA
Poway, California, United States
Joined Sep 2000
4,200 Posts
Here's a video from a user that shows how the flight conditions can be used and that higher numbers have higher priority. Note: he replaced some of the two position switches with push buttons.

Aurora 9 Switch Mod (2 min 4 sec)
MikeMayberry is offline Find More Posts by MikeMayberry
Old Dec 05, 2009, 01:38 PM
Joined Dec 2007
14 Posts
Hello friends I still have my problem, I have successfully paired normal mode receiver and transmitter in my "Parkmaster" connecting only the BEC and a servo, but my problem comes when I connect all the servos. Linking all the servos and turn on the transmitter and the receiver after they start moving (all) if I remove a servo's the same but after a few seconds is focused, if you remove other even better serve anyone can help me?.
carlos 123456 is offline Find More Posts by carlos 123456
Old Dec 05, 2009, 01:51 PM
Hitec/Multiplex USA
Joined Sep 2000
4,200 Posts
If you lose the connection when moving all the servos then the BEC is not powerful enough, and you are experiencing a brown out. You can verify this by observing the telemetry reading of the RX voltage on the TX.

You can solve this by using the SPC connection. The best way to do this is to solder a servo lead (+/-) to the battery plug on the ESC and then remove the jumper from the SPC and plug this connection into it. This will power the RX independantly and the BEC will power the servos.

Mike
Old Dec 05, 2009, 02:11 PM
Joined Dec 2007
14 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeMayberry View Post
If you lose the connection when moving all the servos then the BEC is not powerful enough, and you are experiencing a brown out. You can verify this by observing the telemetry reading of the RX voltage on the TX.

You can solve this by using the SPC connection. The best way to do this is to solder a servo lead (+/-) to the battery plug on the ESC and then remove the jumper from the SPC and plug this connection into it. This will power the RX independantly and the BEC will power the servos.

Mike

I think it is right, but, can you explain better what of the BEC?
Old Dec 05, 2009, 02:13 PM
Hitec/Multiplex USA
Joined Sep 2000
4,200 Posts
If the BEC is not powerful enough then the load from the servos and RX can allow the voltage to sag and fall below the minimum operating voltage (3.5v) of the RX.

Mike,
Old Dec 05, 2009, 02:21 PM
Joined Dec 2007
14 Posts
Quote:
If the BEC is not powerful enough then the load from the servos and RX can allow the voltage to sag and fall below the minimum operating voltage (3.5v) of the RX.

Mike,
I understand, then how can I solve this?
Old Dec 05, 2009, 02:27 PM
Hitec/Multiplex USA
Joined Sep 2000
4,200 Posts
I just posted how to solve it (post#1550)... use the SPC to power the RX.

Mike
Old Dec 05, 2009, 02:31 PM
Joined Aug 2002
5,811 Posts
Optima Receiver - "Brownout" apparent servo failure causes & cures

Quote:
Originally Posted by carlos 123456 View Post
I understand, then how can I solve this?
Refer Mike's post #15500 above
also
Optima RX - SPC Cable and use

Extended explanation regarding BEC problems:
Electronic Speed Control - Why BEC and LVC cause most EP RX problems

see also: Aurora A9 Undocumented Features - Mixes, Setups, Tips.
(includes Spectra Pro and Optima RX features. {frequently updated}

Regards
Alan T.
A.T. is offline Find More Posts by A.T.
Old Dec 05, 2009, 02:33 PM
Joined Dec 2007
14 Posts
Quote:
I just posted how to solve it (post#1550)... use the SPC to power the RX.

Mike
Connect the 11.1 v lipo directly to SPC, but do not burn the servos?
Old Dec 05, 2009, 02:37 PM
San Diego, CA USA
Joined Nov 2003
223 Posts
Along with other top of the line features, I just love the fact that the Aurora 9 lets me know what the voltage is on my receiver pack.
pbrantuas is offline Find More Posts by pbrantuas
Old Dec 05, 2009, 02:49 PM
Joined Dec 2007
14 Posts
Quote:

Mike
Does not burn the servos?
Old Dec 05, 2009, 02:52 PM
Hitec/Multiplex USA
Joined Sep 2000
4,200 Posts
The SPC does not power the servos, the BEC will still do that. The SPC can handle up to 35v. All this info is in the manual.

Mike.
Old Dec 05, 2009, 02:57 PM
Joined Dec 2007
14 Posts
Quote:
The SPC does not power the servos, the BEC will still do that. The SPC can handle up to 35v. All this info is in the manual.

Mike.
So if I connect a cable from the BEC to the SPC will reach 11.1 V and servos do not burn?, I think I understand everything, I'm going to try this trick, it seems very good idea, so if I connect to 35V in spc, which comes to power the servos?