1,222 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by CANTZ506
Well, now that
Guppy MKII is done,
plans are drawn and unexpectedly selling,
people and builder are happy...

it's time to start the XL version!!

BTW, what about a kit or a short kit... now you have a wonderful CNC.
A good news is that I already started making plans for XL Guppy ... 100" wingspan (2,54m) and it ius ~50% finished. It is really time to start moving with that project...but who knows, when I finish. It is not so easy and it is hard to find enough spare time. I allso like to go outdoors and fly with my modells

KIT? I heard that Denny ( www.polecataero.com ) is very optimistic and when he will move into his workshop, I hope, he will manage to cover requests for Guppy KIT. Maybe the best way is "short" kit, all parts that are CNC made, and modeller buy all other materialls necessarry to finish the model.
We will see, how this thing will go forward.

Regarding my CNC machine and a KIT production at my place... dont know. I am short of time and I think it would be a nightmare for me to collect KITS, made them, wrap in apropriate packages, and send them over the border.
I have no experiences in doing that, and I am affraid of ocasions when buyer get broken (during transport) KIT or thta it will not be satisfied with parts in generall or with quality of balsa ets...

But i take in concern to make, let say 10 KIT completes to sell them cheaply here in my country to fellows modellers. I can bring some KITS on some Meetings and compettitons and sell them directly.

Mitja
ultralajt is offline Find More Posts by ultralajt
Last edited by ultralajt; Mar 12, 2009 at 05:01 AM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 12, 2009, 12:56 PM
Circa:1946
Joined Jun 2008
144 Posts
Need Kits

Mitja!

We need kits here in the US!!! PLEASE!!
Long, Short, or just CNC parts with canopy!!!! I think this MK ll could be a real big seller! I know I want one with all 3 wings!!!!

I am glad now that I couldn't get the MK 1!!!!!
Think about it~!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

THANKS
The Riverrat
Riverratss is offline Find More Posts by Riverratss
Old Mar 12, 2009, 02:06 PM
PA
Joined Dec 2003
2,275 Posts
Alrighty then boys and girls

First of all, the reason that regular Guppy kits have been scarce is that I basically couldn't work for the last year due to health reasons. At Polecat, that slows things down a bit. I am the CEO, COE, VP of everything, janitor, greeter, phone operator, kit cutter, general labor force and sales rep. Oh yeah, the parts man to:-) So, when I am missing, not a whole lot happens. Basically it's a one man show. The good news is that I will be back to work within the next few weeks and am currently working with Mitja on the kit. It will be top priority and on the market very soon. All wing versions will be available this time.Within the next few days I will put a link on the web site that will lead to a pre-order list. You will not be charged anything and will be contacted when the kit is ready to ship. You will be charged when the kit actually ships. If we do it this way it will be in order and not get confused by some private e-mails and some on here and some PM's. Fair enough?

Denny
dennymaize is offline Find More Posts by dennymaize
Old Mar 12, 2009, 03:22 PM
Joined Jun 2008
144 Posts
Mr Maise is back!! Great!!

Sir!!!

Give me a heads up, & this old guy will be near the top of the list!!!!!!!!

Thanks!
& Hurry!!!
The riverrat
Old Mar 12, 2009, 05:14 PM
Ljubljana Brnik, Slovenia
Joined Sep 2004
1,222 Posts
GUPPY 2 into a sunset (0 min 30 sec)

Video taken today at sunset
Old Mar 13, 2009, 05:44 AM
Joined Sep 2004
1,222 Posts
Printing Plans

In order to avoid wrong printing of my plans, I suggest you to use Acrobat reader with settings as follows, in order to get out the full scale plans:

It is important not to use any scaling!! Choose None.

Plans should came out from printer in proper size.

Hope, this will help someone.

Regards!

Mitja
Old Mar 14, 2009, 02:12 AM
Joined Sep 2004
1,222 Posts
Hi!

As dozen of plans were already in builders hands, I am looking forward to see here (or on those builders home Forums) some building reports.

Springtime is camming and now it is a right time to build this new bird!

And a news for those builders, that already build the "old" Guppy and presented it on forums (building & or flying)!
Please contact me (email shown in my profile) about special discount on the plans for new GUPPY 2 and send me some photos of your old Guppy.
(the larger resoluton, the better)

Mitja
Last edited by ultralajt; Mar 14, 2009 at 02:19 AM.
Old Mar 14, 2009, 07:01 AM
Joined Sep 2004
1,222 Posts
Today I went out to fly my GUPPY2.
I try to capture photos while flying, but the task was to hard for me . Should take someone with me e. So, only "groud to ground" photos at this post.

But I am looking forward as in afternoon a friend will came to me, as he want to fly GUPPY2. So I will have a chance to made some inflight shots.
Hope, the weather will last... it is a bad weather prognosed....a cold front is camming.

But anyway, the Spring is really camming for sure!

Mitja
Last edited by ultralajt; Mar 14, 2009 at 07:35 AM.
Old Mar 14, 2009, 02:28 PM
Joined Sep 2004
1,222 Posts
Soaring

This afternoon my friend Alex took transmitter in hands and soar with GUPPY 2. I had a chance to enjoy the view and take some photos and a video.

Here is a video:

GUPPY 2 poetry (4 min 12 sec)

and some photos:
Last edited by ultralajt; Mar 14, 2009 at 02:40 PM.
Old Mar 14, 2009, 04:25 PM
Joined Feb 2005
4 Posts
Hello!

Yes, today I`ve flown new Guppy MKII for the first time. It`s a honour, to be the first test pilot

This little plane is just great...small enough to fit on the back seats of your car, big enough to fly like a plane of much greater dimensions! It has surprised me with large speed range, no tendency to stall/spin, superb soaring performance and sleek looks! Definetly a must-have for Guppy MKI owners, and everyone looking for agile sport sailplane with thermal and slope soaring in mind. I have flown the first GUPPY MkI ever built, and I must say that MkII is big step forward in design and performance.

Well done Ultralajt, I look forward to build my own!

Alex
aleksej is offline Find More Posts by aleksej
Old Mar 16, 2009, 09:20 AM
PA
Joined Dec 2003
2,275 Posts
Alrighty then boys and girls

The website is set up to take Guppy MK II Pre Orders. There is a simple form to put your name and e-mail address in and submit and you are on the list in order received.
No payment info is required and you will be notified when kits are available for purchase at which time you can place an official order. Pretty Kool, eh?

Just go to www.polecataero.com and you will see the pre-order page. This will also give me a much better idea how many kits to do in a run.
Old Mar 16, 2009, 12:22 PM
Joined Jun 2008
144 Posts
Pre-Order!!

Mr. Maise!

Couldn't see the Pre-order page on the your site?
I typed pre-order in the search, & it came up!!!!

THANKS!!!!!!!
The Riverrat
Old Mar 16, 2009, 12:50 PM
PA
Joined Dec 2003
2,275 Posts
Here's a link that takes directly to the page

http://www.polecataero.com/products/guppy/pre-order
Old Mar 17, 2009, 01:46 PM
Joined Sep 2004
1,222 Posts
Important !

Hi!

I encounter some problems sending emais with Guppy plans to the buyers.
As there ar genmerally no problems at all and I get emails of happy customers, in couple of cases I am unable to deliver those attachments getting return mails as for instance:
Quote:
This Message was undeliverable due to the following reason:

Each of the following recipients was rejected by a remote mail server.
The reasons given by the server are included to help you determine why each recipient was rejected.

Recipient: <buyers Email addres>
Reason: Requested action not taken: mailbox unavailable
In those cases I usually upload files on the internet server and send link to the buyer, so he can download those files itself.

But in one case, even a mail with link for downloading was rejected by a remote mail server.

I am a little confused as I really want that plans will reach buyers.

If any of you didnt recieve attached plans, please let me know using PM here or send Email and I will send you Downloading link to your PM.

I hope that this will work!

Regards!

Mitja
Last edited by ultralajt; Mar 17, 2009 at 01:53 PM.
Old Mar 17, 2009, 04:12 PM
Who said Kiwi's can't fly!
Hawkes Bay , New Zealand
Joined Feb 2008
893 Posts
Mitja, I love the scenery in the background ... beautifull countryside and village, and the Guppy looks awesome ! as you are coming into springtime here in New Zealand we are in Autumn so our thermal flying will soon be put on hold for a few months till our Springtime comes around again.. ( building time)
Congratulations on a fine looking and flying model... Might be my Winter project :-)

Grant.
Grunta5 is offline Find More Posts by Grunta5