HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Mar 13, 2003, 01:10 PM
S. IL.
Joined Feb 2002
112 Posts
May be O/T but if you are building ANY WWII german plane, have you seen this book?

'Warplanes of the Third Reich' by William Green, line drawings by Dennis Punnett?

Doubleday 1970. Detailed 3 views of evey single plane from biplane to 4 jet bomber prototypes, sketches of every variation, and a flight history of most of the prototypes.

Not to mention color heraldry and camoflage foldouts of versions each of bf 110, ju 88 (18 examples),me 262, do 217e,ju 87b, bf109e,he111h.

I just found mine where I lost it several years ago (right in the bookshelf).

Probably averaging 4 photos, drawings per page over 670 pages.

Anyone ever hear of a Siebel SI 201?

Single engine pusher with a variable incidence WING which was to compete against the more famous fieseler Fi 156 for light observation plane.

Looks like a trolly car with a sweptwing stuck on and a corrugated boom to the tail surfaces.

Now THAT looks cool.

(from the web)
A LOT of planes I never heard of. including the ultra cool HE 119.

If you don't have it, and you are interested in it, keep a lookout on ebay and amazon, better yet, look at the local library.
Boba_Fett is offline Find More Posts by Boba_Fett
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 13, 2003, 01:12 PM
Flying electric since 1986
USA, IN, Brownsburg
Joined Oct 2000
1,764 Posts
I've got a copy, great book.
Mark Wolf is offline Find More Posts by Mark Wolf
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Stevens Aeromodel Skybuggy 100
Old Mar 13, 2003, 06:55 PM
Oz Member
Near Mallala, South Oz
Joined Nov 2001
161 Posts
Fantastic book! I had a mate with a copy years ago, wish I'd photocopied a few more pages when I had a chance! I've scaled up the three-view on a few occasions to build flying and static models. Still looking for a copy, one day...
Ragnar is offline Find More Posts by Ragnar
Old Mar 13, 2003, 08:29 PM
..teach monkeys to fly..
Ottawa Intl, Canada
Joined Oct 2000
364 Posts
I bought a copy for myself as an advance Christmas present from my wife. I wish I could find a similar book for Allied planes.

For beautiful art, try ' The Art Of William Phillips: The Glory of Flight', Greenwich Workshop, 1994. ISBN 0-86713-022-9

Marten
Marten is offline Find More Posts by Marten