HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Feb 07, 2009, 02:04 PM
Italy, Friuli-Venezia Giulia, Fontanafredda
Joined Apr 2005
670 Posts
Ben
Do you accept pre orders? I am sold on the mini slick and will gladly order a yellow version today if possible. I'd take an 89" version as well but unfortunately I can't get that baby shipped to my location.
R/C Dallas is offline Find More Posts by R/C Dallas
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 07, 2009, 02:08 PM
United States, PA, Lancaster
Joined Jun 2003
24,141 Posts
Dallas - We do pre-orders a little closer to the delivery date, we'll announce them on here, and we have dealers to ship intl., I'm sure they'll be announcing their own pre-orders in this thread.

Thanks!
blucor basher is offline Find More Posts by blucor basher
Site Sponsor
Old Feb 07, 2009, 02:17 PM
Joined Apr 2005
670 Posts
Getting the 42 Slick shipped to me should be no problem because I do have a USPS address, since I'm retired military and work on a military base. ..you do ship priority mail right? It would be interesting to see what one of these international shippers would ship the big boy for.
Old Feb 07, 2009, 02:27 PM
United States, TX, Austin
Joined Dec 2006
13,752 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew Jesky
I've decided that its probably as good a time as ever to start a thread about the 42" Slick. Ben, Scott, and Myself have spent time on this model to make it fly just like the bigger 51 and 89 inch model. Here are a few specs with pictures.

Wingspan 42"
Fuse Length 42"
Flying weight 28-32 ounces

Motor: Hacker A30-28S
Speed Control: Hacker X-40
Battery: Thunder Power 3s2100 Prolite
Servos Hitec 65's or equivelant

This airplane is a great parkflyer that can ride along in the car with you were ever you go. I have mine hung up downstairs all the time ready to fly that way if I get an extra 10 minutes to go fly this is what I fly.

There will be a slight modification to the planes that are being built and that is the rudder will be set up on pull pull in the fuse.

I will try and post some more internal pictures but the model is very similar construction to the 51"
Most excellent Andrew Great looking shop too !! Being a master carpenter with over 30 years experience, I would feel right @ home
Looking forward to the release of this little guy !

Dave
Lonelasso is offline Find More Posts by Lonelasso
Old Feb 07, 2009, 02:28 PM
Joined Jun 2003
24,141 Posts
Dallas - We ship domestic via UPS, our dealers will be glad to help you out with an APO or other intl. delivery.

Thanks,

3DHS
Site Sponsor
Old Feb 07, 2009, 02:43 PM
Joined Dec 2006
13,752 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by R/C Dallas
Getting the 42 Slick shipped to me should be no problem because I do have a USPS address, since I'm retired military and work on a military base. ..you do ship priority mail right? It would be interesting to see what one of these international shippers would ship the big boy for.
Rob @ ADC does international shipping...just for grins, you could email and ask about shipping on the 89" He'll treat you RIGHT, that's guarranteeeeed !

Dave
Old Feb 07, 2009, 08:12 PM
ADC Vinyl
SoCal-Rancho Santa Marg.
Joined Mar 2007
5,229 Posts
Quote:
PM sent

If anyone is interested in a shipping estimate to a Military or International delivery address please feel free to send me a PM or E-Mail

Rob
Fliprob17 is offline Find More Posts by Fliprob17
Old Feb 07, 2009, 09:45 PM
United States, AL
Joined Apr 2007
830 Posts
Quote:
.......should be no problem because I do have a USPS address, since I'm retired military and work on a military base.......
Ben sent me a 47inch SHP to my APO in Germany a year or two ago, it was a bit beat up and the box(es) caved in enough to crack one of the formers in the cockpit area. A few drops of CA and it was as good as new. Maybe the military mail gets to Aviano in better condition? Ben also just sent a velox to me in Iraq. Not only did it not even have a scratch on it, the box looked like it just came out of the box factory. I was actually amazed.

Whatever you get, if it goes to an APO make sure it's sent Priority Mail. Parcel post will take forever and get it beat up a lot. I think the Priority postage to my APO was around $35 for the velox.
biskit is offline Find More Posts by biskit
Old Feb 07, 2009, 11:05 PM
Joined Jun 2003
24,141 Posts
Just FYI - We're not doing any USPS shipping at the moment, only UPS. We have dealers who are happy to ship USPS and special requests, we're starting to let them handle that, so that we can continue to do the best possible job for our domestic customers.
Site Sponsor
Old Feb 07, 2009, 11:40 PM
TEAM EXTREME FLIGHT
USA, FL, Largo
Joined Dec 2005
17,009 Posts
Doc Austin is online now Find More Posts by Doc Austin
Last edited by Doc Austin; Mar 27, 2012 at 08:29 PM.
Old Feb 08, 2009, 05:59 AM
Joined Apr 2005
670 Posts
Rob - PM sent back

Biskit - I've had several planes sent sent to my APO over the last 5-6 years and have had them arrive everwhere from pristine to a box of toothpicks. Heck, a Cermark Banshee I bought arrived so badly crushed it looked like it was ran over by a bulldozer. Needless to say I refused shipment on that one and had to work out a refund because they didn't want to risk sending another one. It's pretty much a 50/50 hit or miss when it comes to getting goods via military mail. Another funny thing...I've also had priority mail take over 4 weeks and parcel post get here in only 4 days, so that's another crap shoot! The main thing is have anything being sent insured to cover both the dealer as well as yourself.

Doc - Let her fly my friend...let her fly! Nice video.
Old Feb 09, 2009, 01:22 AM
Joined Dec 2008
112 Posts
"You never own an airplane. You just sort of lease it until the lease unexpectedly expires"

I love this saying Doc.

This Slick is a stunning plane. So now there will be a Extra, Edge and a Slick to choose from. Going to need a three sided coin.
3 pointer is offline Find More Posts by 3 pointer
Old Feb 09, 2009, 01:24 AM
Team 3DHS
San Antonio, TX
Joined Sep 2004
15,632 Posts
Nah, just get all three .
BoneDoc is offline Find More Posts by BoneDoc
Old Feb 09, 2009, 08:21 AM
TEAM EXTREME FLIGHT
USA, FL, Largo
Joined Dec 2005
17,009 Posts
[.........
Doc Austin is online now Find More Posts by Doc Austin
Last edited by Doc Austin; Mar 27, 2012 at 08:29 PM.
Old Feb 09, 2009, 10:15 AM
Joined Dec 2006
13,752 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc Austin
I am so anxious to throw down that I could overlook something in putting the plane together.....like maybe tightening the wing bolts or something.
Doc,
Wing bolts....and servo connections ! I put some day-glo green on the edge of each servo connector (positive side +) so I can see that they are CONNECTED (don't ask me how I know ).

Dave