HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old May 31, 2009, 09:00 PM
United States, GA, Lawrenceville
Joined Jun 2003
7,561 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by blucor basher
At this rate, the container will be all sold out before it even lands .

Probably, yes.

The combo page says it's a 42mm spinner but I can't find a 42mm spinner page on the site?

It's a new part. Not on the site yet. I'll try to get those added before we leave next for the FLI. As it is, you can certainly order the aircraft and I'll be glad to do a "no shipping charge" order for the spinner later and send it in the same box.
Thats why I pulled the trigger.. LOL.. I rather know I have it vs waiting.. Nice move to put the video on the website to. After watching AJ fly it again that was the selling point for me Ben.
livinma1 is offline Find More Posts by livinma1
RCG Plus Member
to remove ads between posts
Old May 31, 2009, 10:08 PM
Sippin the Koolaid!
United States, NC, Hertford
Joined Oct 2007
16,394 Posts
I cant wait and its in time for my b-day. Lucky me! I will have everything ready for it by the time it gets here
losifanatic is offline Find More Posts by losifanatic
Old Jun 01, 2009, 03:23 AM
Triple boxed goodness!
United Kingdom, Doncaster
Joined Sep 2008
1,552 Posts
simon737 is offline Find More Posts by simon737
Old Jun 01, 2009, 03:24 AM
Triple boxed goodness!
United Kingdom, Doncaster
Joined Sep 2008
1,552 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by qman
i keep watching that video of AJ with the 42" in arizona over and over, just love it.
man i wish i could fly like that.
Yeah that is a great video, good music too!
simon737 is offline Find More Posts by simon737
Old Jun 01, 2009, 03:49 PM
United States, NY, Strykersville
Joined Feb 2007
164 Posts
Thanks for all the great info in this thread.
The problem for me is the wait was to long. It's flying season and I got tired of waiting for a slow boat full of kits. My money went else where. I'll be checking back throughout the summer and look forward to this being my winter build for next year. Good luck to everyone who is on the waiting list. I hope the kits arrive soon and fly great. Keep the vids. coming they really show the ability of the plane and pilots.

Thanks again
chris butcher is offline Find More Posts by chris butcher
Old Jun 01, 2009, 04:20 PM
Wanaka, NZ
Joined Mar 2009
601 Posts
given the choice between a 42" slick and the 51" does the "bigger is better" apply, all things being equal would people still prefer the 51".

anyone know if the 51" will fit into a subaru outback without taking off the wings. i am thinking not. 40" easy, 42" fine, 47-48 maybe, anyone have one.
qman is offline Find More Posts by qman
Old Jun 01, 2009, 04:24 PM
United States, GA, Woodstock
Joined Jan 2007
6,605 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by qman
given the choice between a 42" slick and the 51" does the "bigger is better" apply, all things being equal would people still prefer the 51".

anyone know if the 51" will fit into a subaru outback without taking off the wings. i am thinking not. 40" easy, 42" fine, 47-48 maybe, anyone have one.
The 51" fits into the back of my Camry with the wings on so I would think it wouldnt be a problem for the Outback.
GoldCraft is offline Find More Posts by GoldCraft
Old Jun 01, 2009, 04:48 PM
Ta-dah!
Texas
Joined May 2007
4,457 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldCraft
The 51" fits into the back of my Camry with the wings on so I would think it wouldnt be a problem for the Outback.

What year Camry? I have an 03 and can't seem to stuff it in there. Can you show me a pic or describe how you get it in there? I would love to keep the wings on and transport whole.
blakevan is offline Find More Posts by blakevan
Old Jun 01, 2009, 08:24 PM
USA, SD, Rapid City
Joined Jan 2008
678 Posts
I fit my 51" in my 02 sentra it was a squeeze but it fit. Now I can haul my 51" slick my 47" edge a couple of foamies in my wifes fit with the seats down. I would hope an outback should work. I do want the 42" because 47 and 51 "er wont fit in the cab of my pickup and I dont have a topper.
Zimm98 is online now Find More Posts by Zimm98
Old Jun 02, 2009, 11:11 AM
Some Sharp Looking Cheddar
Cleveland, OH
Joined Aug 2008
1,665 Posts
I am trying to get all my parts together for my Slick and I am wondering, can I get away with using servos that aren't metal or karbonite gears? I have some Spektrum S75's I had in a 40" Yak that is being gutted for the Slick, and wondering if I can use them.

Also, is the rudder going to be on the pull pull setup?
i love nachos is online now Find More Posts by i love nachos
Last edited by i love nachos; Jun 02, 2009 at 11:24 AM.
Old Jun 02, 2009, 11:32 AM
House of Paine
United States, AZ, Gilbert
Joined May 2007
2,149 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by i love nachos
I am trying to get all my parts together for my Slick and I am wondering, can I get away with using servos that aren't metal or karbonite gears? I have some Spektrum S75's I had in a 40" Yak that is being gutted for the Slick, and wondering if I can use them.

I would think it depends of how you fly but if you want to throw it around I'd go MG. I saw a guy last weekend drive in a 40" Edge when his karbonite gear stripped on the rudder locking it at about full deflection. He does fly very aggressively however.
weaser42 is online now Find More Posts by weaser42
Old Jun 02, 2009, 11:34 AM
↓↘→ + (punch)
central PA.
Joined Sep 2004
19,923 Posts
Quote:

Could fly it with smaller servos, HS65's would be as much as this baby would need. Put metal gear on the rudder if you think you'll abuse it, but that would be about it.
theKM is offline Find More Posts by theKM
Old Jun 02, 2009, 12:18 PM
Don't lie to my dog.
United States, DE, Wilmington
Joined Jun 2005
3,039 Posts
Quote:
I am trying to get all my parts together for my Slick and I am wondering, can I get away with using servos that aren't metal or karbonite gears? I have some Spektrum S75's I had in a 40" Yak that is being gutted for the Slick, and wondering if I can use them...
The S75s are not very good servos. There is a lot of slop in them, worse than HS55s. Even if they are strong enough, they are not good enough for this (or any other 3DHS) plane.
Gregg28 is online now Find More Posts by Gregg28
Old Jun 02, 2009, 12:25 PM
Some Sharp Looking Cheddar
Cleveland, OH
Joined Aug 2008
1,665 Posts
Thanks Weaser, KM and Gregg. I think I am going to order some BlueBird BMS-373MGs. I have them on my 47" SR and 47" Katana and had good luck with them. Thanks for the help

Nick
i love nachos is online now Find More Posts by i love nachos
Old Jun 02, 2009, 05:57 PM
Registered Ground Tester
Millbrae, CA
Joined Feb 2008
66 Posts
+1 Yellow coming to California.

The combo page says it's a 42mm spinner but I can't find a 42mm spinner page on the site?

It's a new part. Not on the site yet. I'll try to get those added before we leave next for the FLI. As it is, you can certainly order the aircraft and I'll be glad to do a "no shipping charge" order for the spinner later and send it in the same box.[/QUOTE]

I'd like to do the spinner "nsc" deal too! Anything close to yellow?
Thanks, Jay
Ben Pumpiner is offline Find More Posts by Ben Pumpiner