SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Feb 18, 2013, 01:58 AM
United Kingdom, London
Joined Jul 2011
2,243 Posts
well, must be because all my planes are quite nose heavy if not neutral...
rimaarts is offline Find More Posts by rimaarts
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 18, 2013, 02:01 AM
United States, AK, Anchorage
Joined Oct 2011
4,726 Posts
I fly neutral... inverted hands off to slightly forward CG.
bryansifsof44 is online now Find More Posts by bryansifsof44
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Weights for planes
Old Feb 18, 2013, 09:52 PM
United States, CO, Colorado Springs
Joined Jan 2012
27 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bryansifsof44 View Post
I flew a Futaba 7C and have had this mix setup before but I honestly can't remember what the mixes were (+or-). Your just going to have to play with the mix and get Rudder (master) to Elevator (slave) to go up in both directions... you will be able to see the elevator move and if it moves in the wrong direction go to the other end (ie: from + to - or - to +). On my DX8 one direction is plus and the other is minus, this was the same with my Aurora 9.
And that's what I was saying that is confusing.... Yes whether it be + or - I don't remember, but one goes up, and the other down. But one mix does allow both to go up or down when I rudder left or right... Maybe I set up separate mixes for rud left, and another mix for rud right?

My Xmitter (Futaba 6c), only has two mixes available. I am considering a radio upgrade, esp, if I need more mix options....

So the question I have now, do you set separate mixes for left and right rudder? And if not, mine goes....say, up elev on right rud., and down elev on left rud, in the mix.

I apologize for my ignorance on the subject, like I said...new to 3d flying still, and have never worked with mixes before....
AK Flyer 76 is offline Find More Posts by AK Flyer 76
Old Feb 18, 2013, 09:56 PM
United States, WI, Fond du Lac
Joined Sep 2011
663 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by AK Flyer 76 View Post
And that's what I was saying that is confusing.... Yes whether it be + or - I don't remember, but one goes up, and the other down. But one mix does allow both to go up or down when I rudder left or right... Maybe I set up separate mixes for rud left, and another mix for rud right?

My Xmitter (Futaba 6c), only has two mixes available. I am considering a radio upgrade, esp, if I need more mix options....

So the question I have now, do you set separate mixes for left and right rudder? And if not, mine goes....say, up elev on right rud., and down elev on left rud, in the mix.

I apologize for my ignorance on the subject, like I said...new to 3d flying still, and have never worked with mixes before....
It all depends on what your bird is doing which in turn will dictate which way u mix in you elevator. Go to bone docs video on knife edge mixing
racerboy65 is offline Find More Posts by racerboy65
Old Feb 19, 2013, 04:07 AM
United Kingdom, London
Joined Jul 2011
2,243 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by AK Flyer 76 View Post

im flying dx8 and i can input both sided mix on a rudder... i think one of the reasons why i upgraded from dx6 was to get a bit more mixes... (i THINK on dx6 i also had to set up separate mixing) dx8-no such problem (i assume any radio on dx8 level would be the same)
rimaarts is offline Find More Posts by rimaarts
Old Feb 25, 2013, 08:19 AM
USA, NJ, West Paterson
Joined Feb 2008
1,265 Posts
Sub'd
jamesrini is offline Find More Posts by jamesrini
Old Feb 26, 2013, 05:03 PM
my Head is Spinning!!!
United States, CA, Los Angeles
Joined Aug 2012
1,009 Posts
Hi Guys,
I just got a 42 slick V1. I am using a Eflite Power 10 HS65MG for rudder and elevator and HS65HB for the ailerons.

Is it okay to use a Eflite 60 amp ESC? the only other ESC i have is the Eflite 40amp. Are there any drawbacks with going with th 60 amp other than weight. Its only a 2gram difference in weight.

Thanks...I just need to attach my control lonkages and my Slick is ready for the maiden. Any suggestions advice?
Helldiver is offline Find More Posts by Helldiver
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Horizon Hobby Faze!
Old Feb 26, 2013, 05:07 PM
Fort Wayne
Joined Feb 2009
4,731 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Helldiver View Post
Hi Guys,
I just got a 42 slick V1. I am using a Eflite Power 10 HS65MG for rudder and elevator and HS65HB for the ailerons.

Is it okay to use a Eflite 60 amp ESC? the only other ESC i have is the Eflite 40amp. Are there any drawbacks with going with th 60 amp other than weight. Its only a 2gram difference in weight.

Thanks...I just need to attach my control lonkages and my Slick is ready for the maiden. Any suggestions advice?
20 amps
2 grams
jsmith285 is offline Find More Posts by jsmith285
Old Feb 26, 2013, 05:16 PM
Indianapolis, IN
Joined Oct 2010
1,864 Posts
Nope no drawbacks at all other than weight.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Helldiver View Post
Hi Guys,

IndyMatt is offline Find More Posts by IndyMatt
Old Feb 26, 2013, 05:25 PM
Joined Oct 2011
4,726 Posts
2g isn't a deal breaker, but a light 42 definitely performs better then the heavier 42 post stall.
RCG Plus Member
Old Feb 26, 2013, 06:19 PM
my Head is Spinning!!!
United States, CA, Los Angeles
Joined Aug 2012
1,009 Posts
^ thanks for the responses. I am on schedule for a maiden on Saturday morning.
What I have....depends on how she flies this weekend, these are my options
my power 10 is 122grams swinging a 12x6
eventually I hope to get the Omega 103g

Esc is the 60 Eflite ESC is 66 grams
the other 40 Eflite ESC i have is 64 grams....

eventually get a Castle Lite

...yes my setup is kinda on the heavy side
Helldiver is offline Find More Posts by Helldiver
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Horizon Hobby Faze!
Old Feb 26, 2013, 07:45 PM
Joined Oct 2011
4,726 Posts
It is... I liked 160g batts or less with a 100g motor and a 50g speed controller... Anything heavier added negative results for me.
RCG Plus Member
Old Feb 28, 2013, 10:21 AM
Do it upside down
Michigan
Joined Jul 2007
824 Posts
Hey there Slick 42 experts...

I am looking at a used (new in the box) 3DHS Slick 42 that's for sale and I am trying to figure out how to tell which version it is. The guy I'm talking to says hes had it for about a year and never even had it out of the box. From what I have read, the canopy is different and the landing gear. Are there more differences? How can I tell from looking at pics?

Sorry for my noobness, but I have never owned a 3DHS plane (or balsa plane for that matter) and I am looking to purchase my first.

Thanks for your help,
Greg
Jeep_Angler is offline Find More Posts by Jeep_Angler
Old Feb 28, 2013, 10:30 AM
Santi
United States, MO, Clayton
Joined Nov 2003
1,605 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeep_Angler View Post
Hey there Slick 42 experts...

I am looking at a used (new in the box) 3DHS Slick 42 that's for sale and I am trying to figure out how to tell which version it is. The guy I'm talking to says hes had it for about a year and never even had it out of the box. From what I have read, the canopy is different and the landing gear. Are there more differences? How can I tell from looking at pics?

Sorry for my noobness, but I have never owned a 3DHS plane (or balsa plane for that matter) and I am looking to purchase my first.

Thanks for your help,
Greg
You can tell by the color scheme
DaaBears is online now Find More Posts by DaaBears
Old Feb 28, 2013, 10:33 AM
Santi
United States, MO, Clayton
Joined Nov 2003
1,605 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaaBears View Post
You can tell by the color scheme
Red or orange with big star on the fuse and wings is new, yellow or red white blue and yellow is old. Old has two piece lg, New has one.
DaaBears is online now Find More Posts by DaaBears