Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Jul 09, 2009, 09:21 AM
Ta-dah!
Texas
Joined May 2007
4,463 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidsons
Thanks for the report. Now more anxious to maiden mine. Nice to know on the cg. I balanced mine on the wing tube last night so it sounds like I can move the battery back where I originally anticipated it...basically all the way back on the battery tray.

What weight is your battery? Just wondering where I should put my velcro.
blakevan is offline Find More Posts by blakevan
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 09, 2009, 09:23 AM
Some Sharp Looking Cheddar
Cleveland, OH
Joined Aug 2008
1,685 Posts
Hey did I hear right that the pull pull cables need to cross and create an "X"? should I have done that with my SR?!
i love nachos is offline Find More Posts by i love nachos
Old Jul 09, 2009, 09:25 AM
United States, PA, Lancaster
Joined Jun 2003
24,141 Posts
they'll rub the fuselage outlet holes a bit less if crossed, but it's not super-critical on the SR.
blucor basher is offline Find More Posts by blucor basher
Site Sponsor
Old Jul 09, 2009, 09:32 AM
I am the BBQ Ninja
United States, MN, Woodbury
Joined Jan 2003
3,721 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmy34256
"out for delivery"

WooHoo !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ditto!
Willmsy is offline Find More Posts by Willmsy
Old Jul 09, 2009, 09:36 AM
DFW
Joined Jul 2009
29 Posts
thought I'd add that it lands just like the 51", it comes in real stable and light feeling and it has a blastic roll rate.... I'm just too rusty to be a good source of how it compares to anything else flying. I have been out of the hobby for about 3 yrs. Last weekend I maidened a new 51" slick. So I haven't had a lot of stick time since I came back. I do know that it flies better than any small plane I have ever flown!!!! Man, there has been some really nice improvements since last flew!!!!
Thanks Steve for your help and advice in getting back in!!!
Bob
blancon is offline Find More Posts by blancon
Old Jul 09, 2009, 09:57 AM
Some Sharp Looking Cheddar
Cleveland, OH
Joined Aug 2008
1,685 Posts
Thanks Ben
i love nachos is offline Find More Posts by i love nachos
Old Jul 09, 2009, 10:15 AM
Real Men Fly Pink Planes...
United States, TX, Rockwall
Joined Jun 2001
8,080 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by blancon
Yep, Just getting to work.... I had two flights on my 42 this morning. It tracks nicely, in high rates it is very responsive but not twitchy. I'm running the 2350 pack and I think it makes this a heaveir setup. No problem hovering, not as fast pull out as expected with these batteries. I tested the vertical at the end of the battery and I did run out speed, will check with a fresh battery.... It is ballanced just behine the wing tube and is neutral inverted. I like the way it flies, not as floaty as the 51"... might try the 1750's to see what that does... it could only get better!!!! Nice Job Ben and Company!

Bob
Congrats Bob... I got the red one too...
How is it compared to some of the other 4*" 3dhs planes as far as stability and such?

Kirby
kepople is offline Find More Posts by kepople
Old Jul 09, 2009, 10:25 AM
DFW
Joined Jul 2009
29 Posts
Kirby,
The 51 that I maidened last weekend and the 42 this morning are the only two 3DH planes I have... See post 1640.. its been a while, but it is a huge improvement over the mini Funtana I was flying when I dropped out. I did meet a guy at the Renner field that was testing out one of Ben's planes, but they were not on the market yet. I think that guy is one of Ben's distributors now..... He said he worked for Nortel when I talked to him and I bleive Steve knows him... On the other hand if you let me fly some of your 40 something inch 3DH planes I will have something to compare....ha ha..
Bob
blancon is offline Find More Posts by blancon
Old Jul 09, 2009, 10:32 AM
Ta-dah!
Texas
Joined May 2007
4,463 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by blancon
Kirby,
The 51 that I maidened last weekend and the 42 this morning are the only two 3DH planes I have... See post 1640.. its been a while, but it is a huge improvement over the mini Funtana I was flying when I dropped out. I did meet a guy at the Renner field that was testing out one of Ben's planes, but they were not on the market yet. I think that guy is one of Ben's distributors now..... He said he worked for Nortel when I talked to him and I bleive Steve knows him... On the other hand if you let me fly some of your 40 something inch 3DH planes I will have something to compare....ha ha..
Bob
Was it David Hoye?
blakevan is offline Find More Posts by blakevan
Old Jul 09, 2009, 10:35 AM
JUNK RADIO
USA, NY, Queens
Joined Dec 2006
3,124 Posts
give me the spyplane description!
Flazo is online now Find More Posts by Flazo
Old Jul 09, 2009, 10:38 AM
Allen, Texas
Joined Feb 2004
3,520 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by blakevan
Was it David Hoye?
Yes it was David Hoye he met back then with a 47" SHP.

The distributor Bob is thinking about is James Bruce (feathermerchant).
davidsons is offline Find More Posts by davidsons
Old Jul 09, 2009, 10:45 AM
Monroe, Michigan
Joined Oct 2002
1,648 Posts
The 42" Slick was designed to have a little higher cubic loading then the 51". The plane will 3d as well as the 51" but should actually track just a little bit better. I have been flying mine quite a bit and it seems to do everything that I could have wished for.

Andrew
Andrew Jesky is offline Find More Posts by Andrew Jesky
Old Jul 09, 2009, 11:34 AM
Long Island, NY
Joined Mar 2006
943 Posts
I have a question on tracking. When it is said that one plane tracks better than another, is this refering to up lines and down lines or is it something else?
Scott
Scooter0509 is offline Find More Posts by Scooter0509
Old Jul 09, 2009, 11:35 AM
Fly Low or you'll never know!
Thornton, Colorado
Joined Jul 2002
3,825 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew Jesky
The 42" Slick was designed to have a little higher cubic loading then the 51". The plane will 3d as well as the 51" but should actually track just a little bit better. I have been flying mine quite a bit and it seems to do everything that I could have wished for.

Andrew

Sweet Andrew. Gonna put one in the air as soon as it's built. Picking mine up this weekend. I'll compare it to my 51''.

Cory
RC4x4 is offline Find More Posts by RC4x4
Old Jul 09, 2009, 11:37 AM
Some.. call him Tim...
United States, TX, Austin
Joined Oct 2008
6,349 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew Jesky

Andrew

Your killing me AJ , I wont have mine until Monday.
Ducati Mechanic is offline Find More Posts by Ducati Mechanic