SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Dec 10, 2010, 09:37 PM
Sippin the Koolaid!
United States, NC, Hertford
Joined Oct 2007
16,466 Posts
I have a cellpro 10S charger so it balance charges every time. The 2200s I could do a 10amp charge with out worry but the 1800s I could only do a 3s charge rate or they would get realy really hot. I didnt notice a difference in performance until about 30 or so cycles. I honestly wouldnt have noticed if I didnt have other batteries to compair them to.
losifanatic is offline Find More Posts by losifanatic
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 10, 2010, 09:45 PM
Team 3DHS
Nashville , Tennessee
Joined Jan 2009
5,477 Posts
I was looking at some of the Nano packs so I could quick charge them .... but a guy at our field told me when you charge them at over 1 C it really affects the performance after awhile , on all batterys ... not just turnigy.
wamsy55 is offline Find More Posts by wamsy55
Old Dec 10, 2010, 09:50 PM
Sippin the Koolaid!
Joined Oct 2007
16,466 Posts
NOT TRUE. My hyperions have 500+ cycles and they alll have been 2 to 5C charges. My 2600s have over 400 cycles and they have been charged at 10amps with no issues. I have NEVER had a turnigy last that long even when chargeing at 1C

Also hyperion did a test and there batteries at 200cycles at 5C charge rates had BETTER performace than when they were new
Old Dec 10, 2010, 10:17 PM
Landings are not optional
Van Nuys, CA
Joined Sep 2003
1,805 Posts
+1 Losi's comments.
I've gone through two generations and am starting on a third of the Turnigy's, where my original Hyperion VX 35C 2200 is still stronger, and it's older than the first of the Turnigy's.
I generally charged the turnigy's at 1C or sometimes 1.5C, and the Hyperion never less than 2C, ranging up to 5C.
DeuceTrinal is offline Find More Posts by DeuceTrinal
Old Dec 10, 2010, 10:21 PM
Sippin the Koolaid!
Joined Oct 2007
16,466 Posts
They are a little more money but so far its been worth every penny. In all honesty some turnigy 1800 30C lipos were stronger at first than my hyperions but give them 30 to 40 cycles and the hyperions were better. Same held true with the turnigy 2650 30C lipos and the hyperion 2600 35C lipos. The turnigys were stronger at first but once I was at about 50 cycles on teh turnigies the hyperions were out prerforming them. The 2650s only lasted about 120 cycles before they were soooo swollen they had to be trashed(they were only charged at 1C) They worst part is they were not even pushed that hard
Old Dec 10, 2010, 10:45 PM
Chicago, IL
Joined Nov 2009
3,037 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by losifanatic View Post
NOT TRUE. My hyperions have 500+ cycles and they alll have been 2 to 5C charges. My 2600s have over 400 cycles and they have been charged at 10amps with no issues. I have NEVER had a turnigy last that long even when chargeing at 1C

Also hyperion did a test and there batteries at 200cycles at 5C charge rates had BETTER performace than when they were new
My Blue Lipo 3s-2200 20c packs show a bit puff after 40+ cycles.

Only $10 battery anyway.
vienquach is offline Find More Posts by vienquach
Old Dec 10, 2010, 11:28 PM
USA, MI, Portage
Joined Feb 2009
600 Posts
Have you guys tried the Spyder batteries? I've got some 3s 2200 25c batteries that have been good and are only 29.99. You can charge at 3-5c and they have a 10% off going on right now.
chq28 is offline Find More Posts by chq28
Old Dec 11, 2010, 02:35 AM
Chicago, IL
Joined Nov 2009
3,037 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by chq28 View Post
Have you guys tried the Spyder batteries? I've got some 3s 2200 25c batteries that have been good and are only 29.99. You can charge at 3-5c and they have a 10% off going on right now.
$29.99, I'd get Nano tech for 2/3 the price (shipped), or Gens ace, much cheaper and free shipping.
vienquach is offline Find More Posts by vienquach
Old Dec 11, 2010, 09:22 AM
USA, MI, Portage
Joined Feb 2009
600 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by vienquach View Post
$29.99, I'd get Nano tech for 2/3 the price (shipped), or Gens ace, much cheaper and free shipping.
You are right I won't disagree, it's all what you like. I just don't like to buy from Hobbypartz or hobbyking, that's all.
Old Dec 11, 2010, 09:28 AM
Landings are not optional
Van Nuys, CA
Joined Sep 2003
1,805 Posts
Check these packs out: http://hicountryhobbies.com/index.ph...index&cPath=53
Fellow forums users have tested these as equal to or better than hyperion, even over many cycles. I just got my first couple to test, so far they measure really well. They ship from the US, and already have Deans type connectors. "BP10" gets you 10% off till the end of the year, and they give a free series or parallel connector with two packs.
DeuceTrinal is offline Find More Posts by DeuceTrinal
Old Dec 11, 2010, 09:59 AM
USA, MI, Portage
Joined Feb 2009
600 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeuceTrinal View Post
Check these packs out: http://hicountryhobbies.com/index.ph...index&cPath=53
Fellow forums users have tested these as equal to or better than hyperion, even over many cycles. I just got my first couple to test, so far they measure really well. They ship from the US, and already have Deans type connectors. "BP10" gets you 10% off till the end of the year, and they give a free series or parallel connector with two packs.
I've been on the fence about trying these, I may give these a try here sometime soon.
Old Dec 11, 2010, 11:39 AM
3D Legion: "for we are many"
United States, CO, Highlands Ranch
Joined Sep 2003
2,897 Posts
Anybody have experience with Dude Power batteries from RC Dude?
aerosheldon is offline Find More Posts by aerosheldon
Old Dec 11, 2010, 05:37 PM
Time To Fly The Best!
Hills of Eastern Ohio
Joined Nov 2008
13,891 Posts
8 flights today on the Baby Slick!

Had go work on the road today but got going and back by 1pm. By 2pm was off to fly, but windier than I had hoped. I was determined to fly since it all goes downhill tomorrow...

Was partly to mostly sunny @ 48. Winds were 15 from the SE to SW.

I only took the Slick for this wind and got all 6 of the 1800 packs flown out. Made for some interesting landing approaches at my usual site. Pretty choppy and dippy coming in, but once I got it low over the blacktop could land with barely any forward motion. Almost didn't need a motor to taxi back downwind! My canopy kept trying to slide away on the ground and the plane kept rolling back when I was swapping out packs.

That was the max winds I would choose to fly in and still have some fun safely. It gave me some pretty wild Tumbles off verticals and sometimes I couldn't get it to enter a KE Spin, was just too strong up high and it would not push the nose under and would get flattened out like a Blender. Just blown out.

I was thankful I got to fly that many. Came home, recharged while putting the Snow Blade, Chains and Weights on the Cub Cadet to be ready for tomorrow and the bigger snows later. Had a half hour of daylight, so took the Slick up to the local school practice field and flew two more packs there! No wind this time, almost dead calm. Dim light, but had a good time working lower on Hovers and Low HAKE slow passes down the field. Lots of KE Sliders too playing dodgepole with the one tall lightpole.

Got to take advantage of days like today at this time of year!
heritageflyer is offline Find More Posts by heritageflyer
Old Dec 11, 2010, 05:40 PM
Team 3DHS
Nashville , Tennessee
Joined Jan 2009
5,477 Posts
Well I got up ... weather was ok but a little windy ... the sun out ....

Oh wait ... I had to take the ACT ....

After I finish the test ..... even very windy , rainy , and cold ... ugh ... maybe next weekend ...

I hope the foamies get here soon ...

But I think I did good on the ACT so ... I guess I can live without flying for this weekend ...
wamsy55 is offline Find More Posts by wamsy55
Old Dec 11, 2010, 06:02 PM
Time To Fly The Best!
Hills of Eastern Ohio
Joined Nov 2008
13,891 Posts
I was only tested by the WIND.
heritageflyer is offline Find More Posts by heritageflyer