HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Reply
Thread Tools
Old Feb 01, 2009, 01:59 PM
FLYGUY
butch4u's Avatar
USA, FL, Punta Gorda
Joined Sep 2003
139 Posts
Discussion
2.4 module for Hitec Eclipse 7

A while back I saw an ad for a module to replace the Spectra module on an Eclipse 7 to convert it ti 2.4. Anyone know who sells it ? Dan
butch4u is offline Find More Posts by butch4u
Reply With Quote
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 01, 2009, 02:03 PM
WAA-08 THANK FRANK!
JimNM's Avatar
Las Cruces, New Mexico, United States
Joined Jun 2002
7,118 Posts
Hobbycity carries the ASSAN X8 system. About 90.00 for a TX, a 6ch and a 7 chan RX.

Use the FUTABA module for Hitec conversions (Eclipse and Optic radios)
JimNM is offline Find More Posts by JimNM
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 01, 2009, 02:11 PM
most exalted one
BC Canada
Joined Aug 2002
3,492 Posts
Xtremepowersystems.net
4*60 is offline Find More Posts by 4*60
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 01, 2009, 02:19 PM
WAA-08 THANK FRANK!
JimNM's Avatar
Las Cruces, New Mexico, United States
Joined Jun 2002
7,118 Posts
^^ ASSAN receivers run from $20 to $35 for 4 to 7 channels. The 8,9 and 10 channel are a littel higer.
JimNM is offline Find More Posts by JimNM
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 01, 2009, 02:51 PM
Retired USAF
cynjon's Avatar
USA, SD, Piedmont
Joined Jul 2005
2,910 Posts
Is this the thread you saw? The Spektrum module for Futaba should work fine as JimNM said. $109 WITH an AR7000 RX is a steal!
cynjon is offline Find More Posts by cynjon
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 01, 2009, 02:57 PM
WAA-08 THANK FRANK!
JimNM's Avatar
Las Cruces, New Mexico, United States
Joined Jun 2002
7,118 Posts
^^*^^ The ASSAN module is the one that I am using... their unit fits both FUTABA and Hitec - or you can get the JR version...

http://www.hobbycity.com/hobbycity/s...W/_Module_&_RX
JimNM is offline Find More Posts by JimNM
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 01, 2009, 03:06 PM
FLYGUY
butch4u's Avatar
USA, FL, Punta Gorda
Joined Sep 2003
139 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimNM
^^*^^ The ASSAN module is the one that I am using... their unit fits both FUTABA and Hitec - or you can get the JR version...

http://www.hobbycity.com/hobbycity/s...W/_Module_&_RX
Thanks guys I knew you would know. Dan
butch4u is offline Find More Posts by butch4u
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 01, 2009, 03:23 PM
WAA-08 THANK FRANK!
JimNM's Avatar
Las Cruces, New Mexico, United States
Joined Jun 2002
7,118 Posts
I suggest that you will want to get one of these to go with it...

9.00 for an extended antenna that will move the antenna to the top of your radio...
http://www.himodel.com/radios/Extend...RF_Module.html

Himodel also carries the ASSAN stuff - but I tend to order from HobyCity more often. To fit the 2.4 antenna to the top of the Eclipse...

1 - remove the 72 mhz antenna
2 - dremel cut a slot up the back of plastic turtleneck 72 mhz antenna holder
3 - Smear a good size glob of goop around the base of the 2.4 antenna holder and insert into the slightly larger 72 mhz antenna hole.

It looks a little red-neck, but I'm not ever going back to 72 mhz and the fix is good enough for me AND the number 1 reason - I'll never worry about the antenna/tx module interface vs. the ground.

If you need more info - just shoot me a pm.

JimNM
JimNM is offline Find More Posts by JimNM
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 01, 2009, 05:22 PM
FLYGUY
butch4u's Avatar
USA, FL, Punta Gorda
Joined Sep 2003
139 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimNM
I suggest that you will want to get one of these to go with it...

9.00 for an extended antenna that will move the antenna to the top of your radio...
http://www.himodel.com/radios/Extend...RF_Module.html

Himodel also carries the ASSAN stuff - but I tend to order from HobyCity more often. To fit the 2.4 antenna to the top of the Eclipse...

1 - remove the 72 mhz antenna
2 - dremel cut a slot up the back of plastic turtleneck 72 mhz antenna holder
3 - Smear a good size glob of goop around the base of the 2.4 antenna holder and insert into the slightly larger 72 mhz antenna hole.

It looks a little red-neck, but I'm not ever going back to 72 mhz and the fix is good enough for me AND the number 1 reason - I'll never worry about the antenna/tx module interface vs. the ground.

If you need more info - just shoot me a pm.

JimNM
Thanks again. Dan
butch4u is offline Find More Posts by butch4u
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 04, 2009, 10:55 AM
WAA-08 THANK FRANK!
JimNM's Avatar
Las Cruces, New Mexico, United States
Joined Jun 2002
7,118 Posts
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...postcount=2714

Photos of the installation
JimNM is offline Find More Posts by JimNM
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 04, 2009, 11:52 AM
Registered User
The Netherlands
Joined Oct 2006
38 Posts
New Hi-tec 2.4GHz solution

Hi-tec will introduce their own 2.4GHz system at the Nürnberg Toy Fair.

It's called AFHSS Adaptive Frequency Hopping Spread Spektrum

http://www.hitecrc.de/store/news.php
br@m is offline Find More Posts by br@m
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 04, 2009, 11:54 AM
Hitec/Multiplex USA
MikeMayberry's Avatar
Poway, California, United States
Joined Sep 2000
4,193 Posts
As eluded to here: http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=995220 the Hitec 2.4Ghz system does exist and will be available in the near future.

Mike.
MikeMayberry is online now Find More Posts by MikeMayberry
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 04, 2009, 12:16 PM
Inciting Riots
village_idiot's Avatar
Joined Dec 2006
9,687 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeMayberry
As eluded to here: http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=995220 the Hitec 2.4Ghz system does exist and will be available in the near future.

Mike.
Since it is so late to the game, I hope it is 100% bullet proof when it comes out. Even the Jeti system has been found to have some significant flaws. If the engineers have been reading the posts, they should have had an extremely well detailed feature list and I hope it hits the ground with receivers from 2 grams and larger.
village_idiot is offline Find More Posts by village_idiot
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 04, 2009, 12:59 PM
The reviewer
XJet's Avatar
Tokoroa
Joined Mar 2004
3,827 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by village_idiot
Since it is so late to the game, I hope it is 100% bullet proof when it comes out. Even the Jeti system has been found to have some significant flaws. If the engineers have been reading the posts, they should have had an extremely well detailed feature list and I hope it hits the ground with receivers from 2 grams and larger.
Hitec's track record for version 1.0 bugs is not really very good so I'd advise folks to sit on the fence for a few months and see what kind of experience the early-adopters have before forking out for this new system.

eg: (but not a complete list)

Electron 6 heat issues
Fusion 9 vibration issues
Digital servo lock-up issues
Digital servo compatibility issues
Optic 6 firmware issues (AAA bug)
Optic 6/Spektrum case-fit issues (many crashed models)
QPCM receiver resolution issues

etc, etc.

Hitec (eventually) make really good stuff -- but they do seem to need a good beta-test program to avoid these stuff-ups.
XJet is offline Find More Posts by XJet
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Question Spektrum 2.4 module for Hitec Eclipse radio? hotwheels Radios 5 Dec 29, 2008 09:34 PM
Found WTB: Spectra module for Hitec Eclipse 7 kookboy Aircraft - Electric - Helis (FS/W) 3 Jan 20, 2006 04:01 PM
WTB 6ch. or more RX for hitec eclipse 7 FiremanJoe Aircraft - General - Radio Equipment (FS/W) 2 Apr 05, 2005 09:27 PM
where to find 35Mhz spectra module for hitec eclipse ? oded mazor Electric Plane Talk 3 Dec 28, 2004 09:56 AM
Charger for Hitec Eclipse 7 tx dimple Radios 1 Jun 16, 2003 02:36 AM