SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Mar 12, 2003, 09:38 PM
Albany, GA
Joined Jun 2002
2,356 Posts
NO NAME flys

Well, I have known it will fly and fly well for two days now. I flew it quite a bit two days ago but again, i had some very very bad glitching at our local airport and you know what happend. Anyhow i build another fuselage and went out today and had a blast again. I have 12 minutes of video but its on a DVD and im not sure how to get it off there to a file everone can see. Im working on that right now, but a nother problem is the size of the file. Its 555 MB on the DVD so im sure its still going to be a large file in some other format. I will do my best to get it in a format were you guys can see it perform. My wife did the video work and she did good for the first time but its hard to see jus whats going on at times. Anyhow i will let you see the clip to see what you think about the performance. By the way, it ended up with everything except a cowl at 15 oz even with a 8 cell HE pack. That was with a 25 amp CC ESC and four HS55 servos.

Mike
Mike Hall is offline Find More Posts by Mike Hall
Last edited by Mike Hall; Mar 12, 2003 at 09:56 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 12, 2003, 09:58 PM
Albany, GA
Joined Jun 2002
2,356 Posts
Here is a pic of the no name plane untill i pic 10 names from to put in the name poll. I will be doing that tonight so get ready to vote on the name you like most.

Mike
Old Mar 13, 2003, 01:05 AM
HobbyKing
Hong Kong, Hong Kong Island, Hong Kong
Joined Apr 2001
4,564 Posts
Mike, looks great, just remember.....Falcon 3D...... 15 oz, exactly what I figured it would weigh, that is a very good weight considering all the battery and equipment in there.

--Paul
Paul Susbauer is offline Find More Posts by Paul Susbauer
Site Sponsor
Old Mar 13, 2003, 01:31 AM
Leave me alone!
Kamloops, BC, Canada
Joined Feb 2002
15,106 Posts
I've just got three words for you Mike.....

Vid

E

O

That small clippet I got from you wasn't NEARLY enough!

Martin
Martin Hunter is offline Find More Posts by Martin Hunter
Old Mar 13, 2003, 03:27 AM
Albany, GA
Joined Jun 2002
2,356 Posts
Paul, the goal was 14 oz with HE cells. I can hit that with a few other things but thats without the cowl. I bought a light weight Y harness but i found out something is wrong with it so i had to use a big heavy y harness that put me over 14 oz. This thing would have been 14.8 oz with the lightweigh harness. Not bad for a EPS 300 powered plane with an 8 cell HE pack. And thats not even real light weight wood. I could get one much lighter if needed. I was even thinking of setting one up for IPS power for indoor flying but i dont have anywhere to fly indoors

Mike