Old Sep 19, 2012, 02:17 AM
Flying high
Tampa Florida
Joined Nov 2007
316 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stixx44 View Post
What motor is that biker-dude ? looks like the hobbymate 1700kv
Yeppers, that would be the hobby mate 1700. I believe it was damaged when I bought the set up. I noticed a (slight ding) in the bottom of it when I purchased it from the guy on Ebay.

I don't think you can blame the motor for that one. It looked really cool when it started smoking!
biker dude is offline Find More Posts by biker dude
Old Sep 19, 2012, 10:43 AM
Retired Old Guy
United States, IL, New Lenox
Joined Jan 2012
618 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by biker dude View Post
Hi RWW, I'm sorry to hear your dealing with crappy finances too. It's all over I guess.

Right before my motor went I was having problems with the tracking too. I was just getting ready to put the feathering shaft sleeve back in. I forgot to put in in the last time I had things apart. I thought that might have been the problem.

Anyway, thanks everyone.

BD
HI BD,

Feathering shaft sleeve is new and installed. Going to LHS this AM to see if they have the KBDD dampers.

That motor looks nasty. Probably has a nasty odor about it as well.

RWW
whitehedr is offline Find More Posts by whitehedr
Old Sep 19, 2012, 01:41 PM
Need More PURPLE !!
United States, NV, Las Vegas
Joined Aug 2012
3,747 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by biker dude View Post
Yeppers, that would be the hobby mate 1700. I believe it was damaged when I bought the set up. I noticed a (slight ding) in the bottom of it when I purchased it from the guy on Ebay.

I don't think you can blame the motor for that one. It looked really cool when it started smoking!
How ironic...Same motor , same ding ?? must be a factory malfunction taking place. ha
Dejavu*Xion is offline Find More Posts by Dejavu*Xion
Old Sep 19, 2012, 05:03 PM
Retired Old Guy
Joined Jan 2012
618 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MRFASTPHIL View Post
..i have some of those KBDD "orange" dampners in my EXI's head, and the hardness holds the blade tracking pretty well on this Hughes Defender and it's 4400 lipo....
Nice looking helicopter Phil. I now have some orange dampers on order from Amainhobbies. Should be here a week from today. While they are enroute I will fly it as is (weather permitting). Wind is really blustery today. I am also working with Phoenix sim.

RCAerodyne fuse? It looks real nice. Is it easy to see when it is in the sky?

RWW
Old Sep 19, 2012, 06:00 PM
Flying high
Tampa Florida
Joined Nov 2007
316 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stixx44 View Post
How ironic...Same motor , same ding ?? must be a factory malfunction taking place. ha
Yours does look factory enhanced. Mine though I believe was previous owner induced.

I love show and tell!
Old Sep 19, 2012, 06:01 PM
Flying high
Tampa Florida
Joined Nov 2007
316 Posts
Hey RWW be sure and let us know how the new dampers work out when you get them and install them.
Old Sep 19, 2012, 06:14 PM
Flying high
Tampa Florida
Joined Nov 2007
316 Posts
If anyone is interested, I found this dealer for Tarot parts a while ago. They are in the states and ship fast. I've been looking into Tarot parts as a less expensive replacement for Align and will be using them as other parts give out. The quality seems a lot better than the parts from some other dealers out there. Of course most of you probably already know about Tarot.
Anyway, here is the link.

http://tmkarc1hobby.com/
Old Sep 19, 2012, 06:42 PM
kansas city
Joined Feb 2007
12,794 Posts
http://www.tarot-rc-heli.com/

This is the official tarot rc in the states. I was sent there by 0577mx the makers of tarot.
mhills51 is online now Find More Posts by mhills51
RCG Plus Member
Old Sep 20, 2012, 01:16 AM
gravity tester
LaPine,OR Quarztsite AZ
Joined Nov 2008
711 Posts
Thanks RWW, yes i got the fuselage from RCAerodyne, it is a simple build, and very easy to install and remove the mechanics....i fly pretty close in because i enjoy seeing the heli....the EXI has been a good chopper for me, flying the last 3 or 4 years without any problems, last year, or so, i installed a Torque Tube Tail, and i like my TREXI even more!
MRFASTPHIL is offline Find More Posts by MRFASTPHIL
Old Sep 24, 2012, 08:55 PM
Retired Old Guy
Joined Jan 2012
618 Posts
The KBDD dampers are in the hub. To windy to fly today. I went from silky smooth grip rotation to notchy with the new dampers. I put them in with the ribs toward the grips. I asked the question in the HK-500 build thread (much more active thread) about which way they should go and it sounds like I got it right. I am going to take it apart and see if I can find the nothcy.

RWW
Old Sep 25, 2012, 05:14 PM
Retired Old Guy
Joined Jan 2012
618 Posts
I flew it today and the rotor disk is dead on. I did not make any adjustments at all. The grips are still a little notchy, but not as bad as when I put them in. Maybe I will change the thrust bearings again to see if that helps.

RWW
Old Sep 25, 2012, 06:26 PM
kansas city
Joined Feb 2007
12,794 Posts
Sometimes they free up. I have had really great luck with AVID bearings. They sell for $1 a bearing. Never put a head together with them and had it come out notchy. I can't say that for Align.
mhills51 is online now Find More Posts by mhills51
RCG Plus Member
Old Sep 25, 2012, 10:00 PM
Retired Old Guy
Joined Jan 2012
618 Posts
It was smooth as silk until the KBDD orange dampers. The dampers did fix the tracking or lack thereof issue and for that I am happy. I will fly it a while and see if things get smoother. It even sounded better with the new dampers, The blades were kinda making this hissing sound. It was cool.

RWW
Old Sep 26, 2012, 10:44 AM
AMA# 548800
United States, CT, Trumbull
Joined Dec 2007
5,223 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by whitehedr View Post
It was smooth as silk until the KBDD orange dampers. The dampers did fix the tracking or lack thereof issue and for that I am happy. I will fly it a while and see if things get smoother. It even sounded better with the new dampers, The blades were kinda making this hissing sound. It was cool.

RWW
you said before , you put the dampers in and they squashed into the grips and the head . you may need to trim them so they fit flush in the head.
jombo is offline Find More Posts by jombo