Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Dec 10, 2010, 11:08 AM
Team Wack-a-Mole
Maryland
Joined Oct 2008
8,437 Posts
Jombo , check out helidirect.com
they are closer to you and have inexpensive shipping for small stuff. Plus they ship the same day if you get the order in on time.
TOWER HOBBIES SHIPPING SUCKS!!!!
I don't often talk bad about a supplier. Expecially one that I used to frequent but I personally avoid tower because they are CONSTANTLY waiting DAYS to ship. Their economy shipping takes longer than first class mail too! I ordered something in the summer and chose priority mail. They took 2 DAYS TO SHIPP IT OUT and it then took 3 days to get to me.
Melnic is offline Find More Posts by Melnic
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 10, 2010, 11:32 AM
Joined Jul 2008
180 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Melnic View Post
+1 on that.

The only reason I ever order with them is when I get a gift card.
jhoyda is offline Find More Posts by jhoyda
Old Dec 10, 2010, 01:17 PM
Not a six pack
USA, IL, Chicago
Joined Jul 2008
5,235 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jhoyda View Post
+1 on that.

The only reason I ever order with them is when I get a gift card.
It's a shame too because their prices aren't so bad. Since they're in IL I pay taxes though. Maybe I should stop by when I go to efest.
rocketscience is offline Find More Posts by rocketscience
Old Dec 10, 2010, 01:24 PM
M0unt@in M0del$ minion
USA, AZ, Mesa
Joined Jul 2002
7,214 Posts
Quote:
Agreed! They use that ridiculous UPS/USPS "Mail Innovations". Where an order used to get to me in 2 days from Reno it now takes at minimum 6 days. I've spent thousands with them since the early 80's. Now I only buy when I get one of those $10.00 off a $50.00 order coupon numbers. If I'm in a hurry for something I buy elsewhere.

Jombo: I have the Castle 10 amp BEC hanging on mine. I've used it in several planes with no issues. Easy to program with the Castle Link too.

Joe
turbojoe is offline Find More Posts by turbojoe
Old Dec 10, 2010, 02:15 PM
AMA# 548800
United States, CT, Trumbull
Joined Dec 2007
4,870 Posts
yes , you are all right about that . if i am not in a hurry i will order from them . i will check out heli direct .
thanks joe , i need to get the castle link now , before with only 2 servos it was fine at 5v but with tis many mg servos i may need to step it up to 6v.
i just spun the head with the 3 cell lipo to just check tracking , my main gear wobbles like crazy and you can see that in the head . if it looks really bad when i spool it up with the 6 cell it will be time for an align gear .
here is a picture
jombo is offline Find More Posts by jombo
Last edited by jombo; Dec 20, 2010 at 03:12 PM.
Old Dec 10, 2010, 03:55 PM
Team Wack-a-Mole
Maryland
Joined Oct 2008
8,437 Posts
yea, mail innovations. innovating to make you wait ! They truck it regionally, then it goes into the mail at a lower cost. That's how they save $$. Don't get me started on the EVO battery line that's overpriced.
Melnic is offline Find More Posts by Melnic
Last edited by Melnic; Oct 04, 2011 at 12:31 PM.
Old Dec 10, 2010, 04:39 PM
United States, WA, Puyallup
Joined Aug 2006
2,207 Posts
Quote:
Jombo , check out helidirect.com
they are closer to you and have inexpensive shipping for small stuff. Plus they ship the same day if you get the order in on time.
I don't often talk bad about a supplier. Expecially one that I used to frequent but I personally avoid tower because they are CONSTANTLY waiting DAYS to ship. Their economy shipping takes longer than first class mail too! I ordered something in the summer and chose priority mail. They took 2 DAYS TO SHIPP IT OUT and it then took 3 days to get to me.
another +1 for tower, ordered some of those HS225s 2 weeks ago and still not here!! its putting the heli project on hold so here I sit broken hearted "you know the rest" sometimes it just doesnt pay to mail order something no matter how cheap they are! or if your gonna mail order spend some serious bux and really stock up....on another note the mailman was saying every delivery outfit is way backed up and they cant getem out fast enuff>>>>>>>>>>>>>>tis the season
lectroglide is offline Find More Posts by lectroglide
Old Dec 10, 2010, 04:53 PM
Joined Sep 2009
428 Posts
your build looks great.

my stuff came in today but i have a question on the align gyro tape k1043bt am i suppose to use all the foam or just what i need im putting it on a trex 600, exi 500, hk450 pro and i do have 3 different sets of gyro tape
anton831 is offline Find More Posts by anton831
Old Dec 10, 2010, 05:01 PM
AMA# 548800
Joined Dec 2007
4,870 Posts
spooled it up with the 6cell and its bad , the whole heli shakes, cant even get past 1/4 throttle . time to order new gears brand new out of the box . is there anything else that needs replacing since i am making an order
Old Dec 10, 2010, 05:09 PM
Joined Sep 2009
428 Posts
i would find were the wobbleing is coming from for sure but i replaced all of mine except the main shaft and feathering shaft
Old Dec 10, 2010, 05:23 PM
Joined Aug 2006
2,207 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by anton831 View Post
your build looks great.

my stuff came in today but i have a question on the align gyro tape k1043bt am i suppose to use all the foam or just what i need im putting it on a trex 600, exi 500, hk450 pro and i do have 3 different sets of gyro tape
dont know about align tape but had to use 2 pcs. of that futaba gyro tape, the idea is to almost have the gyro floating on the pad/tape so thiers absolutley no vibs, the best stuff out thier is that "Gel tape" thats if you can find it
Old Dec 10, 2010, 05:47 PM
AMA# 548800
Joined Dec 2007
4,870 Posts
its definitly from the gears, i have everything ballanced , checked the main shaft before i built it same withthe feathering shaft . the gears wobble pretty badly and i was getting that wobble even before i had the flybar on, i just didnt think it would be that bad . do you know if i can just replace the gears or do i need everything.
Old Dec 10, 2010, 06:05 PM
Joined Sep 2009
428 Posts
if you change out the main gear i beleiver your alright but im positive if you change out the auto gear you also have to change out the belt gear right next to it i hope im calling this stuff right, and the tail gear would be next if you dont change it out or stay out of grassy areas. look at my gears on my pic i took 4 pages back

THANKS LOCTROGIDE THAT MAKES SINCE, THAT SURE MADE A DIFFERNCE
Last edited by anton831; Dec 10, 2010 at 06:11 PM.
Old Dec 10, 2010, 06:47 PM
Not a six pack
USA, IL, Chicago
Joined Jul 2008
5,235 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by anton831 View Post
if you change out the main gear i beleiver your alright but im positive if you change out the auto gear you also have to change out the belt gear right next to it i hope im calling this stuff right, and the tail gear would be next if you dont change it out or stay out of grassy areas. look at my gears on my pic i took 4 pages back

THANKS LOCTROGIDE THAT MAKES SINCE, THAT SURE MADE A DIFFERNCE
I ended up changing both because i think the align gear is slightly bigger? ONe of them is a little bigger.

If you're talking about the align tape that comes with the metal plate, then it's tape, metal, tape, gyro.
rocketscience is offline Find More Posts by rocketscience
Old Dec 10, 2010, 06:53 PM
Joined Aug 2006
2,207 Posts
Problems with exi

well EXI isnt gonna get our bizz for a lonnnnnng time....last week we called and told them they shorted us some parts on the plastic 500 "THEY WERE WELL AWARE IT WAS THE WHOLE TAIL BOOM PKG" so here we are 7 days later and nothing shows up, so we call and play the waiting game then when they "FINALLY ANSWERED" ask them what hell happened to the parts you said you send right out???, thier reply was "oh we didnt know what you meant about the whole boom pkg" well you freakin idiots!! we sat right thier and told you what happened and you said youd send the parts right out, oh sorry will send them right out
Last edited by lectroglide; Dec 10, 2010 at 08:20 PM.