HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Nov 30, 2010, 09:26 PM
crashs come easy patience dont
USA, MI, Shelby Township
Joined Jan 2009
2,875 Posts
i honestly wish the EXI`s 500 had a metal frame, both my EXI v2 and Le has the metal frame.
i like these frames, they are strong and very crash proof. well the Le had a pretty bad crash, but a 12 dollar frame later it was new again. you cant do that with my align v2.

thought i had my 450`s sold, but the guy never called. then had a kid playing games on another forum acting like he want my ds760/os7654t combo. waiting on him, i lost out selling it to someone else.
this sale was going to pay for the 127 dollar EXI 500.

anyway, keep me up on the 225`s, they spec out good, just worried about the fit.

what about the airtronics servo`s? http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXYZW7&P=0
or futaba http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXWNE6&P=0
http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXZKA3&P=0
bad400 is offline Find More Posts by bad400
Last edited by bad400; Nov 30, 2010 at 09:39 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 30, 2010, 10:10 PM
United States, WA, Puyallup
Joined Aug 2006
2,214 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bad400 View Post
i honestly wish the EXI`s 500 had a metal frame, both my EXI v2 and Le has the metal frame.
i like these frames, they are strong and very crash proof. well the Le had a pretty bad crash, but a 12 dollar frame later it was new again. you cant do that with my align v2.

thought i had my 450`s sold, but the guy never called. then had a kid playing games on another forum acting like he want my ds760/os7654t combo. waiting on him, i lost out selling it to someone else.
this sale was going to pay for the 127 dollar EXI 500.

anyway, keep me up on the 225`s, they spec out good, just worried about the fit.

what about the airtronics servo`s? http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXYZW7&P=0
or futaba http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXWNE6&P=0
http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXZKA3&P=0
thats funny I thought the plastic version had a metal frame

somewhere in this thread is a guy that posted some servo adaptors for the 225s..I think thier $4.wish someone had them locally so I wouldnt have to order just one set...BTW if ya didnt know airtronix ends will not fit anything but airtronix equip. I tried once to rig up diffrent ends but for some reason it didnt work.......Ha,that was along time ago
lectroglide is online now Find More Posts by lectroglide
Old Nov 30, 2010, 10:25 PM
M0unt@in M0del$ minion
United States, AZ, Mesa
Joined Jul 2002
7,243 Posts
Here is a link to the servo adapters. LINK For some reason they call it a servo horn set. I went to two LHS today to pick up a set of these and a few other little items. One no longer carries Align and the other only had a very few parts for 450's. Looks like I'm going to have to drive a little further tomorrow. My HS-225's should be here this week. I hope I don't end up having to order the adapters. I guess I could probably make my own if I had to.

Joe
turbojoe is offline Find More Posts by turbojoe
Old Nov 30, 2010, 11:32 PM
Joined Aug 2006
2,214 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by turbojoe View Post
Here is a link to the servo adapters. LINK For some reason they call it a servo horn set. I went to two LHS today to pick up a set of these and a few other little items. One no longer carries Align and the other only had a very few parts for 450's. Looks like I'm going to have to drive a little further tomorrow. My HS-225's should be here this week. I hope I don't end up having to order the adapters. I guess I could probably make my own if I had to.

Joe
funniest servo horns Ive ever seen thought about making my own too and ya only need 3 but man whata hassle
Old Dec 01, 2010, 12:47 AM
Not a six pack
USA, IL, Chicago
Joined Jul 2008
5,291 Posts
Quote:

rocket, how are the ds510`s holding up? do you have many flights on the 500 yet?
They are great. Not MG but easy to fix. I have enough wire to hang them off the frame and fix without much trouble. They now sell metal gearsets for them too or you can get them in MG.. ds510M?

I have quite a few flights. I had some issues .. but I think I have that all sorted. However my 6S batteries are starting to go so waiting on motor and ESC to go 8S. Will of course update once that happens.
rocketscience is online now Find More Posts by rocketscience
Old Dec 01, 2010, 02:37 AM
M0unt@in M0del$ minion
United States, AZ, Mesa
Joined Jul 2002
7,243 Posts
I just got home and my HS-225's were here. Aside from the need for spacers they fit the holes just fine. At work tonight they had the audacity to keep me busy all night long so I didn't get to make any more progress on the bird. I think I'm going to turn in soon so won't mess with it any more tonight. I'm going to try another hobby shop tomorrow for those spacers. If they don't have them I'll just make my own.

Joe
Old Dec 01, 2010, 11:24 AM
Lake Zurich, IL
Joined Jan 2008
5,654 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by turbojoe View Post
I just got home and my HS-225's were here. Aside from the need for spacers they fit the holes just fine. At work tonight they had the audacity to keep me busy all night long so I didn't get to make any more progress on the bird. I think I'm going to turn in soon so won't mess with it any more tonight. I'm going to try another hobby shop tomorrow for those spacers. If they don't have them I'll just make my own.

Joe
Or try using old servo arm if you have any around .... cut to size with hole line up. I have HS225MG on mine for a year.
sidneyw is offline Find More Posts by sidneyw
Site Sponsor
Old Dec 01, 2010, 02:20 PM
Joined Aug 2006
2,214 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by sidneyw View Post
Or try using old servo arm if you have any around .... cut to size with hole line up. I have HS225MG on mine for a year.
servo arm? I thought we were talking spacers?
Old Dec 01, 2010, 02:41 PM
M0unt@in M0del$ minion
United States, AZ, Mesa
Joined Jul 2002
7,243 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by lectroglide View Post
servo arm? I thought we were talking spacers?
Some servo arms probably just happen to be the proper thickness to use as a spacer. An easy source of material for making your own.

Joe
Old Dec 01, 2010, 05:14 PM
USA, MI, Shelby Township
Joined Jan 2009
2,875 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by lectroglide View Post
thats funny I thought the plastic version had a metal frame

somewhere in this thread is a guy that posted some servo adaptors for the 225s..I think thier $4.wish someone had them locally so I wouldnt have to order just one set...BTW if ya didnt know airtronix ends will not fit anything but airtronix equip. I tried once to rig up diffrent ends but for some reason it didnt work.......Ha,that was along time ago

didnt know the plastic version had a metal frame, i guess i could always order a back-up frame in the metal.

i wonder if the airtronics servo`s run a different polarity?

anyway, it`ll be awhile it looks before i can get a 500. hopefully by then, i`ll have all the info i need LOL.
Old Dec 01, 2010, 05:16 PM
USA, MI, Shelby Township
Joined Jan 2009
2,875 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rocketscience View Post
They are great. Not MG but easy to fix. I have enough wire to hang them off the frame and fix without much trouble. They now sell metal gearsets for them too or you can get them in MG.. ds510M?

I have quite a few flights. I had some issues .. but I think I have that all sorted. However my 6S batteries are starting to go so waiting on motor and ESC to go 8S. Will of course update once that happens.
i believe you are right on the 510m, i think i saw this somewhere.

im still dumbfounded that there is such a small selection of servo`s for a 500 class heli.
Old Dec 01, 2010, 05:47 PM
Put a bigger motor on it!
Costa Mesa, CA
Joined Feb 2007
1,434 Posts
Quote:
im still dumbfounded that there is such a small selection of servo`s for a 500 class heli.
I would think that more of a selection would just cause more of a headache when trying to choose one. The current selection has good stuff from cheap to expensive, analog to digital, plastic to metal. What else are you looking for?
gtfreeflyer is online now Find More Posts by gtfreeflyer
Old Dec 01, 2010, 05:53 PM
Joined Aug 2006
2,214 Posts
Quote:
didnt know the plastic version had a metal frame, i guess i could always order a back-up frame in the metal.

i wonder if the airtronics servo`s run a different polarity?

anyway, it`ll be awhile it looks before i can get a 500. hopefully by then, i`ll have all the info i need LOL.
yes, just looked at the ad again and it sez "rigid aluminum frame, or atleast it better be!
Old Dec 01, 2010, 05:59 PM
Joined Aug 2006
2,214 Posts
was just reading the EXI thread on RCU and guess they were considering bringing out a 600 but the manufacturing cost didnt weigh out, BTW servos etc and easy to find for that size model, just wish they'ed sell equip. to go with thier 500
Old Dec 01, 2010, 06:15 PM
USA, MI, Shelby Township
Joined Jan 2009
2,875 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by gtfreeflyer View Post
I would think that more of a selection would just cause more of a headache when trying to choose one. The current selection has good stuff from cheap to expensive, analog to digital, plastic to metal. What else are you looking for?

well, with my 450`s i can find any brand any speed and any torque range, so far with the 500 i can find 4 servos and they are very close in spec`s.
i am speaking of a wider selection is torque and speed and name brand.
but i guess i want to much, but i sure dont want to pay 90 bucks per servo for a 22 sec and 60oz`s of torque.
for that price i would like to see something like 11sec`s and 120+ in torque.
no big deal i guess, its like living in mexico where you have one company in the whole country for your phone (telemix) and one company for your gas (pemix).
i like verity.