HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Mar 03, 2010, 09:34 PM
Need 2nd Job for my hobby
Oceanside, Ca. United States
Joined Apr 2008
104 Posts
I know that may sound kinda stupid, but I have been surprised how many people think you can only order it while it is in stock, and not just place the order and get it filled in the next batch.

Mac[/QUOTE]

No, i know i will get it shipped when they re-stock, i was just trying to get something shipped...now, motor is the last thing i need... so just being impatient, thats all.
irjamesm is offline Find More Posts by irjamesm
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 03, 2010, 10:16 PM
New Jersey
Joined Feb 2003
8,004 Posts
That's how I learned them. Half flip, pause, half flip, pause, etc. Then I just got faster and faster. On the sim I can do them as long as I want so now its just over coming the fear of the real thing. There is a lot going on with those so it can be easy to get disoriented and get in trouble.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melnic View Post
Thx, I've yet to do continuous on the sim though, I spent most of my year last year working on inverted in all orientations. The first piro flip came easier then. My turning point was trying half piro flips first. I think I'm going to work on good half piro flips and try to doing consecutive half piro flips first. I think it's easier to make adjustments for each half flip that way. My piro rate setup on my gyro is not where I want it just yet, need some tweeking.
Tumbler is offline Find More Posts by Tumbler
Old Mar 04, 2010, 11:21 AM
What is a plank?
Kingfisher, OK
Joined Jul 2006
225 Posts
Got my servos, esc and some other stuff yesterday. Motor and tail servo will be here tomorrow. WHOOO.
Barry
I have a new tail boom holder and seesaw on the way from xheli. Thanks Andy!!
mainblades is offline Find More Posts by mainblades
Old Mar 04, 2010, 12:53 PM
Joined Jan 2010
38 Posts
mainblades, I was told by x-heli that all the boom holders that they got in this last batch of heli's is messed up. So I bought an Align boom holder. It's plastic but very well made. Also the See Saw I was worried about the replacement being machined wrong also so I bought an Align replacement for that also. Let us know how that See Saw works? I've got 2 bad boom holders.
Paul5992 is offline Find More Posts by Paul5992
Old Mar 04, 2010, 01:34 PM
Team Wack-a-Mole
Maryland
Joined Oct 2008
8,439 Posts
I just did the Battery tray mod that many Align Trex 500 owners have done:
Battery Tray MOD
Melnic is offline Find More Posts by Melnic
Old Mar 04, 2010, 07:48 PM
What is a plank?
Kingfisher, OK
Joined Jul 2006
225 Posts
Going to have to wait and see what the parts look like when they get here. I am going to fly it the way it is. If you tighten the right lower bolt first then the one straight behind it helps line the pocket up better. It is now off much. Have to wait and see. If the new one is still off then i will have to post again.
Barry
Old Mar 04, 2010, 08:05 PM
What is a plank?
Kingfisher, OK
Joined Jul 2006
225 Posts
You all know that all these helis come out of the same building in china. Align and all the cloans. The only difference is that the ppl makeing the Align stuff can see better!!!!!
LMFAO!!!
Just kidding...
Old Mar 04, 2010, 08:23 PM
Joined Apr 2008
104 Posts
Good one Mainblades, Hey what are most people running on their batteries?
6S 3000mah?
6S 3300mah?
6S 3600mah???

Jcerv i know your running 5S

And for those of you running 2 - 3S in series, on your y harness what gauge wire you using?
Last edited by irjamesm; Mar 04, 2010 at 09:21 PM.
Old Mar 04, 2010, 09:49 PM
United States, VA, Richmond
Joined Jan 2010
126 Posts
I'm running 6s 3000mah. Doesn't fit between the frame so the frame mod won't do me any good. I think I buy 2700mah for the next two?
I'm waiting on a main gear. Back to flying my 450...wind really gets to it. Can't wait to get the 500 back up and running. Just installed a carbon fiber tail servo mount. Wow...def solid
pete914 is offline Find More Posts by pete914
Old Mar 04, 2010, 10:03 PM
Joined Apr 2008
104 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by pete914 View Post
I'm running 6s 3000mah. Doesn't fit between the frame so the frame mod won't do me any good. I think I buy 2700mah for the next two?
I'm waiting on a main gear. Back to flying my 450...wind really gets to it. Can't wait to get the 500 back up and running. Just installed a carbon fiber tail servo mount. Wow...def solid
Is it tight with the canopy?
Old Mar 04, 2010, 10:55 PM
Team Wack-a-Mole
Maryland
Joined Oct 2008
8,439 Posts
I was running 2650 Turnigy that fit under the canopy fine.
I then got 3000 turnigy and I could not put the bottom of the canopy in the frame slot but it was a tight fit.
My newest batteries are the Bluelipo 6S 3000's and I did the canopy mod I linked to up top. Fits great now. That mod is really easy to do. And I have better adjustment possibilities for bigger batteries.
Melnic is offline Find More Posts by Melnic
Old Mar 04, 2010, 11:20 PM
Sacramento
Joined Feb 2008
136 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by irjamesm View Post
Good one Mainblades, Hey what are most people running on their batteries?
6S 3000mah?
6S 3300mah?
6S 3600mah???

Jcerv i know your running 5S

And for those of you running 2 - 3S in series, on your y harness what gauge wire you using?
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/attac...mentid=2941729 not sure what wire it is...
SAC - MAN is offline Find More Posts by SAC - MAN
Old Mar 05, 2010, 01:51 AM
St. Louis
Joined Feb 2008
1,237 Posts
anyone know about these gyros?? http://rckingmax.com/King%20max%20hi...S__%20gyro.pdf
T3beatz is offline Find More Posts by T3beatz
Old Mar 05, 2010, 03:22 AM
Team Mulikow 3D
Oxfordshire, UK
Joined Jan 2007
4,098 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by T3beatz View Post
The 401 looks very much like the e-Tech 104 that Elias (Eatatjoes) rated highly http://www.himodel.com/radios/E-TECH...Gyro_G104.html
MikeHRC is online now Find More Posts by MikeHRC
Old Mar 05, 2010, 04:07 AM
St. Louis
Joined Feb 2008
1,237 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeHRC View Post
The 401 looks very much like the e-Tech 104 that Elias (Eatatjoes) rated highly http://www.himodel.com/radios/E-TECH...Gyro_G104.html

Yeah, I've seen that one floating around... do you think they are really SMM or do you think the specs are padded a bit?
T3beatz is offline Find More Posts by T3beatz