pcnewman is offline Find More Posts by pcnewman
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 28, 2009, 11:50 AM
RC boat Rock Star
Kalamazoo, MI
Joined Apr 2004
2,952 Posts
Got one.
I have a video also of one of its first times on the water.
Falcon 41 Gas Cat (1 min 3 sec)
Ron Olson is offline Find More Posts by Ron Olson
Old Jan 28, 2009, 02:07 PM
Adelaide, SA
Joined Nov 2008
19 Posts
I love the fact that 3/4 of the people who have looked at this tread have looked at picture 2, must be checking out the truck in the background!!!
ZuluFox is offline Find More Posts by ZuluFox
Old Jan 28, 2009, 02:29 PM
RC boat Rock Star
Kalamazoo, MI
Joined Apr 2004
2,952 Posts
That's my 16 year-old niece out at one of my sister's houses back in July. One of my other brothers showed me up with his 760 HP Viper. It was stil pretty new (to me, I bought it partially built) and wasn't decaled yet.
Old Jan 28, 2009, 05:26 PM
Joined Oct 2008
163 Posts
That's a nice set up.What motor have you got in it? Looks fast and stable.
Old Jan 29, 2009, 10:07 AM
RC boat Rock Star
Kalamazoo, MI
Joined Apr 2004
2,952 Posts
I think that I'd call it a low-buck Chinese setup for the most part. Sikk engine with a Profession Model (what some people call the Chinese pipe). Transom hardware is a mix of Octura and Speedmaster. Hi-tec Aggressor II FM radio, stock servo for throttle and a HS-645MG for the rudder.
When I bought the boat is was sold as being 90% done but I had to do a lot of changes to make it the way that I wanted it. She's a little light on the water now but no big deal to fix plus a few other new boat bugs to get out of it.
My boats all seem to get their own nicknames after a while, this one I'm calling the Hairball Express or One Sikk Cat.
I was making those odd-looking passes as we were trying to get some radar speeds on it, 49 MPH but with some carb tuning and prop swaps I should see at least another 5 MPH out of it.
Old Jan 30, 2009, 11:22 PM
Joined Sep 2008
55 Posts
Ron, I've seen that pipe on ebay, wondering what you think of it, it sells for pretty cheap, would you recomend it ? still only 1/2 way on my build, maybe i could pm you don't want to cut into this thread(sorry!)
blownjet is offline Find More Posts by blownjet
Old Jan 31, 2009, 12:03 AM
RC boat Rock Star
Kalamazoo, MI
Joined Apr 2004
2,952 Posts
No problem, I'll answer it.
The pipe is a very good buy for the money but here's 2 tips for you. Mount it using a rubber isolator like what's used on the engine but a bit smaller if you'd like so that the pipe can move. The other is that you can quiet the pipe plus make a little more power out of it by inserting a 1/2" piece of brass tubing into the pipe. Take it in as far as the widest part of the pipe. Use a small screw or pop rivet to hold it in there. Drill a hole in the tubing (around 1/8") and have that at the bottom so that oil or water in the pipe will drain out.
I tried JB Weld but forgot to clean the pipe's stinger out first. I wondered why it got louder.......
Old Jan 31, 2009, 11:15 PM
Joined Oct 2008
163 Posts
Does the hull seem to be well built? Is the glass thickness the same throughout the hull? Are the line crisp and sharp? Does it lay true whan on a flat surface? Ive run a .45 in a 40" deep vee with a lot of success and was thinking about one of these for a .67. What do you think?
Could you post some dimensions?
LOA
Beam
Tunnel width
Tunnel depth
Height at transom
Overall height (at highest point)
RTR weight
Would love to see more vid
Thanks for info!!
Old Jan 31, 2009, 11:45 PM
RC boat Rock Star
Kalamazoo, MI
Joined Apr 2004
2,952 Posts
I wished that I'd gotten this notification earlier as I spent a lot of time in the dungeon today thrashing on yet another project.
As far as a .67 goes, it might be a bit large for one as it's made for .90's to gas.
It's light and well made as it's done in polyester. The hull is very well made especially considering the low price. I'm waiting to see how well I do against the higher-priced American-made boats but so far I'm really happy with it.