SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old May 24, 2001, 09:18 PM
RIP Ric
Marietta, GA
Joined Jun 1999
43,312 Posts
Let's talk about Satellite service (US)

We just lost our land-based service. It was the same technology as digital sat., but from a few strategic transmitters around the area (line of site as usual). Anyhow, I loved it, but now we're with one of the "regular guys".
I've only had it for 8 hours now, so I'm not going to say much about my dissatisfaction yet, but I was wondering what any of you guys that may have had similar service for a while now have to say.
TIA,
..a
Andy W is offline Find More Posts by Andy W
Old May 24, 2001, 10:54 PM
Texas
Joined Aug 1999
5,110 Posts
I don't know much about satelite service, but here in San Antonio, digital cable service through the standard cable line is becoming very popular. Do you guys get that service in Atlanta?
dave_lilley is offline Find More Posts by dave_lilley
Old May 25, 2001, 09:33 AM
ὅπερ ἔδει δεῖξαι
Joined May 2000
3,335 Posts
Gerald is offline Find More Posts by Gerald
Last edited by Gerald; May 05, 2008 at 11:54 PM.
Old May 25, 2001, 10:35 AM
Oakland, ca, usa
Joined Oct 2000
471 Posts
Do any of the satelite services offer HD digital?
jimbarstow is offline Find More Posts by jimbarstow
Old May 25, 2001, 10:01 PM
I have no friends
United States, MI, Holland
Joined Dec 1996
3,364 Posts
I have Direct Tv also and don't like the way they sell it to you. I was told that if the local stations in my area were not available on the dish I would get major networks like Fox, NBC, CBS and ABC from LA and New York, two of each.

In reality they get your zip code and run it through the computer. If the FCC determines that your zip code is close enough to get the local stations with a roof antenea then they will not give you the national feeds unless you get a waiver from each local station. Only the CBS affiliate 45 miles away would grant mine. The others, all 20 miles away would not and I can't get them well on my $60 Terk amplified antenea that mounts on my dish.

I wish they would tell you that when you buy it.
mt_100 is offline Find More Posts by mt_100
Old May 26, 2001, 12:00 AM
New Zealand, Taranaki, Midhirst
Joined Feb 1999
3,429 Posts
We down here are designing our own satlite laser tracking and destroy system as we getting darn ticked when ya look into the BUEATIFULL Southern Night sky and all ya can see is dam satilites roaring pass every 10 seconds so be warned normal service may not be resumed.

Sluf7
Sluf7 is online now Find More Posts by Sluf7