HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jan 25, 2009, 11:53 AM
too many hobbies
West Palm Beach
Joined Oct 2006
73 Posts
Discussion
Wanted ideas of a product or a product to sell me

I want to buy a small aerial video camera i want to put in a real scale extra 300. I want good video quality at about 5000 feet. I would like to mount this camera in the cockpit, end of the wing, and on the vertical stab. I may not be able to mount in all of the above but you get the idea. I want this to have at least 60min of film time. The smaller the better as it may be on the out side of the aircraft at speeds of 200 knots. It also needs to be able to handle the g force this aircraft is capable of. Any help would be great.

Thank you
James
camaroz28325 is offline Find More Posts by camaroz28325
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 25, 2009, 12:14 PM
SlowStick Test Pilot
Yumastan RCAPA.NET
Joined Feb 2003
5,996 Posts
http://www.helicamsolutions.com/Prod...V/mark_iv.html

Jody could probably help you out. P
patrickegan is offline Find More Posts by patrickegan
Old Jan 25, 2009, 05:38 PM
Hoofddorp, Netherlands
Joined Sep 2004
3,917 Posts
You want to fly 60 min non-stop That'll give you quite a stiff neck, I guess. What quality of video are you looking for: HD of normal DVD? Panasonic makes some very small cams which work with SD cards for storage so they should be able to handle high G-forces. One, just a bit larger than a pack of filter sigarettes I think, even is watertight to about 6 feet or so.
Arthur P. is offline Find More Posts by Arthur P.
Old Jan 25, 2009, 06:51 PM
Pull out early!
Lexington, KY
Joined Jan 2005
1,956 Posts
What's your budget? It seems like you could just use "full scale" video cameras (6oz-10oz) on a full scale plane.

Dave
DiveBombDave is offline Find More Posts by DiveBombDave
Old Jan 26, 2009, 09:56 AM
too many hobbies
West Palm Beach
Joined Oct 2006
73 Posts
I am trying to go cheap as I can at first to see how it turn out and how the mounting goes. I want to keep it small so i can mount it outside the plane or so. Also 60 minutes of film time is to account for taxi time and engine run up time.

Thank you again guys
James
camaroz28325 is offline Find More Posts by camaroz28325
Old Jan 26, 2009, 12:05 PM
Pull out early!
Lexington, KY
Joined Jan 2005
1,956 Posts
Hobby-lobby has the tiny FlyCamOne2, but only records 30 mins on it's max 2GB card... for the same money or less, you can get an Aiptek (check them out at www.aiptek.com and then two categories HD and standard video cams). They range from $30 to $200, and some of the HD ones take SDHC cards so you can use an 8GB... There are some camera that compare to the FlyCamOne2, like the Flip and Minos cameras, but I don't know much about those.

Dave
DiveBombDave is offline Find More Posts by DiveBombDave