HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jan 24, 2009, 04:22 PM
Joined Jan 2009
421 Posts
Discussion
Walker 4#3 throttle problem Ė new heli

Just got my Walkera 4#3B today and canít get throttle to work. I turn on the transmitter and wait for 10 seconds, plug in the battery and no response from any controls. The LED in the nose blinks rapidly. Now if I turn the transmitter off (without unplugging the battery), then transmitter back on, I get control response from the elevator and aileron controls, however the left side controls for throttle are unresponsive. Iíve tried the transmitter power up, connect the heli battery sequence several times and Iím either missing something. Before I break anything fist I thought Iíd see if anybody is familiar with this situation
Ronon is offline Find More Posts by Ronon
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 24, 2009, 04:31 PM
UK
Joined Jul 2007
2,678 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronon
Just got my Walkera 4#3B today and canít get throttle to work. I turn on the transmitter and wait for 10 seconds, plug in the battery and no response from any controls. The LED in the nose blinks rapidly. Now if I turn the transmitter off (without unplugging the battery), then transmitter back on, I get control response from the elevator and aileron controls, however the left side controls for throttle are unresponsive. Iíve tried the transmitter power up, connect the heli battery sequence several times and Iím either missing something. Before I break anything fist I thought Iíd see if anybody is familiar with this situation
Make sure the throttle and throttle trim are fully down - its a safty feature with walkera models throttle ESC will not arm unless it is fully closed.

Regards David
Hellraser is offline Find More Posts by Hellraser
Old Jan 24, 2009, 05:22 PM
Joined Jan 2009
421 Posts
That was it, thanks! It came trimmed that way and I thought that trim had to be centered, but throttle trim down is what works. The manual is a bit sketchy and Iíve been searching around for a more detailed .pdf that might explain things in more detail. The helicopter flies great, managed to keep it airborne for about 5 seconds so far, but evidently is going to take a bit of time to master. All fun though. Iím transitioning from a Blade mCX FP coax and have been practicing on the ClearView flight simulator. A lot more you can do with this machine than the mCX, and way faster too.

The tricky part for me right now is getting it up about 2 feet and getting it into a stable hover. Right away it lifts off and it hovers tail down a little and wants to drift a bit rapidly off to the sides. A big open gymnasium would be nice as for now getting it quickly up and reasonable stable takes a bit more room than I have to work with which is a basement with plenty of space but supports in the way.

This will be a fun machine once I get the hang of it. I need practice on the simulator some more. Having 20 x 20 feet or more to work with would be nice. For now itís getting a handle on the basics and trying not to destroy anything in the process.

Ronon is offline Find More Posts by Ronon