HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
This thread is privately moderated by Dora Nine, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Jan 23, 2009, 11:40 PM
The sky is my playground.
United States, NH
Joined May 2005
7,714 Posts
Discussion
Adding floats to the E-Flite Mini Pulse. Update inside.

This is the first of my 2008-2009 winter projects. I decided to see if I could mount floats to my E-Flite Mini Pulse. My MP despite being an excellent plane really hasn't seen much use in probably close to a year. I'm hoping that this will put the plane back on the front burner for the 2009 summer season. Anyway, I picked up some floats from a guy who posted an add for some semi custom balsa floats on this site(for the life of me I can't find the link. If you want the guys email. I do still have that. The rear mounting bracket is simply another MP landing gear bracket I ordered from my LHS. The bolt pattern for the gear mounts is the same for the wing mounts. Thusly I just ran the bolts with some washers though the rear mount, then the wing, and bolted it all the fuse. I may need to add in a spacer where the gear used to mount to provide some incedence to the wing/floats. Spring time water testing will determind that.
Another add-on the plane was a new 1-3/4" spinner from E-Flite. I previously had an Alfa FW-190 spinner on there, which worked fine, but I like this one a little more. Lastly, I upped the motor from a E-Flite 450 to a 480. I have test flown this off the snow with 100% success. The plane handles the floats just fine. It'll still roll and loop like before and even still knife edge.

Thanks for stopping by, any questions or comments?
Dora Nine is online now Find More Posts by Dora Nine
Last edited by Dora Nine; May 13, 2009 at 04:36 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 13, 2009, 10:05 AM
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
Coastal Maine
Joined Jun 2007
857 Posts
Looks good John!
graphixman is offline Find More Posts by graphixman
Old Feb 15, 2009, 03:01 AM
United States, NH
Joined May 2005
7,714 Posts
Thanks! Next time home I'll finish up winter project number 2. The Camel. I'm about 95% of the way there.
Last edited by Dora Nine; Feb 15, 2009 at 03:19 AM.
Old Feb 23, 2009, 10:21 AM
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
Coastal Maine
Joined Jun 2007
857 Posts
Awesome! That will look good in the air for sure.
graphixman is offline Find More Posts by graphixman
Old Feb 23, 2009, 06:54 PM
United States, NH
Joined May 2005
7,714 Posts
Yeah, I'm pretty excited about it. Another thing I am going to do is apply some dull cote to the Fokker. I really like the look it gave to the Camel. With any luck, I'll bring these to the mall show this year.
Old May 13, 2009, 04:47 PM
United States, NH
Joined May 2005
7,714 Posts
Water flying...

A couple weeks ago, I managed to get some decent weather to take the MP out for some "real" float flying and honestly I can't be more pleased. Take off is pretty quick...I'd say about 50-75" and she rockets out if I'm not careful with the elevator application. Flight performance is great from the upgraded 450 to a 480 (swining a 11X7E prop). Landings, are a breeze. What I like most is that I can still do KE flight which is pretty cool to do just a few feet off the water.
Old Dec 30, 2009, 12:07 AM
Joined Aug 2009
839 Posts
Dora Nine,

If you still have the Mini Pulse, are you interested in selling it?
I live in Maine.

My email:uboat182@roadrunner.com

Frank
drypipe is offline Find More Posts by drypipe